Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2018, 03:56 PM - 14 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photokina, Ricoh has Confirmed

Hi all .

I have very trusted word today that Ricoh will definitely announce something at Photokina, or before, as opposed to no announcement of anything this year (some have been wondering, including myself).

Details have to wait, but its confirmed for sure. You know it's not going to be some lame point and shoot camera either. I was very happy to confirm that today. There is speculation on what is to be announced since April, but, I'm not so sure that's going to be all....

So look forward to Photokina (or anytime till then) for Ricoh/Pentax who have been pretty quiet since April. To me, that's good news and I wanted to share it here first because I care about the lot of you and like this website a lot.

p.s. Loving the K70 and the 55-300mm PLM. LOVING IT. Writing and photographing diligently...!

-Carl

08-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you Carl. Kind of you to post this. I hav some guesses (that I should not share) from conversations and post hints. If even close I will be happy. Ricoh continues to move along the path - in my opinion with a bit more momentum now - and I sense the frequency of announcements will gradually increase.

.:
QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Hi all .

I have very trusted word today that Ricoh will definitely announce something at Photokina, or before, as opposed to no announcement of anything this year (some have been wondering, including myself).

Details have to wait, but its confirmed for sure. You know it's not going to be some lame point and shoot camera either. I was very happy to confirm that today. There is speculation on what is to be announced since April, but, I'm not so sure that's going to be all....

So look forward to Photokina (or anytime till then) for Ricoh/Pentax who have been pretty quiet since April. To me, that's good news and I wanted to share it here first because I care about the lot of you and like this website a lot.

p.s. Loving the K70 and the 55-300mm PLM. LOVING IT. Writing and photographing diligently...!

-Carl
08-27-2018, 04:03 PM - 5 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
You know it's not going to be some lame point and shoot camera either.
Indeed, Ricoh wisely abandoned P&S several years ago.

So, what could it be.....

Pessimistic: A line of golf shirts, mouse pads and insulated thermoses all emblazoned with the Pentax logo.
Cautiously Realistic: DFA 85
Enduringly Hopeful: Flagship APS-C and/or 645
08-27-2018, 04:08 PM - 8 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

This thread needs some asahi-man and kenspo.

08-27-2018, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
So, what could it be.....
A brand new FF with 24MP sensor, killer ISO performance, fast buffering and UHS II, much much improved AF, and everything else same as the original K1... BUT.. I guess that ain't going to happen in a short time

Last edited by kooks; 08-27-2018 at 05:46 PM.
08-27-2018, 04:21 PM - 6 Likes   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Pessimistic: A line of golf shirts, mouse pads and insulated thermoses all emblazoned with the Pentax logo.
I need a new mouse pad and an insulated coffee carafe would be nice too.

Steve
08-27-2018, 04:24 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like a guessing game...

GR III release date?
11-18 release date?
Assurance that K-3 III is under development? Mock up maybe?

08-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I need a new mouse pad and an insulated coffee carafe would be nice too.

Steve

But would that mean the new camera has a cup holder?

08-27-2018, 04:30 PM - 2 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

insulated thermoses all emblazoned with the Pentax logo.
And not to forget, for their loyal Ozzies the ubiquitous Stubby Holder.
08-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
And not to forget, for their loyal Ozzies the ubiquitous Stubby Holder.
Or beer-cozy as my wife calls them
08-27-2018, 04:39 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
A brand new FF with 24MP sensor, killer ISO performance, fast buffering and USH II, much much improved AF, and everything else same as the original K1... BUT.. I guess that ain't going to happen in a short time
They would have to be insane to launch another in the K-1 series while their "faithful" are awaiting a K-3 replacement
08-27-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news!!!

This news and speculation on what is going to be announced should be enough to take the post count well over the 45000 mark. As far as coffee carafes/mugs go, make sure they’re made out of ‘heavy metal’ to get Kenspo back in the discussion
08-27-2018, 04:52 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Veteran Member

Some news and large samples from the 11-18mm lens would be welcome. Ditto on the 85mm, although I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford that masterpiece (which I'm declaring now if the new 50mm 1.4 is anything to go by).

And while I hate to even field this comment because it's so beyond the realm of likelihood, I have to say I'd like to hear something about Ricoh's plans for anything on the subject of mirrorless bodies. I think mirrorless really is the future. It would be nice to know how Ricoh/Pentax fits into that future.
08-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Let the guessing games begin!
08-27-2018, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
A brand new FF with 24MP sensor,
A fat pixel FF camera would be a nifty thing, but.....

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They would have to be insane to launch another in the K-1 series while their "faithful" are awaiting a K-3 replacement
...priorities are a must and that K3II successor is very long in the waiting.
Closed Thread