Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
08-28-2018, 05:02 AM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
I heard it through the grapevine that it is a new 645 with a tilt/shift sensor.

Or was it through the vine? Can't remember.
Anything 645 related would be very welcome. Particularly if it is new/updated lenses with focal lengths greater than 90mm

08-28-2018, 05:07 AM   #92
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
This news and speculation on what is going to be announced should be enough to take the post count well over the 45000 mark. As far as coffee carafes/mugs go, make sure they’re made out of ‘heavy metal’ to get Kenspo back in the discussion
Made my day \m/

@Topci: Anything related to K-Mount things would be pretty cool. A faster FF Pentax would be nice, but then I´m pissed that I pulled the trigger to get a K1-II as 2nd Cam
08-28-2018, 05:14 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Anything 645 related would be very welcome
Since the now removed Adorama listing had Z in the SKUnumber, my bet is that we will see somenting related to the 645 system.
08-28-2018, 05:15 AM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rognone Quote
God, let's hope this is true... a full frame 36mp Ricoh GR with a 28mm F2.4 with snap focus... and maybe also reasonably priced! (I know, I'm daydreaming!)
I for one hope that's not true. I'm hoping for a 24MP APSC GR III, but if it's full-frame that will put it way out of my (financial) reach and then I'll have to get an XF10

08-28-2018, 05:17 AM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Since the now removed Adorama listing had Z in the SKUnumber, my bet is that we will see somenting related to the 645 system.
Here's hoping.
08-28-2018, 05:31 AM   #96

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
I for one hope that's not true. I'm hoping for a 24MP APSC GR III, but if it's full-frame that will put it way out of my (financial) reach and then I'll have to get an XF10
You are right... a really good 24MP Aps-c should be almost "affordable" for most people (me included) but in this case... let's hope for "top notch" build quality with a sealed lens that doesn't suck the dust in!
08-28-2018, 05:40 AM - 2 Likes   #97
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
Not wishing to derail the thread, but you might want to reconsider the XF10. I was quite interested until I tried it in the shops this weekend. It's noticeably more bulky than the GR II but feels much more consumer because of the texture and buttons. The AF was pretty bad, hunting back and forth quite a bit. Given the fact that the lens is known not to be a great performer at wide apertures, I don't think it is even the equal of the existing GR II, which is kind of testament to what a great camera the GR is - still unequalled.

As for Photokina, I guess we'll see a few of the road mapped lenses under glass and maybe one released. A GR camera might come, but I don't think it will be a direct replacement, more likely an extension of the line. I also think a new 645 camera is a possibility, because it's about two years since the other "affordable" medium format cameras came out, which is a reasonable timeframe to develop a response. I think pixel shift is a great fit for the typical uses of 645, so I think they'll try to implement it.

I also think a limited edition of the KP or K-1 Mark 2 is possible. Maybe an "I ♥︎ Pentax" badge mark II?

08-28-2018, 05:51 AM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At this point I just hope we see *something*, whether it's a new APS-C flagship or a GR successor. Either one would be a promising development to me.
08-28-2018, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #99
Pentaxian

Considering all the anti-EVF sentiment here, it would be funny if Pentax announced a MILC
08-28-2018, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Considering all the anti-EVF sentiment here, it would be funny if Pentax announced a MILC
Not if it's a mirrorless camera with K mount, in which case Pentax would be the best MILC offering of the market.
08-28-2018, 06:46 AM - 2 Likes   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
There’s a non-trivial possibility Ricoh would take another swing at APSc MILC quite soon. Consider KP with an EVF . . .

But a 24Mp GRx is more likely.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-28-2018 at 03:30 PM.
08-28-2018, 06:51 AM   #102
ogl
Banned

Too close to Photokina and no rumors...
08-28-2018, 07:04 AM   #103
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Too close to Photokina and no rumors...
A rumor is a tall tale of explanations of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern.A tall tale is a story with unbelievable elements, related as if it were true and factual.

I would say that we have plenty of rumors...
08-28-2018, 07:11 AM   #104
Pentaxian

I guess we'll see what happens around Photokina. It's happening about 27 days from now.
08-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #105

The first post is a rumor.

Ricoh will announce they sold PENTAX to Sony. Sony will announce they are halting all development on the K-mount but will come out with a line of PENTAX branded MILC and lenses starting with a consumer grade FF MILC. No K-mount adapter is planned for the new series.
Closed Thread