Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2018, 03:57 AM   #256
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I just think that people had better not whip themselves up to expecting too much.
Dream on

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I suppose we could see a consumer, variable aperture zoom for the K-1 too -- 70-300 type lens.
That would be perfect for me. And now that you've whipped up my expectations I will be all the more diasppointed when Ricoh doesn't announce it after all

08-30-2018, 05:02 AM   #257
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Hi all .

I have very trusted word today that Ricoh will definitely announce something at Photokina, or before, as opposed to no announcement of anything this year (some have been wondering, including myself).

Details have to wait, but its confirmed for sure. You know it's not going to be some lame point and shoot camera either. I was very happy to confirm that today. There is speculation on what is to be announced since April, but, I'm not so sure that's going to be all....

So look forward to Photokina (or anytime till then) for Ricoh/Pentax who have been pretty quiet since April. To me, that's good news and I wanted to share it here first because I care about the lot of you and like this website a lot.

p.s. Loving the K70 and the 55-300mm PLM. LOVING IT. Writing and photographing diligently...!

-Carl
Interesting. I hope they announce the new 85 1.4.
08-30-2018, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #258
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I also see it like this. I really would have appreciated if they would have married the Pentax LX-system with the Ricoh GXR-system. Beside different mounts, sensor sizes and characteristics (monochrome, UVIR...) also different viewfinders would be possible... but I do see that this might be a little too much for the market, which wants to sell new cameras in ever shorter cycles and as far as Sony is concerned succeeds in alluring people to spend 2k+$€ again and again.
The GXR is a good indication that Ricoh has been very prepared to innovate and take risks. I really loved Ricoh's early digital camera designs like the RDC 2 - out there but at least pushing boundaries.

However, the market has changed a lot and is no longer growing in the way that it was, especially with the competition from phones driving consumer expectations of the level of technology a standalone camera should have.
08-30-2018, 05:04 AM   #259
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
they exist?
Indeed - got it from my local Pentax shop - fovi.no - when I bought K1.

08-30-2018, 05:04 AM   #260
Forum Member

The shock when Pentax announces a new full frame mirrorless with full 4k, video auto focus, TWO card slots, IBIS and everything else at Tokina. ��
08-30-2018, 05:04 AM   #261
Forum Member

The shock when Pentax announces a new full frame mirrorless with full 4k, video auto focus, TWO card slots, IBIS and everything else at Tokina. 😁
08-30-2018, 05:39 AM   #262
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I just received the German newsletter:

PHOTOKINA 2018 - Freikarten gewinnen - Meet & Greet - GR Walks - Mehr GR erleben!

The emphasis is on the Ricoh GR: head picture, 4 dedicated articles plus 3 on street photography. There is also an article on Image Synch 2.0 and another one on the 'Theta 360 World Playzone'.
GRII??? It's announced on Jun 17, 2015.... More than 3 years old...

08-30-2018, 05:49 AM   #263
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Or socks, I would buy socks

He says, shamelessly increasing the post count
08-30-2018, 06:09 AM   #264

New GR or K-series, either way it'll be interesting
08-30-2018, 06:54 AM - 2 Likes   #265
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Le Fanfoué Quote
Hi all,
A Teta With For Heads !
Pentax is chronically in late to realase new projects.
What's the futur for K-p series ?
I heard they put all the programming algorithms of their autofocus in the trash to start from zero.
I seriously guess Pentax works on the K-3 III, with the technological advances of the P, and a new Safox with more points and a new sensor.
BR.
Fanfoué
A Theta with four heads would be a Hydra.
08-30-2018, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #266
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
A Theta with four heads would be a Hydra.
It would be a Delta

.:
08-30-2018, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #267
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chima chinda Quote
The shock when Pentax announces a new full frame mirrorless with full 4k, video auto focus, TWO card slots, IBIS and everything else at Tokina. 😁
And everyone will still be disappointed and claim Pentax is doomed.
08-30-2018, 07:42 AM   #268
Pentaxian

according to one of famous members of pentaxforums itself :

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
[...] Pentax is doomed.
08-30-2018, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #269
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Ricoh had photo division too and they simply merged divisions and make restructing. Pentax is just a brand now. All belongs to Ricoh.

Traditions is very dim area after sales of Pentax's photo division to Hoya and then to Ricoh. With dismissal of personnel.
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
That's true. Legally

But the DNA lives on...
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Well, no - I don't imagine a little closed community of Pentax pixies literally breeding a new generation in a factory somewhere in Japan (or Vietnam, or the Philippines) - but when I read what they say about their design philosophy on the special site, that's pure Pentax.
I've done several mergers and take-overs, both as victim employee as well as managing them as a project. From my experience I can say that the "brand" and the culture a.k.a. DNA can live independently from the legal status and company name.

It depends on the people and their commitment to "live" their culture, passion, vision and/or mission. This needs support, or at least permission, of the legal owner. Seeing the Pentax webpage and their passionate description of what they are doing, I have no doubt that they want to continue to live the Pentax spirit and values.

Pentax has changed a lot, due to the changing market they live in, but I can also see that they seem to have found their direction in the recent years. It's a niche with certain values, but not the great mass market any more. Bigger is not always better. From my limited outside perspective, I think its a good strategy.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I am still hoping for my Pentax thermos
If they bring out a new, better looking one, I'll take one from the Pentax booth. I want one too.

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
The GXR is a good indication that Ricoh has been very prepared to innovate and take risks. I really loved Ricoh's early digital camera designs like the RDC 2 - out there but at least pushing boundaries.

However, the market has changed a lot and is no longer growing in the way that it was, especially with the competition from phones driving consumer expectations of the level of technology a standalone camera should have.
It seems that Ricoh knows how to work the enthusiasts market. From the newsletter that Mistral75 has posted, the GR photowalks at Photokina were booked out quickly and they added additional times for more walks. I think there is still a market for such cameras, it is just different than in past times.
08-30-2018, 07:52 AM   #270
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Or socks, I would buy socks

He says, shamelessly increasing the post count
Socks are always good.

She says, also shamelessly increasing the post count.
Closed Thread