Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #391
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As nice as it would be to see a new 645, It's welll out of my price range. And even if it weren't, it's well beyond my skill level. I would feel guily buying it because I know I wouldn't do it justice.

08-31-2018, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #392
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
As nice as it would be to see a new 645, It's welll out of my price range. And even if it weren't, it's well beyond my skill level. I would feel guily buying it because I know I wouldn't do it justice.
I recently got a used 645Nii and shoot it 100% manually. Such a great lens to use.
08-31-2018, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #393
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
that is what bothers me, the price, but isn't Thermos a brand?
Could be a collaboration, like Pentax and Rancillo for the K1 coffee machine
08-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #394
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
The evolution of this thread is somewhat mesmerizing
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
That's what happens when there's no real information to talk about. And a post deadline to hit.
QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
I feel most confident about the 645.
So then let me throw in a random thought. Is the current 645 mount sufficient to take FF MF lenses and sensors? I guess yes since we can use legacy glass which was 645 FF film, or not?

08-31-2018, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #395
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
So then let me throw in a random thought. Is the current 645 mount sufficient to take FF MF lenses and sensors? I guess yes since we can use legacy glass which was 645 FF film, or not?
The current 645z uses same mount as the old film bodies. I assume that means it could take a full frame 645 sensor.
08-31-2018, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #396
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
Absolutely, the mount was carried over from film days so of course it's sufficient for a full size MF sensor.

Just as the K mount was sufficient for FF even though it was only used for APS-C for many years.
08-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #397
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
They briefly listed partial information about 2 new items. Both had KZ in their SKUs (stock keeping units) numbers. The most expensive was listed at USD 7599 and the SKU number ended with LS. That could be a new body with built in leaf shutter. A body with a leaf shutter would allow almost unlimited flash sync.
Naive question: did anyone contact Adorama to ask what happened with the odd listing?

08-31-2018, 12:40 PM   #398
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Naive question: did anyone contact Adorama to ask what happened with the odd listing?
Yes, I did and Adam did. They claimed it was a mistake and removed it
08-31-2018, 12:43 PM   #399
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Clearly a mistake but I referred to my question as naive because I don't imagine Adorama would say anymore than that until they are ready. It struck me as the kind of thing that might happen if they have a computerized catalog update system which over reacted to something. Anyway, it would be nice if a new MF camera came at the same time as the new crop sensor camera.
08-31-2018, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #400
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
Not sure 645 is out of anyone's skill level. It makes you slow down a bit in the main, that alone ups skill level and learning opportunity. Yes a bad composition can still occur, but the the technical quality of the shot would probably still remain. It is something of a chimaera, the conceived Gulf between MF and APSC. Yes the better you become techically the better the results are likely to be, but the 645z is a great tool to both express ability and to learn more as you do it.
08-31-2018, 12:55 PM - 5 Likes   #401
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, life is a sexually transmitted disease that is 100% fatal.
08-31-2018, 12:56 PM   #402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
So true.......
08-31-2018, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #403
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can you spin without moving? And since we are being pedantic the earth is moving through space at about 30km a second. The Milky Way of which it is apart moving much faster.
Metaphors ....
08-31-2018, 01:01 PM   #404
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
I have no idea why you said that but it is funny as only truth can be!
08-31-2018, 01:05 PM   #405
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Clearly a mistake but I referred to my question as naive because I don't imagine Adorama would say anymore than that until they are ready. It struck me as the kind of thing that might happen if they have a computerized catalog update system which over reacted to something. Anyway, it would be nice if a new MF camera came at the same time as the new crop sensor camera.
The "mistake" listing might have been for anything. The details were for an APS-C body with 50Mpx sensor at less than $1100. Me thinks not.

...now about that coffee mug...

Steve
Closed Thread