Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 04:09 PM   #421

I'd be happy if a highly functional and capable APS-C flagship were introduced, if just to keep the faithful happy and hopefully compete and be an alternative to the D500. If it adds to Pentax's bottom line, then they could get back to work updating the 645 line.

08-31-2018, 05:52 PM   #422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
A new FF 645 would be even more interesting then a new APS-C flagship!
And just how many of those FF 645s would they sell vs a high spec APS-C? The K-3/K-3II and before that the K-5 series was their bread and butter.
08-31-2018, 06:30 PM   #423
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Longseth Quote
I'd be happy if a highly functional and capable APS-C flagship were introduced
I'm hoping it might be this. I think a GRIII could be on the list too.
08-31-2018, 08:01 PM   #424
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
And just how many of those FF 645s would they sell vs a high spec APS-C? The K-3/K-3II and before that the K-5 series was their bread and butter.
While they're not at the highest end of the MF price range, the 645Z and any later MF Pentaxes are likely to attract a good profit on each body sold, so they're more important for a small player like Pentax than for bigger brands.

08-31-2018, 08:08 PM   #425
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
to add to what roba_Oz said, a new 645z will grab a lot more headlines and will be a good way for pentax to demonstrate their tech.
08-31-2018, 08:57 PM   #426

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The first post is a rumor.

Ricoh will announce they sold PENTAX to Sony. Sony will announce they are halting all development on the K-mount but will come out with a line of PENTAX branded MILC and lenses starting with a consumer grade FF MILC. No K-mount adapter is planned for the new series.
Yikes! Please don't even joke around like that. Can you imagine? What a sad proposition.
08-31-2018, 09:22 PM   #427
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tdub Quote
Yikes! Please don't even joke around like that. Can you imagine? What a sad proposition.
I imagine it was a joke. When you think about it, why would Sony even consider paying money to acquire such a small player already competing in their space, except of course to shut it down (which we all know will be unnecessary, as it's doomed anyway)? If any camera manufacturer was to be a target for a Sony takeover, I would have picked Olympus a couple of years ago when they were in serious trouble – even now, they'd be worth looking at, as their MFT range doesn't compete with much of Sony's offering (maybe their APS-C bodies, at the margins) and they don't look to be going anywhere much with that range.

So, joke around all you like: it's not about to happen, IMHO.

09-01-2018, 03:19 AM   #428
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote

–> I'm planing to visit Photokina, if someone wants to meet up, that would be nice!
I am planning on going as well, but haven't set the date yet.
09-01-2018, 04:08 AM   #429
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
What you're saying is I should go out and buy a 645d/z My poor wallet.
The jump to a 645 would not be as different as a jump to a view camera would be. The 645 cameras are still SLR cameras with viewfinders and pentaprisms. A view camera is a completely different mechanism.
09-01-2018, 04:22 AM   #430
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With all this new FF mirrorless from Nikon, Canon, Panasonic and possibly Sony, Ricoh need something to attract visitors...
09-01-2018, 04:38 AM   #431
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
With all this new FF mirrorless from Nikon, Canon, Panasonic and possibly Sony, Ricoh need something to attract visitors...
FF Panasonic? Possibly Sony? Sony had a long FF mirrorless story...
09-01-2018, 04:44 AM   #432
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The great shift from mirror reflex cameras to mirrorless sensor based technology cameras has finally begun. It was going to happen sooner or later, and it seems that now is the moment. Only time will tell how long dslr cameras will see new and exciting launches, and when the moment comes that only basic and minimal support is left. In all honesty, I have decided not to invest in Pentax Apsc any longer, but use the K3II and DA560 untill I switch to mirrorless. Nikon now has two bodies and a lens lkke the new 500mm f5.6. Sony is about to launch long tele lenses, like a 200-600mm. My main two reasons for switching to mirrorless fof birding are: uncertainty concerning new Apsc dslr body releases (how long have we been waiting for a K3 successor now? How much longer?). Second reason is the whole system of dslr AF and the lack of consistent accuracy. Sensor based AF and the exclusion of mirrorslap, such as can be seen with the Sony A9, completely transform the shooting experience where keeper rates and spot on accuracy is concerned. And now Sony is rumored to soon bring that technology to Apsc....
Things are changing much faster than I could have anticipated even one or two years ago....

Chris
09-01-2018, 04:48 AM   #433
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
And now Sony is rumored to soon bring that technology to Apsc...
A7000 is the mini A9,But the XT-3 is faster.

---------- Post added 09-01-18 at 10:53 PM ----------

possibly Sony,
Definitely,its not too long to wait.
09-01-2018, 04:54 AM   #434
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Could be a collaboration, like Pentax and Rancillo for the K1 coffee machine
A K-1 coffee machine next to my Rocky and Silvia would be great!
09-01-2018, 05:00 AM   #435
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
FF Panasonic?
Yes

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Possibly Sony? Sony had a long FF mirrorless story...
I'm talking about new announcements
Closed Thread