Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #646
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
That exists, but that is too slow, max "shutter speed" would be 1/500 or something like that.
Cool. I didn't think about it as shutter (but that would be cool), rather go transparent instead of mirror-up with a regular shutter. If it would work, someone would have already made it, I guess.

09-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #647
Pentaxian

Okay, because it's a rainy evening here...

Then the only sensor with some potential for a big splash would be the one from the DJI Zenmuse x. It's the only one of the APS-C sensors rivaling the bigger boys in performance at DXO.

But, to be truely honest, probably only because the test of the KP has never been done! I still think that its IQ is brilliant, just if improvements in speed/video etc. performance would be expected, the sensor would have to be a new one for such a proclaimed flagship.
09-03-2018, 01:42 PM - 3 Likes   #648
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Rondec

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Probably not. Ricoh is pretty tight with their non disclosure agreements and if anyone shares early, probably they get cut off from future relationship with Pentax. Even Asahiman hasn't really shared much lately. I still think the answer of gear to be released before the end of the year is "not much."

We can still hope for previews of glass that will be available in the spring of next year...
Yup, they are very tight about that. You wouldn't know if I was under NDA right now or not. But I'm not. What I got and posted here, was all that I could get for now, and I was not restricted from saying that much. If I got more information under NDA I would honor it, cuz that's how a Carl do....

09-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #649
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Gee, nothing like seeing things through rose colored glasses!

I'm setting myself up just in case, so the surprise might be all the sweeter.

09-03-2018, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #650
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like mirrorlessrumors picked up my article, wonder if they read here or there

https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/dont-worry-pentaxians-ricoh-pentax-is-also-going-to-announce-something/#disqus_thread

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 01:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
. I mean, what is big news to some may not be for others, but I certainly didn't get the impression it was casual news.

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 02:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Are you Carl Garrard?
I can tell you for certain that I didn't talk to "some guy at the photo store". I wouldn't come on this forum or post something on my site if that were the case.

C'mon man, give me a little more credit than that

Carl
09-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #651
Pentaxian

What the difference? Not laidout to receive a CFA and micro-lenses on top?
The price, by a factor ten.
09-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #652
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The price, by a factor ten.
humm no, that's not true. Cost of semiconductor devices is defined by area (sq mm). Pricing can be adapted to higher volumes.

09-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #653
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
This is true! You have nothing to do but go up!
09-03-2018, 05:05 PM - 2 Likes   #654
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Which backs up my hunch about a rearview backup camera
I would love a higher res back up camera with the low light performance of my KP. Then backing down my driveway at night would not be such a chore.
09-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #655
Pentaxian

Keeping expectations low and reasonable seems like a good idea in any case.

My last prediction, based on chatter here and there is still, that APS-C high speed model will still take some time until proper new sensor etc. will be available. But the KP sensor can diversify in other models, be it a GR or a new concept. That is what has been done with the excellent K-5 sensor too, GR and even K-01...
09-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #656
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
One reviewer I like watching is Dustin Abbott. I like his review on sigma and tamron lenses. They are so fair and direct to the point. Sad he doesn't review Pentax.
I couldn't agree more.
09-03-2018, 08:24 PM - 1 Like   #657
Pentaxian

IMO, that thread was started when there was a K1 to win if the August post counter would reach 45000. I guess Ricoh Imaging gave a couple of Pentax K1 bodies to help PF fill the void since Ricoh have been silent for a long time and there isn't much to discuss about Pentax. At the moment, there is more genuine talk about Nikon and Canon mirrorless in the non Pentax section, than there is in all other Pentax sections. When PF talk is more about other brands than Pentax, that might be a bit of a concern for the Pentax "share of mind" thingy. When I open Pentax forum website, I get ads for the Nikon Z !!!
This is a very cynical response. The K-1ii appeared with very little warning. Pentax has a proven record of keeping secrets, to the point that US members have suggested that our government out-source secret-keeping to Pentax. If there is something to be known there, we will know when Pentax is ready for us to know. Period - there is nothing more that needs or can be said.
09-03-2018, 09:45 PM - 1 Like   #658
Pentaxian

After PhotoKina

All Pentaxians Should Cheer.

Thats all i'll say.
09-03-2018, 10:57 PM - 3 Likes   #659

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
After PhotoKina

Thats all i'll say.
Every year Pentax is in business is a reason to cheer... I think Pentax is a niche player who might never go mirrorless, they don't beg you to buy their product, they don't bribe you to shill for them, they exist to preserve the K mount.
09-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #660
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
After PhotoKina

Thats all i'll say.
Does it mean we have to moan and be miserable for the next 20+ days? Who's going to count how many more times Pentax is doomed until the sun shines again?
Closed Thread