Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2018, 06:19 AM - 3 Likes   #781
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Lol
They don't worry about inconvenient truths, its just a good marketing ploy , like Mini, MG and Rolls Royce celebrating their Englishness, despite being German or chinese
Agreed. If they felt it would help sales, they would attribute them to Neanderthals.

09-07-2018, 06:37 AM   #782
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GinaC Quote
Agreed. If they felt it would help sales, they would attribute them to Neanderthals.
20 billion years (or whatever) since the big bang! Hooray, let's celebrate!
09-07-2018, 06:50 AM   #783
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I know we all know this, at some level at least, but I'm saying it because it's still a fresh for me, not some arsey debating point:

I've just been looking at a few hundred of the images produced by one of of my favourite photographers over the decades. In the early days he used to use a Nikon 35mm film camera, then for a couple of decades he used a Pentax 67. For the last 10 years he's used a Canon DSLR - and you know what? I'm not even going to say it - you do know what.
No, know what?
09-07-2018, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #784
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
or the last 10 years he's used a Canon DSLR - and you know what? I'm not even going to say it - you do know what.
I don't know "what" and I don't think you do either.

09-07-2018, 07:20 AM   #785
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I don't know "what" and I don't think you do either.
What?
09-07-2018, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #786
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
What?
where, why , when who?
09-07-2018, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #787
Veteran Member

where, why , when who?
In-complete. Needs a 'how', so we get: what/where/when/why/who/how.

09-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #788
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
No, know what?
That he wast happiest when he shot pinhole...
09-07-2018, 08:30 AM - 2 Likes   #789
Pentaxian

where, why , when who?
I've heard that, given the amount of opposition encountered against mirrorless in the Pentax forums , and the fact that Pentax pretends to be different from others and also a brand for contrarians, the rumor says that Ricoh engineers had the idea to add a mirror and prism to the Ricoh GR and to be bold, they'd went as far as removing the back LCD to prevent photographer from using the live view mode. We will see if what I've heard will be confirmed after photokina. If the rumor is true, I hope that Ogl , who was looking forward to a new GR, won't have a heart attack.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-07-2018 at 08:36 AM.
09-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #790
Pentaxian

Photokina will be here soon. We have about 19 days left. There could be a possibility of seeing a GR replacement. There could be a super tiny chance that the K-3II replacement could be announced as well, though I highly doubt it. Maybe Ricoh plans on releasing something else that's completely out of left field that we're not even expecting. Who knows. There are several rumors floating around about great things to come there. I guess we'll see.

This is the funny part. I have a pretty big feeling that a lot of reviewers like Imaging-Resource & DPReview & shops like B&H & Adorama are already playing with whatever Ricoh plans on releasing. I'd even dare say that Adam might be playing around with some secret camera too.

Everyone is dropping their poker chips on the table & taking a big gamble on a lot of things. We're basically at the dawn of a possible new era. All I can say is that I'm pretty giddy right now. The future seems like it's going to get very competitive & competition is good for all of us.

On a side note, if Photokina turns out to be a dud, we at least have CP+ next year to look forward to.
09-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #791
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
...the rumor says that Ricoh engineers had the idea to add a mirror and prism to the Ricoh GR ...
An optical viewfinder is already an optional accessory...
09-07-2018, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #792
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Photokina will be here soon. We have about 19 days left. There could be a possibility of seeing a GR replacement. There could be a super tiny chance that the K-3II replacement could be announced as well, though I highly doubt it. Maybe Ricoh plans on releasing something else that's completely out of left field that we're not even expecting. Who knows. There are several rumors floating around about great things to come there. I guess we'll see.

This is the funny part. I have a pretty big feeling that a lot of reviewers like Imaging-Resource & DPReview & shops like B&H & Adorama are already playing with whatever Ricoh plans on releasing. I'd even dare say that Adam might be playing around with some secret camera too.

Everyone is dropping their poker chips on the table & taking a big gamble on a lot of things. We're basically at the dawn of a possible new era. All I can say is that I'm pretty giddy right now. The future seems like it's going to get very competitive & competition is good for all of us.

On a side note, if Photokina turns out to be a dud, we at least have CP+ next year to look forward to.
Me, I'm just struggling to find scenes I want to shoot. I need to go some where for a few days. I find it hard to get inspired about new gear when I'm not really using what I have.
09-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #793
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
An optical viewfinder is already an optional accessory...
They'd screw it on top :-)
09-07-2018, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #794
Veteran Member

Also only manual focus, and new sensor - FF. Each sensor can be used only once (so each new foto will be completely pure and not affected by the photons from previous one) but for user convenience they will be packed 36 in container that will fit into camera body. Huge bonus no more memory cards! Some even think that the camera will not need battery. It will blow a away competition!
09-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #795
Pentaxian

Actually it is more looking like dusk. And some starved soon-to-be-zombies fight for the last remaining food - rich hobbyists like John Doe for whom price is no factor. Using their claws of marketing and fangs of mini-display-viewfinder-replacements.
All the while the inhabitants of the island continue to flee to Galaxy-phone island.
Yesterday only one mad zombie was gnawing on Joe Doe's leg. Today it looks like his flesh has to be enough for 4 zombies at the same time.

Whoever has hopes too high deserves the pain after the facts appear. The more conservative ones can only be positively surprised.
Closed Thread