Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2018, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #1021
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax, with the release of the DA*11-18 will have the most complete APS-c lens lineup of any manufacturer, I'd totally support the suspension of APS-c lens design. Especially with the extremely fast focusing 55-300 on the market. However, with camera bodies, they need a bit more development.

09-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #1022
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Pentax, with the release of the DA*11-18 will have the most complete APS-c lens lineup of any manufacturer, I'd totally support the suspension of APS-c lens design. Especially with the extremely fast focusing 55-300 on the market. However, with camera bodies, they need a bit more development.
I agree that they have a very good APS-C lineup.

And some of the coming FF lenses will benefit APS-C owners.

But I would like a 1xx-500/600 zoom for APS-C that is more consumer grade and affordable than the 150-450.

Heck, something like a consumer grade 300-500 would be cool.
09-11-2018, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #1023
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I seriously doubt that the K-1 is due for replacement anytime soon....

BTW long telephoto lenses are equally expensive for Aps as for FF. Makes no sense to make cropped long telephotos.
09-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #1024
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I seriously doubt that the K-1 is due for replacement anytime soon....
but both K-3ii and KP could be replaced ..... I have a hard time suggesting that, but it is the only way I can make sense of Asahiman's words. So the choice I see is to either suggest that or to think he's misinformed.

09-11-2018, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #1025
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The best lenses in the lineup still have Sudden Death Motors.
09-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #1026
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

asahi man, our beloved Pythia!

Two classes... Does it mean two different cameras, e.g. an entry level 24x36 camera and a 24x36 flagship (or a camera with a high pixel count an another one with a low pixel count?)? Two different series of lenses, e.g. D FA★ lenses and D FA Limited lenses? Both?
I was assuming lenses, but in his usual cryptic fashion it could mean just about anything.

A super high performance FF camera would be well received.
09-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #1027
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Asahiman is usually spot-on at dpreview.

I assume that he is also this time around.
Which means additional barren times ahead for APSC, unless you are quite OK. with the KP (but better not open that can of worms...)
For me, it is a confirmation, that the new top high end Sony APSC e-mount camera (supposedly an APSC version of the stellar A9) is where I am headed.

Chris

09-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #1028
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
I was assuming lenses, but in his usual cryptic fashion it could mean just about anything.
He talks about both bodies and lenses

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
A super high performance FF camera would be well received.
Yes, a camera above the K-1 and a K-3 replacement is also a reasonable interpretation.
09-11-2018, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #1029
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote

Which means additional barren times ahead for APSC, unless you are quite OK. with the KP (but better not open that can of worms...)
For me, it is a confirmation, that the new top high end Sony APSC e-mount camera (supposedly an APSC version of the stellar A9) is where I am headed.

Chris

If the APS body is due for release within the next six months or so, the development is finished or close to......
Besides, i am pretty sure that Pentax have said that they are working on an APS flagship....
09-11-2018, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #1030
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just scrolled to the asahi man post. 5 pages of mostly quoted and quotes of the quoted and only a few new lines.
Could be zoom and prime, Large and small, consumer and pro. Who knows outside the circle?
09-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #1031
Pentaxian

Chris
That top end Sony camera looks like it will be pretty good. My only gripe is the lack of fast focusing & really good APS-C lenses from Sony. You'll have to pay dearly for a "G" lens that's meant to go on a FF E-mount camera. It's almost overkill like, but it will perform good.
09-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #1032
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
If the APS body is due for release within the next six months or so, the development is finished or close to......
Besides, i am pretty sure that Pentax have said that they are working on an APS flagship....
Everything is possible, but not everything is likely...
They allegedly started development on the K3 successor in march 2018, leave the holidays out, and that means about 4 months ago. I don't believe they are anywhere near a new APSC body myself, but again, only time will tell. I guess the discussion on whether Pentax is perfectly fine with the KP as their top APSC camera (which I still believe personally), will pop up now and then over the coming year....

Chris
09-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #1033
Pentaxian

BTW - it turns out that a few DA lenses are usable on FF
DA lenses on Full Frame: Test Shots thread - Page 35 - PentaxForums.com
09-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #1034
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
That top end Sony camera looks like it will be pretty good. My only gripe is the lack of fast focusing & really good APS-C lenses from Sony. You'll have to pay dearly for a "G" lens that's meant to go on a FF E-mount camera. It's almost overkill like, but it will perform good.
Sony is working on a 200-600mm lens. And apart from that, the Sigma mc-11 mount adapter has evolved to a point where the Fred Miranda Sony forum's A9 thread is full of stories about how many Canon and some Sigma super telelenses work as native on the A9. The images are very, very convincing. So if the Sony APSC A9-like camera comes out, it will catch many, many birder's and wildlife shooter's eyes with silent shutter, BSI sensor, viewfinder without blackout, immaculate AF and tracking, etc... Sony has been working very hard at mirrorless, and it is paying off.
Tracking is on a whole new level, and AF is dead accurate, even down to f11 on the A9, allowing for 1.4 and 2.0 tc's on f5.6 lenses. I have followed the Sony A9 thread's closely, and it is a monster. The downside is, that it is 24mp FF and very expensive. I am hoping for 24mp APSC and around 2000,-

Chris
09-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #1035
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everything is possible, but not everything is likely...
They allegedly started development on the K3 successor in march 2018, leave the holidays out, and that means about 4 months ago. I

Huh? Extremely unlikely.
Closed Thread