Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2018, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #1186
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well this thread started at august 28th. So we are now 16 days further......and only 12 days before Photokina press day. ......

Maybe they show the mock-up 3D-printed d-fa*85mm under glass.....
Maybe they announce a 24mp FF camera tomorrow.

Don't be such a pessimist - something will happen in the next two weeks.

Last edited by reh321; 09-13-2018 at 08:30 AM.
09-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #1187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote

As for photographers selecting a medium format camera, how many photographers shooting with medium format cameras have you seen at sport events? Do you think that by telling to a guy who is shooting comercial stuff with a medium format camera that if he thinks positive and if he set his mind properly he can shoot fast action or bif with his camera with real success? He will tell you what I've told you. Nice motivating message, but let me grab my D5 or my 1Dx while I keep thinking positively about my medium format camera.

Andy Rouse shot dancing sifakas with a 645 and claims it gives just as many keepers as his eos 1.
09-13-2018, 08:21 AM   #1188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Andy Rouse shot dancing sifakas with a 645 and claims it gives just as many keepers as his eos 1.
Yes, his second name is King Julien.
09-13-2018, 08:23 AM - 2 Likes   #1189
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote

Don't be such a pessimist- something will happen in the next two weeks.
Im not a pessimist. I just did not get carried away with a single rumor from an un known source that is just not more then hearsay.

09-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #1190
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Then for God sake, why do you shoot with K1? Why don't you use a K-5 II with some old lenses?
I know people can speak for themselves, but if you would ask me the same question... I would answer:

Because it supports all the new lenses!!

Which brings me to begging RICOH:
Plz, bring support for all the new lenses at least on K-5II bodies (K-5II and K-5IIs) also...
I really loved the results from my K-5II...

And to the people who are ranting about not having mirrorless:
That may be a good thing... to stay on solid ground and improve here, whilst other camera-makers may concentrate faster development on their mirrorless-lines.

I would be so happy with just an immensive upgrade to PENTAXs AF capabilities... and buffer/card write speed...(XQD would make it feel even more professional) I ABSOLUTELY do NOT FEEL the need for fr... MIRRORLESS.
Its absolutely possible to have an AF thats as fast and as accurate as on an A9 body
on a Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera Design... just look at the D500... When shooting only photos... the D500 feels even superior to the A9
09-13-2018, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #1191
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Ok... so, people! We have over 1000 posts in this thread. What’s the conclusion here? What confirmation do we have or are waiting for?
Looks to me that we are waiting.........Oh and whining a lot.
09-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #1192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
I know people can speak for themselves, but if you would ask me the same question... I would answer:

Because it supports all the new lenses!!

Which brings me to begging RICOH:
Plz, bring support for all the new lenses at least on K-5II bodies (K-5II and K-5IIs) also...
I really loved the results from my K-5II...

And to the people who are ranting about not having mirrorless:
That may be a good thing... to stay on solid ground and improve here, whilst other camera-makers may concentrate faster development on their mirrorless-lines.

I would be so happy with just an immensive upgrade to PENTAXs AF capabilities... and buffer/card write speed...(XQD would make it feel even more professional) I ABSOLUTELY do NOT FEEL the need for fr... MIRRORLESS.
Its absolutely possible to have an AF thats as fast and as accurate as on an A9 body
on a Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera Design... just look at the D500... When shooting only photos... the D500 feels even superior to the A9
Is anyone other than Nikon using XQD??

09-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #1193
Pentaxian

What confirmation do we have or are waiting for?
It's the confirmation that there will be something. As simple as that.

---------- Post added 13-09-18 at 17:44 ----------

Im not a pessimist.
Not you are not pessimistic, you are realistic, but we wonder how is that useful to you and others to be alarming.
09-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #1194
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey Ron

Im not a pessimist. I just did not get carried away with a single rumor from an un known source that is just not more then hearsay.
The source is not "hearsay" status. Its solid, legit. Again, no details from the source (tight lips), which should give you a hint at the source. I guess they are allowed to say that there will be an announcement, but nothing more.
09-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #1195
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't be such a pessimist - something will happen in the next two weeks.
RE, where did you get the info that there will be a 24mp FF DSLR? If I remember the Asahi-Man post he said that the 24mp camera was not a DSLR. So you have lost me with the 24mp FF stuff. Is this wishful thinking on your part?
09-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #1196
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Not you are not pessimistic, you are realistic, but we wonder how is that useful to you and others to be alarming.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
The source is not "hearsay" status. Its solid, legit. Again, no details from the source (tight lips), which should give you a hint at the source. I guess they are allowed to say that there will be an announcement, but nothing more.
I have plenty of room to be pleasently surprised by Ricoh-Imaging at or closing in to Photokina, while many overhere are going to set themselves up to be disappointed (even when something nice would be announced).
09-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #1197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sony XDCAM video cameras use XQD. PhaseOne supports XQD on their IQ4 digital backs.
09-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #1198
Pentaxian

What would I like to hear Pentax/Ricoh announce at Photokina in two weeks?

1. Maybe a joint announcement with a third-party lens manufacturer (e.g. Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss) that that lens maker will now be offering certain new lenses in a K mount.

2. An upgrade to the GR line (new sensor - maybe full frame, IBIS, ability to put K mount lenses on it, and incorporation of other advanced features already present in K-1).

3. A new camera with improved auto-focus and/or video.

4. Capitalize on their highly regarded WR and ruggedness by announcing a new "extreme" outdoors edition APS-C camera. Light, super rugged, and waterproof to 10 feet below the surface.

5. Cameras with more/improved whiz/bang features such as: in camera focus stacking, in camera panos, improvement in pixel shift capability.

6. Updated/speeded-up roll out of the new D FA roadmap lenses.

7. A monochrome only camera (lots of us ancient Pentaxians grew up taking mostly black and white images).

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 09-13-2018 at 09:13 AM.
09-13-2018, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #1199
Veteran Member

I think not.

---------- Post added 09-13-18 at 04:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
What would I like to hear Pentax/Ricoh announce at Photokina in two weeks?

1. Maybe a joint announcement with a third-party lens manufacturer (e.g. Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss) that that lens maker will now be offering certain new lenses in a K mount
Now this would be a better news to me than the release of a new body. There is a need for at least a new camera, no question about that. But having access to lenses that Pentax doesn't have by having Sigma and Tamron on board... this would be very nice.
09-13-2018, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #1200
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ok... so, people! We have over 1000 posts in this thread. What’s the conclusion here? What confirmation do we have or are waiting for?
All we have is exactly what we started with - someone's assertion that a good source told him Pentax would be showing something at Photokina. We don't know what, or if anything will be announced beforehand. Nor do we have any confirmation from an independent source.

All 1000 posts are either speculation or off topic. Threads do tend to take on a life of their own.
Closed Thread