Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #1201
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Pentax might have a 24mp FF camera, plus appropriate lenses, in the works, as a different way to provide a low noise higher fps system.
That would be such a great thing.. my concern is WHEN? feels like for Ricoh time goes by some how different than the rest, but just to consider this a great thing to know ( if is true )

09-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #1202
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
RE, where did you get the info that there will be a 24mp FF DSLR? If I remember the Asahi-Man post he said that the 24mp camera was not a DSLR. So you have lost me with the 24mp FF stuff. Is this wishful thinking on your part?
It was just a guess on my part - trying to figure out how Asahiman could possibly be right - how they could release two more FF cameras, and why they seem to be 'dragging their heals' on a K-3 replacement; a 24mp FF camera with a couple of new lenses would close a lot of holes. I suppose they could release a FF MILC - but he said DSLR. Really, we don't know much of anything, but I really doubt it is 'nothing'.
09-13-2018, 09:52 AM   #1203
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
All we have is exactly what we started with - someone's assertion that a good source told him Pentax would be showing something at Photokina. We don't know what, or if anything will be announced beforehand. Nor do we have any confirmation from an independent source.

All 1000 posts are either speculation or off topic. Threads do tend to take on a life of their own.
So what do you expect? Now that Kenspo's gone, we have no members with inside information on what's going on inside of Pentax/Ricoh. Therefore all threads such as this one can only address wish lists and speculation.

And what's wrong with that? Nothing! If you assume that someone at Pentax/Ricoh is occasionally checking in on this Pentax centric forum, maybe if they read enough times about our developmental wishes there's a chance that they take them to top management who act on them? It's called "customer feedback".

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 09-13-2018 at 10:02 AM.
09-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #1204
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
That would be such a great thing.. my concern is WHEN? feels like for Ricoh time goes by some how different than the rest, but just to consider this a great thing to know ( if is true )
From my perspective, that is a second-best scenario ... I don't really expect it. I don't expect to purchase whatever they do announce - I've never spent more than $1K on a camera - I really do wish they'd do something about the apparent hole in the lineup caused by their discontinuing the K-3ii. I do agree that it would be better if they gave us more specific information about what they're planning, but that is not their way of doing things.

09-13-2018, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #1205
Pentaxian

Please explain exactly how we should collectively Push Ricoh/Pentax to give us higher competitive products, particularly here on Pentax Forums since its been said several times that none of the decision makers at Ricoh/Pentax frequent Pentax Forums?
I agree. This line of thinking that repeated attempts of 'pushing' a company in a direction one personally thinks or wishes it to go is, IMO, just plain wrong and a potential source for unhappiness and disappointment - for those doing it and realizing it does not have an effect, and for those reading it. If I have have specific needs I should be capable of finding the appropriate tool on the market. But I would not think about trying to push (repeatedly) any manufacturer into changing anything that would suit this by the attempt of directing an entire forum of users of an equipment into that.
09-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #1206
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes I would warn against that

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I have plenty of room to be pleasently surprised by Ricoh-Imaging at or closing in to Photokina, while many overhere are going to set themselves up to be disappointed (even when something nice would be announced).
Keeping a level head is imperative. I agree with that part for sure. Since we really don't know what "there will definitely be an announcement" means exactly, its way better to keep a level head and have an "anything goes" expectation level. While I did get the impression from the context of the conversation that it would be something significant, I don't have the details yet to back that up.

I certainly don't want anyone to think otherwise, or be held liable for overreaching personal expectations. It is what it is, and we'll all find out soon enough .

(Edit)- All I know is the source is as good as it gets.
09-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #1207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From my perspective, that is a second-best scenario ... I don't really expect it. I don't expect to purchase whatever they do announce - I've never spent more than $1K on a camera - I really do wish they'd do something about the apparent hole in the lineup caused by their discontinuing the K-3ii. I do agree that it would be better if they gave us more specific information about what they're planning, but that is not their way of doing things.
Ok, would it ease your mind if Ricoh/Pentax announced a new APS-C high spec DSLR at Photokina with a few details about the camera and further announced that it would be released on or about the date of CP+2019? Now that would create quite a stir in the Pentax world wouldn't it? Also something like that would allow time for sufficient production and distribution and pre-order opportunities.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

Last edited by Larrymc; 09-13-2018 at 10:37 AM.
09-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #1208
Pentaxian

Ok, would it ease your mind if Ricoh/Pentax announced a new APS-C high spec DSLR at Photokina with a few details about the camera and further announced that it would be released on or about the date of CP+2019? Now that would create quite a stir in the Pentax world wouldn't it? Also something like that would allow time for sufficient production and distribution and pre-order opportunities.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it
That would be great as far as I'm concerned .... but my mind isn't the issue - all those begging for a K-3 replacement are the issue, all those users who are feeling abandoned by K-1, K-70, KP, K-1ii .... everything except what they want - and Asahiman hasn't given them any reason for hope.
09-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #1209
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That would be great as far as I'm concerned .... but my mind isn't the issue - all those begging for a K-3 replacement are the issue, all those users who are feeling abandoned by K-1, K-70, KP, K-1ii .... everything except what they want - and Asahiman hasn't given them any reason for hope.
Well, how about this, I have it on high authority that my scenario is as good as any that have been expressed so far.
09-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #1210
Pentaxian

Well, how about this, I have it on high authority that my scenario is as good as any that have been expressed so far.
That is true .... no better, no worse.
09-13-2018, 11:19 AM - 6 Likes   #1211
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Less $$ spent on gear, more money spent on travel = more photographs!

So much angst about new equipment or no new equipment to come. Everyone got a working camera and a favorite lens or two? If so, energy and funds might be better spent taking a trip somewhere close by, or far away, and snapping away. Inspiration and lighting are 3/4 of any good photo. The other 1/4 is maybe the gear itself. Other than professionals dependent on the gear for their livelihoods, wants may outdistance needs. GAS can overrun creativity leaving photographic roadkill in its wake.
09-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #1212
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
So what do you expect? Now that Kenspo's gone, we have no members with inside information on what's going on inside of Pentax/Ricoh. Therefore all threads such as this one can only address wish lists and speculation.

And what's wrong with that? Nothing! If you assume that someone at Pentax/Ricoh is occasionally checking in on this Pentax centric forum, maybe if they read enough times about our developmental wishes there's a chance that they take them to top management who act on them? It's called "customer feedback".
With all due respect, how much truely interesting revelations did Kenspo bring this forum? I have seen little else than some info shortly before an actual announcement. Otherwise, it was just as much speculation as any, and it even turned out false speculation pretty much overall, in any event regarding the "bright future" for Pentax and its userbase. Take e.g. his "info" on a new APSC body. It would surely come, it even was "far in its development cycle" (although not ready for release. Now it turns out that in the best case scenario, Pentax *may* have started development on a K3 successor end of march this year. Although Asahiman (who is a lot less optimistic, but get's it right somehow almost every time) has recently stated that "development power" is almost completely going to FF, apparently two bodies and lenses. And seeing the time inbetween DFA lens releases in the last years, that does not bode well for APSC, it is simply the Pentax reality right now.

Hmmmm.....

Chris
09-13-2018, 11:47 AM - 5 Likes   #1213
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
With all due respect, how much truely interesting revelations did Kenspo bring this forum? I have seen little else than some info shortly before an actual announcement. Otherwise, it was just as much speculation as any, and it even turned out false speculation pretty much overall, in any event regarding the "bright future" for Pentax and its userbase. Take e.g. his "info" on a new APSC body. It would surely come, it even was "far in its development cycle" (although not ready for release. Now it turns out that in the best case scenario, Pentax *may* have started development on a K3 successor end of march this year. Although Asahiman (who is a lot less optimistic, but get's it right somehow almost every time) has recently stated that "development power" is almost completely going to FF, apparently two bodies and lenses. And seeing the time inbetween DFA lens releases in the last years, that does not bode well for APSC, it is simply the Pentax reality right now.

Hmmmm.....

Chris
I think you are a bit unfair with me here. The bright future comment was regarding all the new primes they told me was coming. And they told me the same with the new APS-C..That they suddenly change something without telling me, makes me look foolish maybe, but nothing that can be hold against me. I have only shared what im told. And when it was more my own opinion, I always wrote that it was. But luckily for you, I'll keep my info for my self in the future. Problem solved
09-13-2018, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #1214
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote

Hmmmm.....

Chris
Here is the Reality, Chris, no one here knows any more than anyone else. so everything is pure unsubstantiated conjecture. That's the reality right now. The absurdity of two different full frame DSLRs defy logic. Of course, I've seen very little logic at all in this thread.
09-13-2018, 11:50 AM - 2 Likes   #1215
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I think you are a bit unfair with me here. The bright future comment was regarding all the new primes they told me was coming. And they told me the same with the new APS-C..That they suddenly change something without telling me, makes me look foolish maybe, but nothing that can be hold against me. I have only shared what im told. And when it was more my own opinion, I always wrote that it was. But luckily for you, I'll keep my info for my self in the future. Problem solved
Can't really blame you, Ken!
Closed Thread