Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2018, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #1426
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Do you need a new camera? If yes, what kind of camera at what price? If no (you don't need a new camera), why ask for Ricoh to release new stuff that you won't buy?
Actually, I need to replace the K-3 that has been around the world, dropped, gooped up, and now only fires at the 12 o' clock position on the shutter button. The media outlets and Non Profits I supply could care less what I shoot with or that most of my lenses are older than their decision makers. The K-3II looks like it'll do fine at the current price and last nicely since I still shoot manual like it's 1971.
An old AWD Subaru, 4wd truck, or really good hiking boots are just as important getting the gear where it needs to be. 250K on the truck, 150K on the Subaru. Ricoh will do what Ricoh will do......and

you will do what you will do.

09-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #1427
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Should anything go wrong, you are the one who will be shot.
Gear Down Big Rig.
09-17-2018, 12:05 PM - 2 Likes   #1428
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Good grief!! That's a bit extreme!

It's aggressive statements like this (...)
'Hyperbolic' and therefore 'ironic' are the two epithets I would have chosen, personally.

I'm sorry you (and some other North American citizens, apparently) misunderstood me. Cultural differences?
09-17-2018, 12:19 PM - 2 Likes   #1429
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
My entire reputation rests on the word of a reliable source telling me they will have an announcement this PK? I think not.

Lets get this clear before this mentality spirals.

1. The source is solid, the best I can think of.
2. The source voluntarily told me in a conversation they will have an announcement.
3. I was not told I could not relay that on the internet.

Now if you poo poo Pentax for that, I am okay with it. But not about my reputation. Killing the messenger does no good.

-Carl
Years before the K1 came out I had confirmation from a good source that Pentax was going to release a full frame camera. The source was being honest to the best of their knowledge. For whatever reason Pentax delayed the K-1 release and I felt maybe this person wasn't that reliable. But I think the reality is that very few people in Pentax know for sure what they will do and Pentax could change there mind anytime before they make an announcement.
I don't think your credibility is on the line.

09-17-2018, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #1430
Forum Member

You are known, your 'very trusted source' is unknown.

You endorsed the person's statement.

Should anything go wrong, you are the one who will be shot. Tar and feathers are ready.
I feel, tar is always bubblin hot in this forum... and feathers are fast at hand. 🤠 *pew* *pew*
09-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #1431
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Years before the K1 came out I had confirmation from a good source that Pentax was going to release a full frame camera. The source was being honest to the best of their knowledge. For whatever reason Pentax delayed the K-1 release and I felt maybe this person wasn't that reliable. But I think the reality is that very few people in Pentax know for sure what they will do and Pentax could change there mind anytime before they make an announcement.
Pentax Ricoh themselves said they'll make it, as early as October 2012.
09-17-2018, 12:23 PM - 6 Likes   #1432
bxf
Veteran Member

You are known, your 'very trusted source' is unknown.

You endorsed the person's statement.

Should anything go wrong, you are the one who will be shot. Tar and feathers are ready.
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Good grief!! That's a bit extreme!
Yes, it would be more than a bit extreme, if he was serious. I assumed he was not.

Actually, I have been taking this entire sub-topic as light humour. Anyone who seriously feels like punishing the OP if it turns out that his info was not accurate, really needs to find something more important to rile up against.

09-17-2018, 12:32 PM - 4 Likes   #1433
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If Ricoh Imaging can't tell us what they are about to release, they should at least leak the amount of money that customers have to save in anticipation to the D day.
09-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #1434
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If Ricoh Imaging can't tell us what they are about to release, they should at least leak the amount of money that customers have to save in anticipation to the D day.
My Money is ready!!
09-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #1435
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Pentax Ricoh themselves said they'll make it, as early as October 2012.
And they did.....only 3 or 4 yrs later.
09-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #1436
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I had a great time today, out and taking photos {this time, using Q-7 for a change} ..... then I came back here and immediately wanted to go out again to get away from the fussing .... but dusk will be here before I'm ready for it.
Clearly, then, what you need from Photokina is a new flash so you can take photos after dark 🙂

-Eric
09-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #1437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
I feel, tar is always bubblin hot in this forum... and feathers are fast at hand. 🤠 *pew* *pew*
Obviously you haven't visited other sections of the Forum but only the volatile News and rumors section where Opinions are freely expressed all the time and that's fine with most forum members. Its pretty easy to find another section of the forum that fits your needs but if you like being skewered feel free to express your opinion, as you have, and you will be skewered. as you have been. So if you want to express your opinion don't complain when someone has a different view point.
09-17-2018, 04:17 PM   #1438
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lol agreed! :)

Hilarious.

---------- Post added 09-17-2018 at 04:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Thanks for that.

But like everyone else I want it to be announced and over with lol.

Maybe more than most now! LOL

Carl
09-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #1439
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Clearly, then, what you need from Photokina is a new flash so you can take photos after dark 🙂
Actually, over time I've found myself using less and less flash, and higher ISO settings - and getting much better photos. A camera that extends the advances provided in the KP would be great.
09-17-2018, 04:35 PM - 5 Likes   #1440
Pentaxian

We can't tar and feather anyone if pentax doesn't release something that makes sure at 200% pixel peeping the detail of the feathers isn't immaculate. Wait that was last April's standard. At 300% pixel peeping.
Closed Thread