Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #1531
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Could you help me remember to start a rumor thread early april that I talked to a credable source about an announcement coming at the may Photokina 2019?
First you'd have to find a credible source willing to talk to you. .

09-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #1532
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
There will probably be some kind of Ricoh GR replacement and/or maybe some newer Theta camera.

I'm really not expecting anything else outside of that, but it would be a nice surprise if here was some Pentax body and/or lens announced too. I'm also thinking that CP+ will be the show that will make or break Pentax for several users.
I'm also expecting this to make or break the OP's reputation here.

He puts stress on his source - but we don't know who that is - so ultimately it is his reputation at stake here.
09-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #1533
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Could you help me remember to start a rumor thread early april that I talked to a credable source about an announcement coming at the may Photokina 2019?
With Photokina now on an annual cycle, in future we’ll have more opportunities for both rumours and revelations.
09-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #1534
Pentaxian

I don't know what Ricoh Imaging will announce at Photokina, nor do I know whether they will announce anything...

... but thinks are moving fast in mirrorless land:

Leica, Panasonic and Sigma are becoming new partners to build a new Full Frame system around the SL mount – SL mount system camera rumors and news (a new rumour site just launched by the founder and admin of 4/3 Rumors)

(FT5) A new force is building up: Leica, Panasonic and Sigma are on board together on the Full Frame SL mount project! - 43 Rumors

09-20-2018, 02:45 PM - 10 Likes   #1535
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote

He puts stress on his source - but we don't know who that is - so ultimately it is his reputation at stake here.
It's a rumour. Why would he disclose his source? Said source may never give him inside info again.
You're being far too tough on the OP. He had no obligation to share what he heard. He could well have kept that knowledge to himself. Instead, he shared what he was told, from someone he perceived as a credible source.

This is no different to years ago when I confirmed that I had been told that Ricoh was definitely working on the K-1. I had a credible source inside Ricoh who gave me that information. If that source had turned out to not be credible - How does that sully my reputation?
09-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #1536
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I don't know what Ricoh Imaging will announce at Photokina, nor do I know whether they will announce anything...

... but thinks are moving fast in mirrorless land:

Leica, Panasonic and Sigma are becoming new partners to build a new Full Frame system around the SL mount – SL mount system camera rumors and news (a new rumour site just launched by the founder and admin of 4/3 Rumors)

(FT5) A new force is building up: Leica, Panasonic and Sigma are on board together on the Full Frame SL mount project! - 43 Rumors
Indeed they are! Just about every mirrorless camera maker has some camera and/or lens project going on. I'm just waiting to see if Ricoh brings out that K-3II replacement sometime next year or they offer something else that's impressive for the price. I can't lose either way.
09-20-2018, 04:28 PM - 3 Likes   #1537
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Mark :)

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
It's a rumour. Why would he disclose his source? Said source may never give him inside info again.
You're being far too tough on the OP. He had no obligation to share what he heard. He could well have kept that knowledge to himself. Instead, he shared what he was told, from someone he perceived as a credible source.

This is no different to years ago when I confirmed that I had been told that Ricoh was definitely working on the K-1. I had a credible source inside Ricoh who gave me that information. If that source had turned out to not be credible - How does that sully my reputation?
You obviously get it. It's hard for others who haven't been in them shoes to understand I think.

09-20-2018, 04:43 PM - 2 Likes   #1538
Pentaxian

How does that sully my reputation?
You could have told us kiwis could fly,some would believe you!
09-20-2018, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #1539
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
You obviously get it. It's hard for others who haven't been in them shoes to understand I think.
No worries. You have no idea how many people hinted I was lying at the time.
09-20-2018, 05:05 PM - 4 Likes   #1540
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Of course Kiwis can fly. How the hell do you think so many of them end up in Australia?
09-20-2018, 05:15 PM - 2 Likes   #1541
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Of course Kiwis can fly. How the hell do you think so many of them end up in Australia?
ROFLMAO!!!

that just hit the spot - thank you!

09-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #1542
Pentaxian

This is essentially like co-signing.
Of course, you were under no compulsion to share what you heard, but you did,
When you reported a rumor, you are putting your name down next to his, but we can see only yours.
It would have sullied your reputation because {despite not needing to} you would have trusted someone who turned out not to be reliable.
The next time you repeated a rumor, at least some would say "This is someone who believed ....," {like believing in Australia}

added: My original point was that the OP must have had good reason to trust this source, just as he would have to trust someone to co-sign a loan.

added: I would have responded to Mark ii earlier, but my wife and I were out having a nice quiet dinner together

Last edited by reh321; 09-20-2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: added comments
09-20-2018, 05:20 PM   #1543
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote

Don't be so hard on the OP he was just passing along information that he received........he did not guarantee anything at all. If nothing at all happens, which I seriously doubt, no harm done at all to anybody. its already speculated that the info will be about the GR based on the GRmany promotions in Germany by Ricoh.
09-20-2018, 05:24 PM - 2 Likes   #1544
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
But then someone would go dump one out of a helicopter, and his reputation would have taken a hit {WKRP in Wairarapa}
09-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #1545
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Don't be so hard on the OP he was just passing along information that he received........he did not guarantee anything at all. If nothing at all happens, which I seriously doubt, no harm done at all to anybody. its already speculated that the info will be about the GR based on the GRmany promotions in Germany by Ricoh.
Please read what I was writing the same time you were writing this. I was not being hard on the OP - my point was that this is a reason to believe even now that something is behind his Original Post.
Closed Thread