Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #1546
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Please read what I was writing the same time you were writing this. I was not being hard on the OP - my point was that this is a reason to believe even now that something is behind his Original Post.
Ok let me read what you posted.

09-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #1547
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
How the hell do you think so many of them end up in Australia?
Those ones that you guys threw off the wharf and said SWIM that way!
09-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #1548
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Don't be so hard on the OP he was just passing along information that he received........he did not guarantee anything at all. If nothing at all happens, which I seriously doubt, no harm done at all to anybody. its already speculated that the info will be about the GR based on the GRmany promotions in Germany by Ricoh.
Good last minute recovery
09-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #1549
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
They said they were looking into the matter. They never said or promised anything AFAICT.
Well I'm glad for your always available defense, as it got me digging a bit more. Apparently they realized they couldn't/wouldn't offer it but then immediately after admitting such last year claim they are still working on a solution (check the video below).

QuoteQuote:
5. Would it be possible to bring back mechanical stabilization in video?
So far the sensor shift is disabled in movie mode in order not to record mechanical noise. In response to our users' requests, we are planning to supply a firmware update that enables mechanical SR (shake reduction) while recording video for the K-1 and KP.
CP+ 2017 Pentax Interview: Part 1 - CP+ 2017 | PentaxForums.com

and a year later:

CP+ 2018 Pentax Interview - YouTube

So a year passed before they admitted the firmware wasn't coming, but I missed that CP+ 2018 response in the video it seems. Obviously it looks like that video response was just a polite 'not happening' at this point. Oh well.. it wasn't major to me, but I was really hoping to see more firmware updates..

09-20-2018, 06:09 PM   #1550
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't imagine a new camera will appear this month. Hopefully a working copy of the da* 11-18 2.8, and maybe another FA* prototype.
09-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #1551
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh will continue to sponsor Professional Women's Golf and rolling ads at Premier League Football matches. That's about the only evidence of advertising I saw this past year.
09-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #1552
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

added: My original point was that the OP must have had good reason to trust this source, just as he would have to trust someone to co-sign a loan.

added: I would have responded to Mark ii earlier, but my wife and I were out having a nice quiet dinner together
Aha! I did not realise you were saying the OP must have had good reason.

Oh - and I hope dinner was worth it for delaying your reply!

09-20-2018, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #1553
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

But then someone would go dump one out of a helicopter, and his reputation would have taken a hit {WKRP in Wairarapa}
Hahaha. I remember that show!
09-21-2018, 01:32 AM   #1554
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
A GR3 that incorporates a large number of Pentax technologies will be unveiled at photokina.
I will certainly like this announcement.

https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/ricoh-gr-iii-coming-september/
09-21-2018, 02:40 AM   #1555
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess the question is how big an announcement would be required to think that the OP was right?

A GR and a lens or two? Does it need a new k mount body? Honestly, I would just be happy if Ricoh gives some solid hints about what is coming down the line and when, even if it isn't ready to release yet.
09-21-2018, 03:07 AM   #1556
Pentaxian

I'm pretty sure that we will see a new GR product. Any other announcement, no matter of being Theta, K-mount, Q-mount etc, will be a nice surprise for me. Part I like the most about those trade shows, are interviews with Rep's of various brands.
09-21-2018, 03:53 AM   #1557
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Ricoh will continue to sponsor Professional Women's Golf and rolling ads at Premier League Football matches. That's about the only evidence of advertising I saw this past year.
The more I am thinking about it, the less I am convinced that it would be useful to spend more on marketing for Ricoh, due to its positioning.
There are many more ways now to reach mass market than just TV broadcasting.
Also Pentax is mostly about Japan in terms of penetration, I dont know what kind of marketing and communication strategies they roll out there.
09-21-2018, 04:07 AM   #1558
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Originally posted by OoKU*
A GR3 that incorporates a large number of Pentax technologies will be unveiled at photokina.
Is it possibly a Pentax GR? I would guess using a 24Mp sensor with the accelerator chip from KP camera. I think weather sealing will be incorporated too.

Anything OoKU posts is gold!
09-21-2018, 04:09 AM   #1559
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
Is it possibly a Pentax GR? I would guess using a 24Mp sensor with the accelerator chip from KP camera. I think weather sealing will be incorporated too.

Anything OoKU posts is gold!
At this point also SR II with Pixel Shift II...
09-21-2018, 04:16 AM   #1560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
At this point also SR II with Pixel Shift II...
Maybe but it would add weight and bulk to the camera. I guess we will see soon.
Closed Thread