09-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #1606
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Another recap of what I'm expecting from the Photokina:
1- The mockup of the two RCs compatible with Full Frame
2- An almost ready DA* 11-18
3- Reworked DA* 16-50 (CA fixed) and DA* 50-135 (ring SDM)
4- The mockup of the D-FA* 85
5- The mockup of the D-FA 70-200 f/4
6- A new 645 with full frame MF sensor
7- The mockup of a new 645 lens, I think a 45-85mm zoom to match the new big sensor
8- An APS-C flagship camera
9- The new GR

Well it seems like the new GR will happen. Beyond that I would be surprised if there were more than a couple more things from your list.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

09-22-2018, 01:54 AM   #1607
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Well it seems like the new GR will happen. Beyond that I would be surprised if there were more than a couple more things from your list.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
Do you have any news or information on the new GR?
09-22-2018, 03:34 AM   #1608
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Do you have any news or information on the new GR?
Oh Ron.
09-22-2018, 04:17 AM   #1609
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My da20-40 was excellent. Sharp and good focusing from 20 to 40. Still sold it then, because after a few months I looked at the images I took with it. Over 80% of them where taken at 30mm. I already had the 31mm, so no sense in taking the zoom.
Does Japan observe the same weekend as the western world does? {i.e., is there little sense in hoping for an announcement tomorrow?}

09-22-2018, 04:36 AM   #1610
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Does Japan observe the same weekend as the western world does? {i.e., is there little sense in hoping for an announcement tomorrow?}
Saturday and Sunday are holidays as you would expect. Products are rarely launched on those days. This coming Monday is another national holiday.

But isn't it somewhat likely that Ricoh Germany will make any announcements for a show in Germany?
09-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #1611
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Saturday and Sunday are holidays as you would expect. Products are rarely launched on those days. This coming Monday is another national holiday.

But isn't it somewhat likely that Ricoh Germany will make any announcements for a show in Germany?
Until today, I had expected the news to come from Japan. For the next week, I guess it would come from Germany.
09-22-2018, 04:48 AM   #1612
Pentaxian

The list of scheduled press conferences on Photokina Media Preview Day (Tuesday 25 September) can be found here. There is no press conference scheduled for Ricoh Imaging.

Any communication will therefore be handled directly by Ricoh Imaging Japan. By the way, remember that Ricoh Imaging Europe are headquartered in France, not in Germany any more.

This means the most probable slot for any announcement will be on Monday at 22:00 UTC (Tuesday morning in Japan; JST = UTC + 9).

09-22-2018, 04:55 AM   #1613
Banned

Zeiss should announce a new Batis lens (40mm/f2) during Photokina. So we can give Ricoh-Imaging also some extra days......and our hobby of debating about it.

Maybe Ricoh-Imaging also takes that time to study the market and see what others bring.
09-22-2018, 05:22 AM   #1614
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How about the 14mm/f2.8 wider and better.
I know that lens (da 14) gets a mixed set of reviews but it does seem very nice. My 12-24 and 15 seen adequate for my needs in the ultrawide space. I would welcome some improvements to the 16-50 but it isn't a high priority for me.

---------- Post added 09-22-18 at 08:27 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I exchanged my DA20-40 for FA31, because it had awful AF accuracy and it was unreal to tweak it. The service said that it was OK, but it was the worst lens I ever had in terms of AF. There was huge dependence on aperture and focal length.

But it was very sharp. The sharpness like a prime. Anyway, I decided not to play lottery and asked Pentax dealer to exchange lens for FA31.
Like Ron I've had great results. I own the fa 31 also, and it works well but the flexibility of that moderate zoom is surprising.

---------- Post added 09-22-18 at 08:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The list of scheduled press conferences on Photokina Media Preview Day (Tuesday 25 September) can be found here. There is no press conference scheduled for Ricoh Imaging.

Any communication will therefore be handled directly by Ricoh Imaging Japan. By the way, remember that Ricoh Imaging Europe are headquartered in France, not in Germany any more.

This means the most probable slot for any announcement will be on Monday at 22:00 UTC (Tuesday morning in Japan; JST = UTC + 9).
Well that's a kick in the gut. I hate hearing this.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 09-22-2018 at 05:31 AM.
09-22-2018, 06:10 AM   #1615
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
(...)

Well that's a kick in the gut. I hate hearing this.
Why do you hate hearing that the most probable slot for any Ricoh Imaging announcement would be on Monday the 24th at 22:00 UTC i.e. 18:00 EDT?
09-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #1616
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Why do you hate hearing that the most probable slot for any Ricoh Imaging announcement would be on Monday the 24th at 22:00 UTC i.e. 18:00 EDT?
I'm also puzzled by this strong anticipation for anything being announced. Come on, nothing earth shattering is going to happen. No new ready to use DSLR, maybe some concepts or advanced prototypes, same for lenses. And most likely some updates to the GR line. Probably APS-C with 24mpix, maybe some skilful sensor options, while I would not count on IBIS, it's borderline for the extremely weight and size sensitive concept of this camera.
If anything groundbreaking would be ready to present a lot of people would already have test specimen and also Adam would be writing already at a first press release with hands on, naturally under NDA, but for sure not without the slightest note here.
Relax, that can be my only advice.
09-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #1617
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Come on, nothing earth shattering is going to happen.
Wow in #1616 we finally get some perspective on life.
09-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #1618
Veteran Member

I'm also puzzled by this strong anticipation for anything being announced. Come on, nothing earth shattering is going to happen. No new ready to use DSLR, maybe some concepts or advanced prototypes, same for lenses. And most likely some updates to the GR line. Probably APS-C with 24mpix, maybe some skilful sensor options, while I would not count on IBIS, it's borderline for the extremely weight and size sensitive concept of this camera.
If anything groundbreaking would be ready to present a lot of people would already have test specimen and also Adam would be writing already at a first press release with hands on, naturally under NDA, but for sure not without the slightest note here.
Andrea K’s list above might well be what Ricoh have “in the cupboard” at various stages of development, and they may be talking about those things to their customers behind closed doors. But I doubt they would go public with anything that isn’t far advanced enough to be presentable (like a fully mocked-up lens), have full specs and a launch date in view even if only “summer 2019”, perhaps even be the finished article bar final firmware. Otherwise things can just look confusing and messy and too vague to make sense. They’re not going to do that (nor would anyone else).
09-22-2018, 06:42 AM   #1619
Pentaxian

Main thing is that people are getting nervous because of lack of "APS Flagship" - retail stock is getting very very low, so there is a real desire for a reassurance that there really is something beyond the next hill.
09-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #1620
ogl
Banned

Where are the leaks about GRIII?
Closed Thread