Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2018, 08:01 AM   #1786
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Suggestion for a next thread:

Photo Plus Expo, Ricoh have confirmed their confirmation

Photo Plus Expo | Photography Tradeshow for Pro Photographers
Salon de la photo, Ricoh still has the plan to go true with the pre-announcement at Photokina that was confirmed at Photo Plus Expo

Salon de la photo

09-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #1787
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Salon de la photo, Ricoh still has the plan to go true with the pre-announcement at Photokina that was confirmed at Photo Plus Expo

Salon de la photo
It would be funny if it wasnt sad.

Just compare this:

Fujifilm announced development of 100 MPx medium format mirrorless camera.
Panasonic announced development of two brand new fullframe mirrorless cameras.
Ricoh announced development of new generation of APSC compact.
09-25-2018, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #1788
Veteran Member

It comes to something when the only thing Pentax users have to get excited about is a Irix 150mm macro lens.

Quite looking forward to seeing if it's a replacement for my Sigma 180mm f/3.5 macro.
09-25-2018, 08:45 AM - 4 Likes   #1789
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Don't downgrade it

QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Well you were right, they announced "somethihg", so you are free to go. However it is no camera, no lens, just a promise they will bring the GR next year. How typical for Ricoh in last years: later, next spring, someday... though it would bee too little and too late if it was today.
It's an announcement. Final form factor and specs are in place. Check out my press release, its slated for early 2019, and to me that sounds better than "Spring" others are reporting. Ricoh wouldn't announce something they didn't intend to release. Just like the K1 etc.

There are already working copies in photographer's hands.

Lets just keep it real please.

Carl

09-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #1790
Pentaxian

'Spring 2019' comes from the announcement on the Japanese website:

ハイエンドコンパクトデジタルカメラ「RICOH GR III」を開発|RICOH IMAGING

QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging:
発売時期
2019年春(予定)
Translation:

Release date
Spring 2019 (as scheduled)
09-25-2018, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #1791
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Personally, now that I really think about it, I think its better for Ricoh to not announce anything Pentax this PK. There is way too much talk of new mirrorless this and that, and any release they do for Pentax is going to end up in the flooded river of announcements made this historic Photokina. That, or they should be last to announce, to give all the other announcements time to settle a bit.

Guess we'll see whats up in the next few months. Agonizing wait for Pentax folks I know. I was hoping for more too, but companies have to do the best with what they have. I await Adams interview with Ricoh, to see if anything new comes up .
09-25-2018, 08:51 AM   #1792
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Ricoh wouldn't announce something they didn't intend to release.
Pentax Q macro lens springs to mind, closely followed by mechanical SR in video for K-1

09-25-2018, 08:53 AM   #1793
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I won't argue

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Pentax Q macro lens springs to mind, closely followed by mechanical SR in video for K-1
Those aren't cameras Mike.

The GR is coming in early 2019.

"The RICOH GR III will be available in early 2019 at Home - Ricoh and retail outlets nationwide"
09-25-2018, 09:21 AM   #1794
Veteran Member

Those aren't cameras Mike.
Had you said cameras I would have agreed, however you didn't ... you specifically said "Ricoh wouldn't announce something they didn't intend to release."
09-25-2018, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #1795
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally, now that I really think about it, I think its better for Ricoh to not announce anything Pentax this PK. There is way too much talk of new mirrorless this and that, and any release they do for Pentax is going to end up in the flooded river of announcements made this historic Photokina. That, or they should be last to announce, to give all the other announcements time to settle a bit.

Guess we'll see whats up in the next few months. Agonizing wait for Pentax folks I know. I was hoping for more too, but companies have to do the best with what they have. I await Adams interview with Ricoh, to see if anything new comes up .
That's been my theory for a month or so, the K-3 replacment announcement will come around CP+2019!
09-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #1796
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fair enough

Had you said cameras I would have agreed, however you didn't ... you specifically said "Ricoh wouldn't announce something they didn't intend to release."
You win.
09-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #1797
Veteran Member

You win.
Ah well, that's made my Photokina then ... thanks for that
09-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #1798
Pentaxian

It would be funny if it wasnt sad.

Just compare this:

Fujifilm announced development of 100 MPx medium format mirrorless camera.
Panasonic announced development of two brand new fullframe mirrorless cameras.
Ricoh announced development of new generation of APSC compact.
Just a question: are you in the process of aquiring any of these items?
09-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #1799
Pentaxian

Well you were right, they announced "somethihg", so you are free to go. However it is no camera, no lens, just a promise they will bring the GR next year. How typical for Ricoh in last years: later, next spring, someday... though it would bee too little and too late if it was today.
Nikon basically did the same kind of thing several months ago when they announced announcement of the Z6 and Z7.
09-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #1800
Pentaxian

So I'm presuming "IF" we do get a K3-II replacement announcement next year then it will just be a confirmation that they are hoping to have it out sometime in 2020?

I know there are limited resources and I know Pentax are only a small player in the market now but it pains me to say it, ... they really aren't doing themselves any favours and by the time they get a new camera out they will have a much smaller user base than it is now.
This was a very unusual announcement - that was evident when it didn't occur at 7am JST, but instead happened much later in the day {during sleep-time here in the Western Hemisphere}. The normal procedure is for them to announce a camera for almost instant release - so if they announce a camera on Feb 2, 2019, I would expect it to be on dealer shelves by February 28, 2019.
Closed Thread