Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1138 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #1876

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Buy a coffee mug.

Fan products
The coffee mugs are completed and ready to purchase, the future looks brighter already.

09-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #1877
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
How much do I have to buy to be allowed to present my opinion? Since I became a Pentaxian 7 years ago I bought 3 cameras (all new) and 13 lenses (12 new, only 1 legacy lens), not mentioning other accesories and spent thousands of euros. But now there is nothing I can or want to buy, since I am not interested in older lenses and the new donīt come. The same with the camera, I am not interested in buying a lower positioned camera when I had the flagship APSC and the new flagship APSC is still not comming. So how should I support Pentax by buying products when there is nothing to buy?

Sounds like you are doing your part. I hear the K-1ii is an excellent camera
09-26-2018, 08:25 AM - 3 Likes   #1878
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
It might be a good idea to close this thread because too much truth is coming out and most people do not like the truth
OK whats the truth? The truth is you are frustrated that Pentax hasn't catered to your wants and you complain about it. For some reason you made up your mind that PhotoKina was where they would announce a new high spec APS-C camera. I doubt if Ricoh/Pentax is going to do what you want them to do rather they will work at their own pace to get a great high spec APS-C camera to market as soon as they can. They have no reason to delay anything. Now, they could be a bit more forthcoming regarding what they are doing with ongoing projects but thats not how they operate.
09-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #1879

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
OK whats the truth? The truth is you are frustrated that Pentax hasn't catered to your wants and you complain about it. For some reason you made up your mind that PhotoKina was where they would announce a new high spec APS-C camera. I doubt if Ricoh/Pentax is going to do what you want them to do rather they will work at their own pace to get a great high spec APS-C camera to market as soon as they can. They have no reason to delay anything. Now, they could be a bit more forthcoming regarding what they are doing with ongoing projects but thats not how they operate.
You have read the truth and apparently it bothered you enough to give a response... read more posts than just mine, it isn't just my wants, there are others in the same boat. You must be one of the "CORE" users I read about on the forum that don't seem to mind settling for less... then that is your problem. I have spent several thousand dollars since buying into pentax in 2007 and you seem to think it's wrong to expect a company to innovate and move forward?

You are free to settle for less, let's hope that state of mind is only with the cameras you use

09-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #1880
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Iudex

QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
If this was true, Ricoh wouldnīt announce the introduction in Spring 2019 (and yes, the materials said "spring"), which is half a year, a loooong time in photo industry and basically half of a life-cycle of many cameras. If the development was "close to production" and "already being tested by photographers", the announcement would be in 1-2 months, not 6.
But anyhow I appreciate your optimism, if everyone was as sceptical (I say realistic) as me, Pentax would be dead already. And Pentax needs believers willing to wait.

---------- Post added 09-26-18 at 08:47 AM ----------

Medium format digital SLR for example. Letīs give credit where itīs due.
Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Near production to me means they have lots of fine tweaks to firmware and such internally that only testing and such bore out, but that its already a working camera and not a mock up. So it is true. It's not spring 2019, its early 2019, and that is not a long ways away at all. The japanese translation of the press release is incorrect.
09-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #1881
Veteran Member

So maybe Ricoh just follows a different path.

Instead of presenting half-baked products like this mirrorless crowd, or doing annoucements, they only have a small booth because they are really working on big things to be presented next year? Dont waste resources here at Photokina. Anyway, only CaNiFuPaSo get attention.

Maybe they are not so tight on resources as we think and they are working of a K-3 successor and a mind-blowing 645 update and on several lenses to celebrate Asahi's 100th? And then, many people will gasp.

Who knows what makes Ricoh tick in terms of Pentax.
09-26-2018, 08:52 AM - 2 Likes   #1882
Pentaxian

These threads are always good honeypots for precise boriscletoing.

09-26-2018, 08:58 AM   #1883
Pentaxian

You have read the truth and apparently it bothered you enough to give a response... read more posts than just mine, it isn't just my wants, there are others in the same boat. You must be one of the "CORE" users I read about on the forum that don't seem to mind settling for less... then that is your problem. I have spent several thousand dollars since buying into pentax in 2007 and you seem to think it's wrong to expect a company to innovate and move forward?

You are free to settle for less, let's hope that state of mind is only with the cameras you use
Nice, and you think that the way to convince a company about your demands is to mock any announcement that does not fit your bill? To insult people who don't want to follow your tirade? Why do you think this could help your case? It puzzles me for a long time: why on earth would anyone think that cynic, sarcastic and offensive comments in a private public forum with no whatsoever connection to the manufacturer of the equipment discussed would in any way influence a company in Japan?
09-26-2018, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #1884
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Near production to me means they have lots of fine tweaks to firmware and such internally that only testing and such bore out, but that its already a working camera and not a mock up. So it is true. It's not spring 2019, its early 2019, and that is not a long ways away at all. The japanese translation of the press release is incorrect.
So here is the thing. You ask to trust you and know it is not coming in spring 2019, but before.

Japanese calendar - Wikipedia
So spring is from februari 5th to may 6th.

And then....

CP+2019 CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW 2019
CP+ is from februari 28th to march 3th.

I have seen this before. People who claim to know things. Maybe even have a trusted source. But hardly understand how things in reality may be.

The chance for the GRIII coming before february 5th is near zero. Maybe it will be ready, but it will be presented at CP+. So maybe it will go on sale a fortnight before CP+ so Ricoh fans can go and walk with it on the Yokohama show. Or it will be on sale shortly after it, with a date set at the show.
09-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #1885
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RJDavis-OK Quote
Sounds like you are doing your part. I hear the K-1ii is an excellent camera
No doubt about the K-1. But I donīt want to carry such a big camera and huge lenses, I appreciated Pentax for making relatively small DSLRs and small dedicated APSC lenses. The current direction of producing big heavy FF glass is the exact opposite I want. I would say "more APSC limiteds please", but I already abandoned ship.

---------- Post added 09-26-18 at 06:08 PM ----------

So spring is from februari 5th to may 6th.And then....CP+2019 CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW 2019CP+ is from februari 28th to march 3th.
I see it just as you do. I bet my favourite lens that the GR III wont come before CP+, so end of February at the earliest. We can argue whether February is already Spring or it is the beginning of the year, this changes nothing. February is far away and the camera that is "almost ready" would be introduced much earlier. Which wont happen.
09-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #1886

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Nice, and you think that the way to convince a company about your demands is to mock any announcement that does not fit your bill? To insult people who don't want to follow your tirade? Why do you think this could help your case? It puzzles me for a long time: why on earth would anyone think that cynic, sarcastic and offensive comments in a private public forum with no whatsoever connection to the manufacturer of the equipment discussed would in any way influence a company in Japan?
I'm not trying to influence a company in Japan to do anything, I'm simply stating what I prefer and it did not happen and I'm a little disappointed by it. I can choose to "mock" anything I please, the fact that you don't like it is not my concern.

As I stated in an earlier post, if you do not like my opinion you can simply pass it by.

To the person I responded to with cynic, sarcastic and offensive comments to, I'm sure he is more than capable to responding to said comments all by himself.

Who are you? the school bully that takes up for others? Wanna beat me up at the bike racks?
09-26-2018, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #1887
Pentaxian

I'm not trying to influence a company in Japan to do anything, I'm simply stating what I prefer and it did not happen and I'm a little disappointed by it. I can choose to "mock" anything I please, the fact that you don't like it is not my concern.

As I stated in an earlier post, if you do not like my opinion you can simply pass it by.

To the person I responded to with cynic, sarcastic and offensive comments to, I'm sure he is more than capable to responding to said comments all by himself.

Who are you? the school bully that takes up for others? Wanna beat me up at the bike racks?
Haha, sure. Send me a place and a time. Maybe someone with a Theta wants to do a livestraem

Anyhow, I just found a nice button in the forum functions. As someone said before, these threads are honeypots for these lists.

And ciao.
09-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #1888
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ron

So here is the thing. You ask to trust you and know it is not coming in spring 2019, but before.

Japanese calendar - Wikipedia
So spring is from februari 5th to may 6th.

And then....

CP+2019 CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW 2019
CP+ is from februari 28th to march 3th.

I have seen this before. People who claim to know things. Maybe even have a trusted source. But hardly understand how things in reality may be.

The chance for the GRIII coming before february 5th is near zero. Maybe it will be ready, but it will be presented at CP+. So maybe it will go on sale a fortnight before CP+ so Ricoh fans can go and walk with it on the Yokohama show. Or it will be on sale shortly after it, with a date set at the show.
I'm not so sure what you are hung up on, but man I can't seem to get on your good graces no matter what. Why split hairs so much on everything I say?

Ill clarify again, to you, and then that's pretty much it for me .

Press releases for the EU and US, and now pretty much all the others out there that are reporting, are all saying "early 2019". that is not spring, its early 2019.

Whether it falls into Japans spring or not remains to be see, but in the USA and EU spring starts later in 2019.

Carl
09-26-2018, 09:42 AM - 2 Likes   #1889

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I do feel that I owe you an apology sir,

I let my rant go way farther than I had intended, what I said to you was wrong and non productive.

I am truly sorry for replying to you the way I did.
09-26-2018, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #1890
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do feel that I owe you an apology sir,

I let my rant go way farther than I had intended, what I said to you was wrong and non productive.

I am truly sorry for replying to you the way I did.
Apology accepted. I understand your frustration and I'm frustrated also, we just take different paths to relieve our frustration. I try to shoot a lot more these days and that relieves my frustration.....except when I totally screw up a photo....., the K-3 is still one hell of a camera.
Closed Thread