Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 352 Likes Search this Thread
09-02-2018, 10:06 AM - 1 Like   #31
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I know..1Dx mark II would be the perfect choice..But since im paying for my own camera houses this time, it would be waaaay too much..lol! Thats why Mark iv will do the job
Whatever system you use, I’m sure the results will be excellent. Don’t be a stranger here. Thanks again for your input the last 2+ years.

09-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Thanks for the explanation!

Can you elaborate on this? It's something I hadn't heard before.
with the fps, its too slow on both cameras..cant tell the difference. But buffer seems slower on K-1ii and that is the wrong way for me. If I shoot 2-3 pics, wait a second..shoot 2-3 more..its around the absolute limit of what it can handle before stopping up totally and buffer..Even when I try to switch between my 2 cameras, it doesn't help..So have been standing in front of people like Rob Halford and look stupid because I cant take pics when he looks at me

QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
Ken, please tell Tamron that we want the SP line and tap-in for Pentax too;] I would go for 35/85 f1.8 the same day they hit the store shelves for Pentax mount...
Hehe..dont have your hopes too high!

---------- Post added 09-02-18 at 07:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Whatever system you use, I’m sure the results will be excellent. Don’t be a stranger here. Thanks again for your input the last 2+ years.
I like you all too much to stay away
09-02-2018, 11:16 AM - 3 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

The slow buffer clearing was the first negative thing I've noticed on the K-1. It took me a moment to realize why the camera suddenly was refusing to take pictures...
Definitely a "must solve" for the next model.
09-02-2018, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well Kesspo, Thanks for your time as a Pentax ambassador. Good luck in your new endeavors with Tamron. I totally understand your frustrations with the K1/K1-II frame rate and the long write times while the buffer clears. As a pro you need the tools that will help you get the job done and Pentax is clearly not the camera system that you need. Stay in touch here, and if you ever find yourself in western New York State, beverages and dinner on me.

09-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well Kesspo, Thanks for your time as a Pentax ambassador. Good luck in your new endeavors with Tamron. I totally understand your frustrations with the K1/K1-II frame rate and the long write times while the buffer clears. As a pro you need the tools that will help you get the job done and Pentax is clearly not the camera system that you need. Stay in touch here, and if you ever find yourself in western New York State, beverages and dinner on me.
I will second that, If you end up in central Coastal Maine, I will have the chef make you a lobster or three. or a Ribeye if you are like me and don't care for Lobster.
09-02-2018, 12:00 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Veteran Member

@Kunzite yes, no doubt..I really do hope they adress this. I want Pentax to success in the marked!

@gaweidert I love to travel to USA, so dont be surprised if I take you up on that!

@SSGeezer Same for you..Dont be surprised if I take you up on that!
09-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@kenspo - similar offer from North Carolina. I live the Charlotte area - so if you are ever here or want to take a long layover during air travel (we are a hub for American Airlines) let me know.

09-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
@kenspo - similar offer from North Carolina. I live the Charlotte area - so if you are ever here or want to take a long layover during air travel (we are a hub for American Airlines) let me know.
Thank you very much! I travel a lot, so suddenly im there Used AA 4-5 times just this summer!
09-02-2018, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Definitely a "must solve" for the next model.
They had the chance to solve this issue with the K1ii model, it was a MOST to fix.. and they did not.. the thing is when will the next model come? 1, 2, 3 years? will it have the same slow buffer? at this time nobody knows.. and on the other hand why will a pro user wait for Pentax to fix the issue who knows when, if they can get a system today, that doesnt have this issue?? that's the big frustration thing that many Pentaxias have when they need this features.. ofcourse if you shoot landscape, normal portraits, or things where the buffer is not important this issue will not matter at all.. but for others it's a huge deal.. having a camera locked because is buffering when the bride and groom are kissing at the ceremony for the fist time is not funny at all..
09-02-2018, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The wonderful Kenneth Sporsheim was being sponsored by the Scandinavian distributor for Pentax, but has now accepted a deal with Tamron. The nature of his job will mean he will probably have to use Canon from now on rather than back to Nikon, but as he reported in the Facebook group:
"Some of you already know, but just want to say thank you to everyone of you!
After close to 5 years as an ambassador for an amazing bunch of pentaxians, its time for me to move on. Its not a secret that I've been a hired gun.
It is NOT because Pentax is doomed or something like that! It is a total package over whats best for me and my development. This is what I do for a living. There is some minor things that have made me frustrated at times, but let there be no doubt; Pentax make amazing stuff. And they will continue to do so
Best thing with my time as your ambassador, is that I've got to know so many wonderful people. And I hope we can continue to stay in touch regardless of me moving on.
You are in the best of hands with Ole Henrik Skjelstad, Mike Muizebelt etc.
So thank you everyone of you "
Best of luck to our favourite Nordic rock photographer, I'm chugging a tin of lutefisk in your honour.
A class act!!
09-02-2018, 11:49 PM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
They had the chance to solve this issue with the K1ii model, it was a MOST to fix.. and they did not..
This is not the place to discuss such things, but I'll say this - it's not fixable without a new model. one using a different PRIME processor. And we'd get to a cascade of changes incompatible with the idea of a mid life refresh (which the K-1 II is).
But this was discussed before, wasn't it?
09-03-2018, 06:37 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
This is not the place to discuss such things, but I'll say this -
you are right.. let's not mess the field with the K1ii thing... but it just shows one more time that because of this issue great photographers like Kenspo are leaving the brand, even when they had all the latest equipment.. that is sad.
09-03-2018, 07:39 PM - 3 Likes   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
you are right.. let's not mess the field with the K1ii thing... but it just shows one more time that because of this issue great photographers like Kenspo are leaving the brand, even when they had all the latest equipment.. that is sad.
Is it? I don't think Pentax was ever marketing the K-1 as an action camera. It was more of a landscape camera from the start. Yes the buffer empties slowly - yes that didn't work for Kenspo - but that isn't a failure of design or execution - it just underscores that the current full frame is not a do everything body. It excels in a few places and needs improvement elsewhere to be that do everything that people want it to be.

Now that the raffles are over I'm back to waiting to see what comes from Photokina. I'm very interested in the next gen of the K-3 lineup.
09-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is it? I don't think Pentax was ever marketing the K-1 as an action camera. It was more of a landscape camera from the start. Yes the buffer empties slowly - yes that didn't work for Kenspo - but that isn't a failure of design or execution - it just underscores that the current full frame is not a do everything body. It excels in a few places and needs improvement elsewhere to be that do everything that people want it to be.
But if people are leaving Pentax, then it could be a failure of strategy or execution?

Given that Pentax was several years behind other manufacturers in selling a FF DSLR, it makes sense that they are a bit behind the other manufacturers with their frame rate and buffer clearing speed. Some people understand this and can wait for something faster (if it will benefit them), some people can't.
09-04-2018, 07:26 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Only if Tamron decides to make lenses for the Z-mount (and they probably will).
Not until Nikon decides to share/sell the rights to their patented Z mount. I don't think this will be done untill there's a considerable amount of Nikkor lenses for this system available, if ever.
On an amusing side note, I'd like to see what happens, or how Sony reacts if Zeiss ever decides to make Z mount lenses.