Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 352 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2018, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Clackers is either brave or crazy. Lutefisk.
I wouldn't mind trying it. Has anyone had it who can share their experience? I also wonder how different it is from the fermented or pickled (sorry if I'm mistaken) duck embryos that are eaten in the Philippines.
A friend of mine is currently in Norway and did try it, but he wouldn't stop swearing. I guess it tastes horribly, but I'm keen on trying weird things and have a taste for bitter foods. I've tried a few sorts of bugs, too. In tact, here in Colombia in two northern regions there's a delicacy called "hormiga culona" (which loosely translates fat bottom or big ass ant). I guess Timon and Pumbaa have been too big of an influence, lol. And eating the agave maggot at the end of a bottle of mezcal is always fun because of people's various reactions.

09-04-2018, 08:01 AM   #47
Veteran Member

@kenspo can I make you a similar offer if you ever come to Medellín, Colombia?
I know it's a bit tropical for a northern guy like you XD. In the mean time listen to some local metal:

09-04-2018, 08:43 AM - 3 Likes   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have images in my mind that sort fo come to mind when I think of every camera. The library shot with the D800, a noiseless Mecedez shot under a street light for the 645z at 6400 ISO. The image that comes to mind for the K-1 is a kenspo concert image. I will never take , nor am I interested in talking that shot or one like it, but, it's the image that for me defined the camera. The two of them will always be linked in my mind.
09-04-2018, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Boogie on, kenspo. May all your lenses be large by huge and overly corrected.

09-04-2018, 08:59 AM - 2 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
And ridiculously overpriced.

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 12:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The wonderful Kenneth Sporsheim was being sponsored by the Scandinavian distributor for Pentax,
Scandinavia has their own distributor?
When does Canada get theirs?
Oh right , we're just Americans. People who've never been to the country and never even think about it are our distributors.

As far as I can tell, the marketing share of Pentax sales in Canada just go to Colorado, never to be seen again.

Last edited by normhead; 09-04-2018 at 09:13 AM.
09-04-2018, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
As far as I can tell, the marketing share of Pentax sales in Canada just go to Colorado, never to be seen again.
Pentax (Ricoh) has marketing? Why didn't I know this????
09-04-2018, 11:02 AM - 2 Likes   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Pentax (Ricoh) has marketing? Why didn't I know this????
They eliminate anyone who finds out about it. If I disappear from the forum tomorrow you'll know what happened. Ricoh assassins got me.

09-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by torashi Quote
@kenspo can I make you a similar offer if you ever come to Medellín, Colombia?
I know it's a bit tropical for a northern guy like you XD. In the mean time listen to some local metal
Colombia is on my to do list

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Good thing I dont have to pay for them then

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 08:30 PM ----------

Focus Nordic. Have Pentax for the nordic countries, baltic countries and Poland (or soon).

They also have Tamron, Sirui, Hähnel, Lowepro + + +
09-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I'm serious for a moment, there seems to be some great lenses in Tamron's line-up, and I hope that you can take the shots you want with them. I've enjoyed having you spend time here with us on this forum and appreciated your patience with the comments sent your way.
09-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Colombia is on my to do list

Good thing I dont have to pay for them then

---------- Post added 09-04-18 at 08:30 PM ----------

Focus Nordic. Have Pentax for the nordic countries, baltic countries and Poland (or soon).

They also have Tamron, Sirui, Hähnel, Lowepro + + +
Poland Pentax market is under rule of local subdivision od Ricoh. Not really any signs of ongoing changes to Focus Nordic or personal changes within RicohPL. Before Ricoh Poland, for years there was sole distribution provider called Apollo Electronics, they went out of business after Ricoh took over Pentax in late 2016.
09-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by torashi Quote
Not until Nikon decides to share/sell the rights to their patented Z mount. I don't think this will be done untill there's a considerable amount of Nikkor lenses for this system available, if ever.
On an amusing side note, I'd like to see what happens, or how Sony reacts if Zeiss ever decides to make Z mount lenses.
If that’s the case, then I suppose Nikon must be happier just selling their converter than selling the rights to the Z-mount, so people can use new F-mount Tamrons, rather than Nikon’s new (and presumably more expensive) Z-mount lenses. Sigma will just reverse engineer the Z-mount, of course.
09-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #57
Pentaxian

Cool. I have no idea who this guy is. I recognize more names from the Forum Members.
09-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thazooo Quote
Cool. I have no idea who this guy is.
It might help to read the thread or at least the opening post.
09-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thazooo Quote
Cool. I have no idea who this guy is. I recognize more names from the Forum Members.
Which guy? Without using "Quote" it is difficult to know the context of your comments, and they certainly don't stand alone.
09-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #60
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
When does Canada get theirs?
Oh right , we're just Americans. People who've never been to the country and never even think about it are our distributors.

It could be that Denmark or Sweden get better service than Finland or Lithuania, of course, despite the same company being involved.

I saw in the NZ forum that there were complaints about their locally owned importer, and a suggestion that the Australian distributor take over the contract.

There's so little money to be made selling Pentax cameras in our markets that there may be something to that. The Australian company is large and diversified enough, because they're also the Sigma, Tokina and Leica distributor, and do surveying equipment as well as cameras.