Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 352 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2018, 01:01 AM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I fully agree - and not only that, but it means completely replacing the K-1 (as opposed to a mild update) 2 years after release. Not even Sony would do that.
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well getting that sensor would not be enough. Then Pentax needs a faster processor, deeper buffer, faster pipeline to get the file to the SD card, getting faster writing to the card........that are a lot of changes and you would see that back in the price for the camera.
Problem with Pentax is, they look like if their CEO asked than to do a soft landing of the camera division: less and less new products, and changes getting smaller and smaller. That's probably also the background reason why Kenspo moved: couldn't afford to wait a few years to eventually (maybe...maybe not) get something better in the end, in that case, you don't wait, you switch.

09-06-2018, 01:20 AM - 2 Likes   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Problem with Pentax is, they look like if their CEO asked than to do a soft landing of the camera division: less and less new products, and changes getting smaller and smaller. That's probably also the background reason why Kenspo moved: couldn't afford to wait a few years to eventually (maybe...maybe not) get something better in the end, in that case, you don't wait, you switch.
Oh, so PentaxIsDoomed?
Once a decision to exit the (ILC) consumer camera market was taken, it makes no sense to continue launching lenses like the D FA* 50mm f/1.4.
Look at what Samsung did: they stopped all planned products, stopped all communication and exited quietly. That 300mm which was about ready to market? They haven't made it.

You're also basically accusing Kenspo of lying, as he said - let me quote him:
"It is NOT because Pentax is doomed or something like that! It is a total package over whats best for me and my development. This is what I do for a living. There is some minor things that have made me frustrated at times, but let there be no doubt; Pentax make amazing stuff. And they will continue to do so "
So you might want to rethink that
09-06-2018, 02:21 AM - 3 Likes   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, so PentaxIsDoomed?
We are all doomed! Nothing lasts forever.

I want it now, I want it now
Not the promises of what tomorrow brings
I need to live in dreams today
I'm tired of the song that sorrow sings

And I want more than I can get
Just trying to, trying to, trying to forget

Nothing ever lasts forever
09-06-2018, 02:32 AM   #109
Pentaxian

You're also basically accusing Kenspo
Not at all, he made a different choice, that's it. Then you can play with words and write poetry. But the fact is, he decide to select other equipment, that is the bottom line. IMO, Ricoh execs and investors don't care about poetry, they care about the bottom line. On the other hand, you seem to believe that donkey can fly: not they can't (that's the bottom line).

09-06-2018, 02:57 AM   #110
Pentaxian

Nice try. Except that we know why he decided to go Tamron - because he told us. Your attempt at stretching it all the way to Ricoh execs and investors is not convincing.
And you can't just throw out terms like 'bottom line' expecting us not to know what they mean
09-06-2018, 03:24 AM   #111
Pentaxian

Who said that donkeys can't fly?
Attached Images

09-06-2018, 03:25 AM   #112
Pentaxian

Nice try. Except that we know why he decided to go Tamron - because he told us
Because it's too slow, and the K1 II even same or worse, proving that Ricoh did not spend much effort into the K1 successor. Nothing done for the last two years. Playing with words: they will continue, minolta also continued under Sony , minolta still alive via the A mount, yep! Minolta still exist , they reincarnated under Sony skin. And now, nothing Pentax to announce at Photokina, how good is that?

09-06-2018, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #113
Pentaxian

I see you're just trolling and I won't lose more of my time with you.
09-06-2018, 03:29 AM   #114
Pentaxian

I see you're just trolling and I won't lose more of my time with you.
For me, no new product is not a sign of continuation of Pentax.
09-06-2018, 04:06 AM - 2 Likes   #115
Pentaxian

For me, no new product is not a sign of continuation of Pentax.
Ah, I missed Photokina? Damn it... time flies...
09-06-2018, 04:12 AM   #116
Pentaxian

It's even worse: I was made to believe I bought a new Pentax product (some sort of a 50mm). I must be delusional, in my stubbornness to believe that Pentax is still alive.
Tell me, did they really made the full frame?
09-06-2018, 04:22 AM - 2 Likes   #117
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any further off topic discussions and I'll be forced to close the thread or issue thread bans or warnings or infractions and I would really prefer not to.
Can we all take a deep breath and return to the topic please?
09-06-2018, 04:41 AM - 3 Likes   #118
Veteran Member

If I'm honest I don't know why this thread is even here, if we started a new one every time someone left Pentax the forum would be overun with them.
09-06-2018, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
if we started a new one every time someone left Pentax the forum would be overun with them.
Kenspo wasn't someone who leave Pentax , he was a very special person who made us dream about the bright future of Pentax, and now that he left, we're falling back into darkness.
09-06-2018, 04:53 AM - 2 Likes   #120
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kenspo wasn't someone who leave Pentax , he was a very special person who made us dream about the bright future of Pentax, and now that he left, we're falling back into darkness.
We wish Kenspo well in his future endeavours. We're not in darkness. No more comments like that in this thread please.