Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 352 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2018, 04:57 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We wish Kenspo well in his future endeavours. We're not in darkness. No more comments like that in this thread please.
Perhaps we should rather discuss the lightning fast buffer speed of my K5iis, or rather how I dream about it

09-06-2018, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #122
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Perhaps we should rather discuss the lightning fast buffer speed of my K5iis, or rather how I dream about it
Not in this thread! Start your own!
09-06-2018, 05:20 AM - 2 Likes   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Water Squirrrrrrrrel paddling furiously (well, maybe not) Benzie trail, Frankfort, Michigan. K-3, A-400, manually focused, manually exposed, and manually hiked to site. HH, Cortisone shot for Arthritic thumbs courtesy of local MD.
You can't fool me, that's not a squirrel. You think I'm stupid or something?
09-06-2018, 05:42 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
donkeys can't fly?
Not if they are a horse with wings, does he speak French too?

09-06-2018, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
does he speak French too?
I didn't meet him personally, so I couldn't say.
09-06-2018, 06:59 AM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Kenspo wasn't someone who leave Pentax , he was a very special person who made us dream about the bright future of Pentax, and now that he left, we're falling back into darkness.
He WAS as special person?

Did something terrible happen to him?

He IS a talented photographer (one of many many thousand out there) who has moved on to a different (and I imagine better paying) employer, he's hardly the second coming.

---------- Post added 09-06-2018 at 03:04 PM ----------

Are they giving away another K-1 on here I didn't know about?

It's the only reason I can think of for this thread
09-06-2018, 08:52 AM - 2 Likes   #127
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
It's the only reason I can think of for this thread
The purpose of this thread is to inform those who didn't have access to FaceBook or otherwise know that Kenspro is no longer associated with Pentax - that he is now associated with Tamron.
This is definitely newsworthy.
Sarcastic comments are not appropriate.

09-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The purpose of this thread is to inform those who didn't have access to FaceBook or otherwise know that Kenspro is no longer associated with Pentax - that he is now associated with Tamron.
This is definitely newsworthy.
Sarcastic comments are not appropriate.
LOL

Newsworthy ... that made me laugh.
09-06-2018, 10:17 AM - 2 Likes   #129
Pentaxian

The most serious things I post often end in a torrent of banter and joviality. You go to the serious formal lunch here the keynote speaker makes his point. Afterwards every one stands around with a drink in their hands telling stories and sharing jokes. That's the way life works.
09-06-2018, 11:36 AM - 2 Likes   #130
Pentaxian

LOL

Newsworthy ... that made me laugh.
Then you don't understand the situation.

This not like some basketball player changing which shoes he endorses.
Kenspo was not getting the service he needed from the K-1 {I was unaware he had switched from K-3, which would fit him better}, and his reasons for switching involve issues that affect some people; however, he was a genuinely helpful person, and we will miss his insight - those of us who were aware of them, that is.
09-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #131
Veteran Member

I understand the situation completely, at the end of the day he is basically a gun for hire that worked for Pentax and has now moved to Tamron. Yes he is a talented photographer and yes he had some insight into Pentax but he was rarely allowed to tell us anything and when he did he got slated for it in here a lot of the time. (and to be honest there is very little to tell these days anyway)

The 5DIV he is now using is in a different league to the K-1 (II) in both fps and buffer size but then it's also double the price ... hes not paying for it so good luck to him.

Anyway, I'm off to read more interesting threads ... you can sit in here and commiserate to your hearts content
09-06-2018, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #132
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P[emoji2400:
;4454896]I understand the situation completely, at the end of the day he is basically a gun for hire that worked for Pentax and has now moved to Tamron. Yes he is a talented photographer and yes he had some insight into Pentax but he was rarely allowed to tell us anything and when he did he got slated for it in here a lot of the time. (and to be honest there is very little to tell these days anyway)

The 5DIV he is now using is in a different league to the K-1 (II) in both fps and buffer size but then it's also double the price ... hes not paying for it so good luck to him.

Anyway, I'm off to read more interesting threads ... you can sit in here and commiserate to your hearts content
He is paying for the camera.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/374831-kenspo-moves-post4449417.html

09-06-2018, 12:15 PM - 2 Likes   #133
Pentaxian

I understand the situation completely, at the end of the day he is basically a gun for hire that worked for Pentax and has now moved to Tamron.
He receives his paycheck from a publisher - at the end of the day he is a professional photographer, who also serves as an 'ambassador" - someone who receives 'goodies' and is expected to share his experience and what he hears with other users of the same things. His employers remains the same, but he now is "ambassador" for Tamron instead of for Pentax, so we will have one fewer visitor who might hear something there. He has been a friend, and we will miss him,
09-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #134
Pentaxian

He has been, and always shall be, our friend.
09-06-2018, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #135

It's been great having you around Kenspo, and I'm happy to hear that you won't be a stranger!

I share some of your concerns, but I am excited for what comes next with Pentax, and the way these years are flying by, I'm not too bothered if it takes a little time. All the best to you from the midwest US!