Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #151
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It's not what I verified with my K1 (I just verified, I change the file format and saved it for my USER2 mode, switched off the K1, switched on the K1 again, verified the format of USER2 has been saved, then switched to USER1 and verified that the format is not the same as the format programmed in USER2, so I can guarantee you that the file format changes per USER mode.
Sorry, not the file format but the SD cards configuration...

09-07-2018, 07:50 AM   #152
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Sorry, not the file format but the SD cards configuration...
There is not need to set SD mode unless it was primarily set to write JPEG or RAW files in parallel to both SD1 and SD2. When SD write mode is set for RAW+ by default, the SD card write mode changes automatically to SD1 only when JPEG is selected.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-07-2018 at 07:56 AM.
09-07-2018, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #153
Pentaxian

I wanted to add that all Pentax I dealt with (Q, KP) offered to save the last image in the memory additionally as a raw by pressing OK in the view mode (IIRC). This might be a welcome addition to this setting if some individual images are taken inbetween an one wants to add some raws without changing anything (and forgetting to put it back).
09-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #154

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I wanted to add that all Pentax I dealt with (Q, KP) offered to save the last image in the memory additionally as a raw by pressing OK in the view mode (IIRC). This might be a welcome addition to this setting if some individual images are taken inbetween an one wants to add some raws without changing anything (and forgetting to put it back).
That's a really good thought! I've seen it before - much like how you can change white-balance and save the most recent image. It wouldn't always be useful with the RAW, if you're in a busy shoot, but for a casual shoot if you get an awesome image it'd be very nice to get the RAW file if desired that way!

Of course I always shoot RAW to both cards, but I'm considering mixing it up to try and limit my buffer woes.

09-09-2018, 01:27 AM - 3 Likes   #155

Dear Kenspo,
I can understand your decision. But by loving Pentax, perhaps YOU could have the chance to be the one to convince Tamron to produce K-mount lenses again???
09-09-2018, 03:41 AM   #156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Nah..something is coming, but wouldn't hold my breath for something groundbreaking (really dont know all details, since I've not paid much attention lately).
Like they would tell you if they had something groundbreaking
09-09-2018, 05:00 AM - 3 Likes   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ritschie Quote
Dear Kenspo,
I can understand your decision. But by loving Pentax, perhaps YOU could have the chance to be the one to convince Tamron to produce K-mount lenses again???
I could always try, but think I first need to build up a mutual respect first

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Like they would tell you if they had something groundbreaking
Hehe..Might be..We'll know soon enough

09-10-2018, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #158
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Maybe for him yes. But for me, I never had request for such things. People who are not into camera tech just look at images, if the images are good, they don't dig further, and... they don't want RAW!
I'm pretty sure that you occasionally, if not frequently, need RAW files in order to properly deal with the LED concert lighting, independent of what file format the customer might want.
09-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #159
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I'm pretty sure that you occasionally, if not frequently, need RAW files in order to properly deal with the LED concert lighting, independent of what file format the customer might want.
As I wrote, I adjust white balance and exposure using test shots before capturing the photographs of interest. Like when shooting with analog film, you would select the right film before shooting, or would you use ISO50 when you need ISO400 and bring up exposure at the development?
09-10-2018, 11:14 PM - 2 Likes   #160
Veteran Member

As I wrote, I adjust white balance and exposure using test shots before capturing the photographs of interest.
Not possible in my line of work..lights and colors changing every 3 second
09-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Not possible in my line of work..lights and colors changing every 3 second
There is something called AWB (there is even the A mode that deals with multiple light sources). If the light changes every 3 seconds , how to do know the white point that changes every 3 seconds for adjusting the WB in post? (other then doing arbitrary color shifts in post).

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-10-2018 at 11:42 PM.
09-10-2018, 11:42 PM - 4 Likes   #162
Veteran Member

I think I know what Im doing hehe
09-11-2018, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #163
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As I wrote, I adjust white balance and exposure using test shots before capturing the photographs of interest. Like when shooting with analog film, you would select the right film before shooting, or would you use ISO50 when you need ISO400 and bring up exposure at the development?
When I photographed a concert from the balcony, I kept the lighting color they provided, because to me that was part of the show ..... but I would never dream of telling a professional how to do his job - not Kenspo, not the roofers who are making much noise in my house by beating on it like a drum.
09-11-2018, 05:02 AM   #164
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
but I would never dream of telling a professional how to do
I am a professional, that's my second job. I already paid back all my Pentax equipment including the hours spent on assignments. I am not an ambassador, so I don't get equipment from manufacturers, I finance the equipment from going on location and photographing, showing portfolio and agreeing on a price and deliverables.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-11-2018 at 05:14 AM.
09-11-2018, 05:14 AM - 1 Like   #165
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am a professional, that's my second job. I already paid back all my Pentax equipment including the hours spent on assignments. I am not an ambassador, so I don't get equipment from manufacturers, I finance the equipment from going on location and photographing.
You make 'ambassador' sound like a four-letter word.
It is not - it is an honor!

Last edited by reh321; 09-11-2018 at 05:20 AM.