Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2020, 03:05 AM - 1 Like   #316
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Very nice to hear from you, and what you have been up to. Hopefully your work hasn't been too impacted by the virus, and you are keeping safe and well.
Thank you for that. Missed talking gear with you guys unfortunately my work got a HEAVY hit..Lost 100% to September so far..But im staying positive and hanging in there

06-12-2020, 04:08 AM   #317
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Hi all!

Just dropped to say hi! Miss you guys, well most of you! haha

Sorry for this long post But I really hope you all are good and staying safe in the state we are in at the moment.
Good to hear from you Kenspo. Good luck on your new journey.
06-12-2020, 04:20 AM   #318
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Good to hear from you Kenspo. Good luck on your new journey.
Thank you mate! And likewise..good to be here again!
06-12-2020, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #319
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its too beautiful and looks good in my office Yes, I know..It works good for you, and I wouldn't switch if I did take same type of photography

---------- Post added 06-12-20 at 11:21 AM ----------

Thank you for the kind words I will for sure pop by a bit more often this time!

It will be exciting to see the new APS-C..I think that will say a lot about the vision for the future. The door to get in to compete with the big ones was very big around the K-1 release..They didn't pull the trigger then. It is still not too late to enter the more serious approach (reaching pros etc), but the door is closing more and more. I think Ricoh can still survive a while on dslr due to the quality..But in the long run, they have to either start thinking new or enter the mirrorless world. They could build further on the GR tech they have..I think just that could be the hallelujah from Ricoh
Nice to hear from you!

I think many thinking warmly about Pentax (even bashers out there) are paying a big attention on what is coming from Pentax. We all know that it is possible to make excellent AF with mirror in camera. Just to look at Canon and Nikon, especially Canons latest and greatest. It might be too much to expect something like that, but looking at that DFA*85 monster, I’m not actually anymore sure if they would not be ready to drop big yen’s for developement of AF, buffer, ...

Anyways stay healthy! At least in Finland as it seems to be in Norway too(poor swedes) it is getting back to normal. Hopefully by September at latest. Seems like you will be able to complete your journey back to Pentax by 2021..

06-12-2020, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #320
Pentaxian

Thanks for stopping by. Was wondering where your journey in gear had taken you and what perspective that would bring. Thank you for sharing.
06-12-2020, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #321
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Always good to hear from you, kenspo. Your practical experience with Pentax gear stands you (with your broader experience with other systems) in good stead here.

I hope your work situation recovers well, and soon.
06-14-2020, 04:05 AM - 2 Likes   #322
Veteran Member

Thank you everyone. You are all too kind

And please stay safe!

06-14-2020, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #323
Pentaxian

Thank you everyone. You are all too kind

And please stay safe!
Same.
And I hope you'll recover quickly from the Covid-induced setback.

Too bad you couldn't stay / they didn't keep you... as Pentax now is making some big steps forward.
06-14-2020, 11:33 PM - 5 Likes   #324
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Too bad you couldn't stay / they didn't keep you... as Pentax now is making some big steps forward.
IF they do the right steps, I've never closed the door
06-15-2020, 02:01 AM - 3 Likes   #325
Pentaxian

IF they do the right steps, I've never closed the door
To give you a taste of what's coming, we're expecting a completely new AF (first in the upcoming APS-C flagship). OoKU said it will have "more than 99" AF points, this is quite a jump.
And I don't think we'll have to wait long until a K-1 replacement with the same improvements appears.

If that would be enough or not, if you would get the equipment and support you need... I cannot say.
But Pentax clearly would benefit from your enthusiasm So would this community.
06-15-2020, 02:06 AM - 1 Like   #326
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
To give you a taste of what's coming, we're expecting a completely new AF (first in the upcoming APS-C flagship). OoKU said it will have "more than 99" AF points, this is quite a jump.
And I don't think we'll have to wait long until a K-1 replacement with the same improvements appears.

If that would be enough or not, if you would get the equipment and support you need... I cannot say.
But Pentax clearly would benefit from your enthusiasm So would this community.
More AF points is always good. I know a dslr cant have as much as a mirrorless..But that is for sure a step in the right direction.

As long as you learn how the AF works on a Pentax, its good enough for most situations..For me its more about fps and buffer. If they work on that department too, they will for sure be punching the big ones hard

And thank you for kind words!!
06-15-2020, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #327
Pentaxian

A fps increase is a given - the K-1's mechanics are good for at least 6.5fps, and it's limited by the sensor (+ accelerator on the K-1 II). Which I expect to change in the next model.
I hope they'll increase the buffer, too. A faster buffer clearing speed is also expected - even the tiny GR III can write at double the K-1's speed.
I try not to raise my expectations unreasonably high, but it's difficult

You're welcome... there is fake enthusiasm (like a certain YouTube reviewer's) and then there's genuine enthusiasm...
06-15-2020, 02:32 AM - 3 Likes   #328
Veteran Member

6.5 fps I could live with. That and a better buffer, We're good to go I would still have my Sony's for video.

Im also excited for the new 85..Im pretty sure that is tack sharp!!!

Even though I was a hired gun, I still have a soft spot for Pentax
06-15-2020, 08:03 AM   #329
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
6.5 fps I could live with. That and a better buffer, We're good to go I would still have my Sony's for video.

Im also excited for the new 85..Im pretty sure that is tack sharp!!!

Even though I was a hired gun, I still have a soft spot for Pentax
Do you shoot “FF” professionally?
06-15-2020, 11:29 PM   #330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Do you shoot “FF” professionally?
Yes But there are for sure some good APS-C cameras out there too. I did almost all my work for over 2 years with K-3 and K-3ii..