Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #136
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Speaking of which - the worst thing Ricoh Imaging could do would be to attempt "saving" the NX system.
The mount is wrong. With effort you can change about anything except for the mount, because that's what defines the system. Yet the NX mount is way too narrow, about the same opening as the m4/3; which would make it the narrowest of the APS-C mounts, and completely inadequate for FF.
(...)
Another drawback of the NX mount: its flange-back distance is too long (25.5mm), making it impossible to adapt lenses in Leica M mount.

09-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #137
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Speaking of which
So how could I have ever thought that you where ranting. ......

---------- Post added 17-09-18 at 23:15 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
?Even if that was true...
Well I'm okay with it that you think that those dinosaurs from Pentax have any clue how this would work....
09-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
If they take something from Samsung it will only be the board and Sensor... but I am sure they will not change the mount.

They love the K-Mount and they just introduced KAF4(55-300 PLM) and
know that their customers love the backwards compatibility of the K-mount and see it as one of the main reasons to not leave the brand.

Hey, I also really hope they keep the camera DSLR-style ...so OVF...
But i also could live with it and have a jolly good time it if it had an EVF...
Yes, the rumor is only about the sensor and processor - with no hint whatsoever about the mount.
However, I've seen Samsung NX fans grasping at straws and "seeing" their system's salvation in basically anything - denying that the NX is dead, making up the NX2, hoping that Nikon or someone else would take over the mount and its issues... I just wanted to make it clear that it can't possibly happen - and why we don't want it to happen.

I expect no mirrorless in the immediate future, but the strengthening of the K-mount (at a not particularly alert rate, I'm afraid). They said at CP+ that the K-mount is their priority; I expect Photokina, and the next CP+, and the next Photokina to reinforce this idea.
09-17-2018, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #139
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So how could I have ever thought that you where ranting. ......

---------- Post added 17-09-18 at 23:15 ----------

Well I'm okay with it that you think that those dinosaurs from Pentax have any clue how this would work....
Look at these interviews with the designers of Theta V. They are all Japanese and all working for parts of Ricoh Japan. I’m afraid I haven’t seen an English version of these interviews.

RICOH*THETA ????????? | RICOH*THETA

If you look at the bottom of each page, you can see a short introduction to the people speaking, including the name of the department they work for. It’s interesting that the same people have worked on the GR, GXR and other Ricoh compacts. It doesn’t say they worked on Pentax models, but the API thing did pass from the Theta to DSLRs, so there must be some connection.

When I look at these interviews and others, particularly on the Theta, it seems clear that Ricoh Imaging can call on talent from other parts of the company when needed. Almost everything Ricoh does is IT related, so they have people in the organization who can support with apps.

Can you tell us where you read that people in California were working on the Theta?

09-17-2018, 05:01 PM - 4 Likes   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This sounds really interesting. As I have written many a time, RIcoh Imaging isn’t a bunch of benighted old men bitterly clinging to their Limiteds and K-mounts. They’re actually a bunch of bright, energetic, creative young engineers thinking about 2023 and beyond. I think we’ll be surprised when the announcements are made.

* Edited for grammar and repetition.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-18-2018 at 06:53 AM.
09-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think we’ll be surprised when the announcements are made.
Hear, hear !!!
09-18-2018, 05:38 AM   #142

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This sounds really interesting. As I written many a time, RIcoh Imaging isn’t a bunch of benighted old men clinging to bitterly clinging to their Limiteds and K-mount. They’re actually a bunch of bright, energetic, creative young engineers thinking about 2023 and beyond. I think we’ll be surprised when the announcements are made.
Dilly, dilly!
09-18-2018, 07:12 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
Very intriguing. There are quite a few people on PF that love their NX1s. I wouldn't mind seeing a Pentax NX2 (mirrorless implication included)
This thread had been unnecessary because 4 years ago ...
If Pentax bought Samsung's camera division for a few dollars, for old friendship, 4 years ago.
Then Pentax had a mirrorless system.
And of course, future deliveries of Samsung sensors.

So why sensors now (for DSLR)?

Ricoh had the chance 4 years ago to start an MILC line a year later besides the DSLR line.
Now maybe Pentax is thinking of a KP MILC, which probably would not sell so much, Fuji already have it.
Perhaps a GR MILC, small as a 4/3 if it has external EVF can work.

09-18-2018, 07:20 AM - 4 Likes   #144
Pentaxian

4 years ago there was no Pentax to buy Samsung's camera division.
4 years ago the NX was a failed system Samsung no longer wanted.
4 years ago Samsung was unwilling to separate and sell their camera division (with assets, personnel and intelectual properties) for a reasonable price, less alone "for a few dollars".

"Easy" solutions imagined on Internet forums don't actually exist.
09-18-2018, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #145
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
If Pentax bought Samsung's camera division for a few dollars, for old friendship, 4 years ago.

Ricoh had the chance 4 years ago to start an MILC line a year later besides the DSLR line.
Now maybe Pentax is thinking of a KP MILC, which probably would not sell so much, Fuji already have it.
Perhaps a GR MILC, small as a 4/3 if it has external EVF can work.
There were no any hints for such scenario. Ricoh had GXR system, by the way...
09-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #146
Pentaxian

Theres some "unofficial confirmation" that the XT3 sensor is in fact a Samsung.

Its early days so still people can doubt i suppose.

The chance that Ricoh are doing business with Samsung(at a discount over $$$ony) must definitely be likely.
09-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #147
Pentaxian

Original Poster
From what I've read, I would say 'speculation' rather than 'unofficial confirmation'.
09-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #148
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I would say 'speculation' rather than 'unofficial confirmation'.
A Fuji rep talking to a Fuji advocate,a touch more than speculation.

A month ago it was speculated to be Samsung, anything is possible but all roads lead to Korea atm.
09-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
If Frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their arse so much either!
09-20-2018, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #150
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
If Frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their arse so much either!
I didn't know that about frogs. What's your source.