Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #76

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
because I want the smaller size and not being able to select an AF point is just childish from any camera manufacturer.
come on, they simply decided to do small and cheap camera for P&S coming to DSLR world.

They just cant do it right for all people, please get a grip.

With amount of complains here I think Pentax should sell DSLR as parts and you would build own camera as PCs.

09-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #77
Veteran Member

But there is still no excuse for it. It probably costs more not to allow selection of an AF point than it does to just allow it.

If you ship the camera with AUTO selected then there is no chanc eit's going to confuse new users.

It's just petty.
09-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #78
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I played with D40 of my friend and changed the AF point and made some photos. Give back and later she run to me with cry "My camera is broken"...

For juniors and woman or P&S users are not significant if they can choose AF points...
Such users don't even know about it...
If AF is really better in low-light, it's more significant...
09-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #79
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But they do not re-charge, that is why LIon makes so much sense.
The set of 4 Energizer AA Lithium costs 7 USD. You can make approx. 1600-1650 images per set. For 42 USD you can make 10 000 images even at winter till -20°C.

I've bought 3 sets of AA Lithium and have no problems with K200D.
I also have Ansmann NiMh 2850 and 2700 - it works good.

I don't understand your problems.

09-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The set of 4 Energizer AA Lithium costs 7 USD. You can make approx. 1600-1650 images per set. For 42 USD you can make 10 000 images even at winter till -20°C.

I've bought 3 sets of AA Lithium and have no problems with K200D.
I also have Ansmann NiMh 2850 and 2700 - it works good.

I don't understand your problems.
They also have a shelf life measured in YEARS without any loss of charge, so having a couple of packs in your bag means you're always good-to-go. I think the AA option is one of Pentax's best features, and I have a friend who feels the same way.
09-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #81
Veteran Member

But there is still no excuse for it. It probably costs more not to allow selection of an AF point than it does to just allow it.

If you ship the camera with AUTO selected then there is no chanc eit's going to confuse new users.

It's just petty.
It obviously not gonna be marketed for advanced users such as you, so it's also quite petty to bash the camera because it's not the pro model you want it to be.
09-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #82
Veteran Member

because I want the smaller size and not being able to select an AF point is just childish from any camera manufacturer.
Then Pentax is not for you. There are other brands and makes that deserve your well-earned money better.

Why people would rather mope and complain instead of being pro-active and go to another manufacturer elsewhere amazes me. It would've been much easier to understand years ago when no entry-level model runs under a thousand dollars, but it's much easier to switch, or even own dual-systems, now.

09-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
But they do not re-charge, that is why LIon makes so much sense.
But this another point, your previous argument has no point. Next one...
09-27-2008, 05:48 AM   #84
Pentaxian

So is your bashing reaction.

Noting better than center point anyway, and this option is indeed selectable in the K-m menu.
09-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #85
Pentaxian

It's just petty.
No, a newbie will get lost with manual point selection. It's a pity you do not realize that. It's a noob camera. That's no camera for you (or for me).
09-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Substitute Quote
Look at the key differences!!!!!
Wider Iso mode for KM, better images/s
70gramms lighter only...
Stop being a pentax basher. Your comments are eye sore.