Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2018, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #211
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
I think I clarified that I wasn't Ricoh. I was very clear that feelings have nothing to do with it.
Rush2112 you clearly brought up feelings. I never said anything about feelings. So you are against better battery life because you personally never had an issue with battery life with any GR?

I have GRII. I can get the battery to last pretty long but I never use the screen. You definitely need 2 batteries all the time but that goes without saying.

09-26-2018, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #212
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Read back Rico

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Rush2112 you clearly brought up feelings. I never said anything about feelings. So you are against better battery life because you personally never had an issue with battery life with any GR?

I have GRII. I can get the battery to last pretty long but I never use the screen. You definitely need 2 batteries all the time but that goes without saying.
Here is what you said: Originally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Dream away, yes. But it will not be that battery
To bad you feel that way Rush2112.

Read more at: Ricoh GR III - Page 14 - PentaxForums.com

Bolded underlined italic for you. My reply was that it had nothing to do with feelings. I'm giving you facts, not feelings Rico .
09-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #213
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

They are working with certain limitations and within the guidelines of their established styling for the GR series. A bigger battery would most definitely mean a larger body. Removing all buttons and going full touch screen would be outside of their design philosophy.

There are cameras that would satisfy people that want all those things (bigger battery, fasterlens, OVF/EVF etc) - the Fuji X100 series, even the XF10. For people that want manual controls and small bodies - GR is still the best.

Also, doesn't touch screen require more powerful cpu and ends up eating more battery?
09-26-2018, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #214
Veteran Member

Here is what you said: Originally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Dream away, yes. But it will not be that battery
To bad you feel that way Rush2112.

Read more at: Ricoh GR III - Page 14 - PentaxForums.com

Bolded underlined italic for you. My reply was that it had nothing to do with feelings. I'm giving you facts, not feelings Rico .
Rush2112 what you are calling facts are just your feelings. Your first response to one of my post's was to declare if I or anyone else needed to know anything about the GRIII to only ask you and the moderators as defacto authorities to what was going to be acceptable.

On the rear LCD screen size the image of the screen on DPR printed to actual size the screen measures 3" by 2" with a diagonal of over 3.5". So it is either my ruler is showing illusionary readings or the spec data released on the screen in the actual GRIII under the plastic case is not accurate.

---------- Post added 09-26-18 at 04:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
They are working with certain limitations and within the guidelines of their established styling for the GR series. A bigger battery would most definitely mean a larger body. Removing all buttons and going full touch screen would be outside of their design philosophy.

There are cameras that would satisfy people that want all those things (bigger battery, fasterlens, OVF/EVF etc) - the Fuji X100 series, even the XF10. For people that want manual controls and small bodies - GR is still the best.

Also, doesn't touch screen require more powerful cpu and ends up eating more battery?
OLED are thinner and use less power than TFT-LCD. An OLED screen further eliminates the need for an OVF/EVF.

09-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #215
Veteran Member

I think I clarified that I wasn't Ricoh. I was very clear that feelings have nothing to do with it.
Well I'll come right out and say, for my part, there are serious feelings at work when I consider and comment herein.
09-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #216
Veteran Member

OLED are thinner and use less power than TFT-LCD. An OLED screen further eliminates the need for an OVF/EVF.
and more expensive, meaning the price would be passed onto us.
09-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #217
Veteran Member

Before making final opinions of its handling. I don't know how many cameras I've reviewed where that one rule is always true 100% of the time.

DPR are great at throwing in subliminal negatives to get people talking.
forgive me but what opinion was I expressing? that the GR was well regarded ergonomically? a touchscreen in that position needing two hands?

i believe i was stating facts and asking questions, not opining

Last edited by illdefined; 09-26-2018 at 03:51 PM.
09-26-2018, 04:08 PM - 2 Likes   #218
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
That looks like a normal hot show cover? Am I missing something here?
If you look at the back view, there seems to be a join just below the hot shoe, as if there is a cut out section that needs to be covered by the hot shoe coming down around the back. That cut out is most likely for an EVF or maybe “smart” OVF that can relay shooting parameters in my opinion.

On previous versions, that space was taken by a green focus confirmation light. It was quite well placed, because if you used the OVF attachment, you could see that light in you peripheral vision. It looks like they have a different solution now.

That’s what makes me think we might get an EVF attachment option. They had one before for the GXR, but it never worked with the GR.
09-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #219
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
If you look at the back view, there seems to be a join just below the hot shoe, as if there is a cut out section that needs to be covered by the hot shoe coming down around the back. That cut out is most likely for an EVF or maybe “smart” OVF that can relay shooting parameters in my opinion.

On previous versions, that space was taken by a green focus confirmation light. It was quite well placed, because if you used the OVF attachment, you could see that light in you peripheral vision. It looks like they have a different solution now.

That’s what makes me think we might get an EVF attachment option. They had one before for the GXR, but it never worked with the GR.
I was looking at that earlier and surmising/hoping the same. I shudder to think what the cost of it may be however.

On a different note, I've also been considering the newly designed sensor/lens combo, which may point to yet another round of conversion glass and adapters. I can't say I'm looking forward to that bit. Though I may well not even bother this go around seeing as I use those combos perhaps 10% of the time at best.
09-27-2018, 02:05 AM   #220

The spec sheet for the GRIII is saying a 3" LCD the same size as the GRII but the LCD definitely looks larger than 3" from the images of the GRIII. It actually looks like it covers the entire raised area the LCD is set in on the GRII so it could be more like a 3.5" screen.
Certainly the same part as the Fuji XF10 - which is a 3" screen, 1.04Mdots.

About price positioning - the XF10 is actually 500 eur, 500 us$.

Last edited by regular67; 09-27-2018 at 02:12 AM.
09-27-2018, 02:10 AM - 5 Likes   #221
Pentaxian

?????????????????GR III????? - ???? Watch
09-27-2018, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #222
ogl
Banned

New battery. No flash. USB charging. Confirmed.
09-27-2018, 02:29 AM   #223
Veteran Member

Price less than 1000 Euros and GR II will be sold alongside? So no replacement?

I didnt understand the lens pin part...
09-27-2018, 02:29 AM - 1 Like   #224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Now, this is a hands on... and, most interesting in my book: the contacts for adapters at the lens collar.
I have the sad feeling my GW wideangle and GM macro adapters might not be usable anymore, but the curiosity to see what will be possible with that makes up for that.
09-27-2018, 02:30 AM   #225

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
translation : "It was surprising that the detailed specs as revealed at the time of release were revealed at the timing six months before the scheduled release date."

meaning March'2019.