Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2018, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
I mean option of removing OVF with prism and mounting EVF instead when you want/need.
The technology for that is beyond daunting.

09-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This is a very old rumor. Ricoh's new FF retro Pentax LX rumor: Ricoh Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

This seems to be a Ricoh project as well.
09-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I think he said something about a 100 year commemorative model with that name. FWIW, my German sucks and the transcript is not very helpful. I am hoping for a point-by-point digest from a native-German speaker.

Steve
Thank you Steve. My German is HS level 45 years ago.

QuoteOriginally posted by Urs Quote
He says the KP is the followup of the K3 2 for HIM and that there is a new APS-C in the works for 2019 for the 100 years anniversary, that it will be not a K3 3 but a completely new top of the line APS-C model that will make many K1 users to want one of them guess because of the feature sets which are not mentioned.

This is much more then the other interview mentioned on the subject and at least for me a VERY positive point, we can hope for great new camera to come next year!

He mentioned that they need to work on AF and that part of the solution is with better lenses like the new 50mm.
This is along the lines of my speculations on other threads.
09-30-2018, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

It will be truly interesting to see what they have been cooking for 2019...still have some time to make some savings...

09-30-2018, 12:58 PM - 4 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

He says the KP is the followup of the K3 2 for HIM and that there is a new APS-C in the works for 2019 for the 100 years anniversary, that it will be not a K3 3 but a completely new top of the line APS-C model that will make many K1 users to want one of them guess because of the feature sets which are not mentioned.
Bad news.
For my wallet.
09-30-2018, 12:58 PM - 3 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

Before this goes to far:
he indeed said that he sees the KP a very capable camera in APS-C, especially in comparison with another company, offering after two generations now a model with IBIS, that is in the end larger as a KP. He would personally call the KP an successor to the K3 and the next model will not be a K3III, as Urs said.
Yes, he expressed his wishes on some topics, it (no surprise) seems that this japanese company does not provide much information on future products. For 2019 he mentioned that the K70 and K3 are old models and that everyone can come to a logical conclusion considering this. Especially as it will be 100 year anniversary, and the LX was a model released for an anniversary too - just as an example of this fact, not as a hint on the camera type to be expected.
09-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #22
Urs
Pentaxian

BTW how to translate a youtube video:

Go to your Video.
Below the video you want to translate select Settings. ...
Under the video, select the Subtitles and CC tab.
Click Add new subtitles or CC and choose the language that you want to translate your video title, description, and captions into.

09-30-2018, 01:01 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

That is my reading as well. Thanks for contributing.

Steve
09-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Before this goes to far:
he indeed said that he sees the KP a very capable camera in APS-C, especially in comparison with another company, offering after two generations now a model with IBIS, that is in the end larger as a KP. He would personally call the KP an successor to the K3 and the next model will not be a K3III, as Urs said.
Yes, he expressed his wishes on some topics, it (no surprise) seems that this japanese company does not provide much information on future products. For 2019 he mentioned that the K70 and K3 are old models and that everyone can come to a logical conclusion considering this. Especially as it will be 100 year anniversary, and the LX was a model released for an anniversary too - just as an example of this fact, not as a hint on the camera type to be expected.
Cool, yes, they were talking about LX like that, but. There is something coming. Now what. That remains to be the question. Something like LX?(as it was at that time?) something else. But what is for sure, is that they have saved the best things for next year. To go with anniversary.
09-30-2018, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Funny: Mr Wolfgang Baus talks about the three large-aperture prime lenses, specifically 50mm, 85mm and 35mm, quotes twice the 35mm focal length, realises from the way the interviewer reacts that something is amiss, repeats '35mm, it's on the roadmap', the interviewer answers 'no, only wide-aperture wide-angle...', then Mr Baus back-pedals and explains that 35mm is his own interpretation, yada yada yada...
09-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #26
Pentaxian

'For me the successor to the K-3 is the KP.'

'The KP isn't young, the K-70 isn't young either, for next year we need something; next year is the 100th anniversary of Pentax.'

He would like to see something big for this anniversary 'I remember the LX, which was an anniversary model too (...) not the successor to the K-3, the successor to the K-3 is the KP, but a new camera that would be at the same level for APS-C as the K-1 is for full format (...) a top-level camera.'
09-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
He says the KP is the followup of the K3 2 for HIM and that there is a new APS-C in the works for 2019 for the 100 years anniversary, that it will be not a K3 3 but a completely new top of the line APS-C model that will make many K1 users to want one of them guess because of the feature sets which are not mentioned.This is much more then the other interview mentioned on the subject and at least for me a VERY positive point, we can hope for great new camera to come next year!He mentioned that they need to work on AF and that part of the solution is with better lenses like the new 50mm.
thanks mate

---------- Post added 01-10-18 at 06:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Before this goes to far:he indeed said that he sees the KP a very capable camera in APS-C, especially in comparison with another company, offering after two generations now a model with IBIS, that is in the end larger as a KP. He would personally call the KP an successor to the K3 and the next model will not be a K3III, as Urs said.Yes, he expressed his wishes on some topics, it (no surprise) seems that this japanese company does not provide much information on future products. For 2019 he mentioned that the K70 and K3 are old models and that everyone can come to a logical conclusion considering this. Especially as it will be 100 year anniversary, and the LX was a model released for an anniversary too - just as an example of this fact, not as a hint on the camera type to be expected.
Thanks mate
09-30-2018, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #28

Schönes Interview! This guy is down to earth, talking quite frankly about the situation Pentax is in.

He mentions the importance of the new 70-200 F4, the quality of the DFA 28-105 to which I totally agree.

Considering medium format he states that working for the 100 Megapixel sensor will require much higher engineering standards for lenses and since Ricohs ressources go now mainly to FF and APS-C he doesn't expect too much immediate news in this area.
09-30-2018, 02:41 PM - 7 Likes   #29
Veteran Member

Hello stevebrot,

My german is far better than my english, but let me try to translate the the statements regarding the APS-C successor in the interview from 22:38.

First was the statement that the LX was a special camera released at an anniversary and that he hoped for a similiarily impressive camera for the upcoming 100 year anniversary.

Second was the statement that such camera needed to incorporate to be on a performance level with the K-1, should even better the K-1 (and make K-1 owners crave this camera).

Third was the statement that the next APS-C camera would be professional grade, but not seen as direct succesor of the K-3 (ii) since there way too much time since then and the K-P, which is even better in some regard than the K-1, was released after the K3.

The statements sound like there should be a new APS-C flagship in 2019.
09-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #30
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Snafu711 Quote
The statements sound like there should be a new APS-C flagship in 2019.
Well at least he expresses that he hopes that it will be next year. No idea if that is due to not wanting to reveal anything, or not knowing if it would be happening in next year.