Veteran Member

Hoping they omit the focusing motor and make a K1000SE digital
APS-C even if they cant keep the size/weight of the original

10-05-2018, 12:45 AM - 2 Likes   #47
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
Russian government policies on their own people .
It seems to me their reference book is Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. Of course, in new historical condition. I see all elements of manipulation of social mind and active using of simulacrum (especially, of 3rd and 4th levels).

I clearly understand that any power does the same, but Russian government's methods of governance, controls and manipulation of minds are very special and pronounced, impudent and beyond of the Good, sly and cunning.
10-05-2018, 12:58 AM   #48
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

no wonder ricoh Pentax was so silent about new aps and ff dslr.
they talking/selling dlsr to Zenit
10-05-2018, 01:57 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
no wonder ricoh Pentax was so silent about new aps and ff dslr.
they talking/selling dlsr to Zenit
What took you guys so long?

10-05-2018, 02:10 AM - 2 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

Now we know what RIcoh Imaging will do with all the K-1 Mark I's motherboards they are collecting in the framework of their upgrade programme!
10-05-2018, 02:23 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In Russia, is there a great deal of sentimentality about Russian brands? I always get the impression that Russia is very proud of it's past, could this be used to hawk re-branded Japanese and German cameras?
10-05-2018, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
In Russia, is there a great deal of sentimentality about Russian brands? I always get the impression that Russia is very proud of it's past,
only in words.
If earnings allow, Russian will always prefer the original German / Japanese / American goods.

10-05-2018, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #53
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
In Russia, is there a great deal of sentimentality about Russian brands? I always get the impression that Russia is very proud of it's past, could this be used to hawk re-branded Japanese and German cameras?
As for me, it's silly to be proud of past. It's normal to be proud of anything really good which useful for all humanity. People are different, somebody feel nostalgic for past, somebody want to look ahead... Somebody like all Soviet. Somebody don't like USSR...
The truth is between as usual....)) Different time could bring really bad and really good events, things and developments.

To say honest, the most original things from Russia are weapon. Sad, but true. If we say about things. It's good made and real realization of smart brains.
The rest good things are display of spiritual and art culture. It's mental things.

As for photo gears or cars, alas!...it's rather special and another level things. Not close to Western or Eastern models...
I have no any nostalgia for Zenit ...I have Zenit-B and Zenit-E (semi-work), Smena 8M...It's my childhood. Yes. But it's really nothing special as photo gear. Very simple and it can make photos - it's all.
10-05-2018, 04:47 AM - 2 Likes   #54
Pentaxian

OK, this is a mere rumour from an unknown source, nothing tells us there is actually any substance in it and, even if there were, it could materialise, or not, since the KMZ representative told to RIA News (РИА Новости) during Photokina that 'We will analyze the experience and decide which camera will be next, perhaps it will be an SLR camera, and perhaps a more advanced rangefinder camera.'

Let's assume KMZ actually intends to launch a Zenit-branded DSLR camera. Since they ceased camera production around 2005, they would need a partner, as they needed one for the Zenit M rangefinder camera. In my opinion Ricoh Imaging would be the best possible partner, should KMZ intend to launch an APS-C or 24x36 DSLR (they could team up with Leica and rebrand an older Leica S as medium-format DSLR but that would be the niche within the niche):
  • I don't imagine Canon or Nikon bothering to manufacture 500 or 1,000 units of a restyled version of one of their cameras.
  • Such volume would be more in line with Ricoh Imaging's production volumes, in particular if the Zenit K were to be assembled together with the 645Z and not on the main K-1 II assembly line.
  • A Zenit K would bring more awareness about the K-mount, using hype and nostalgia.
  • A Zenit K would add to the K-mount lens line-up since the main purpose of KMZ in these ventures is to sell more lenses, in particular newly designed ones.
  • Assembling the Zenit K from K-1 components would bring additional money to Ricoh Imaging without having any impact on their own projects under development.
  • A Zenit K based on K-1 'Mark I' and produced in a few hundred or thousand units (Zenit M: based on 2014-launched Leica M Typ 240, 500 units) would be an elegant way for Ricoh Imaging to reuse the K-1 mainboards they are currently collecting from the K-1 update programme. This would allow them, as subcontractors, to propose an attractive price to KMZ whilst still making money out of the project.
What do you think?
10-05-2018, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When russian nostalgia should be the Saviour of K-mount I think that Pentax is Doomed™
10-05-2018, 04:58 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Not the Saviour but an enjoyable supplement of income and awareness.

Definitely not a 'must have', but nice to have.
10-05-2018, 05:09 AM - 2 Likes   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
the KMZ representative told to RIA News (РИА Новости) during Photokina that 'We will analyze the experience and decide which camera will be next
This sounds so much like the familiar Ricoh line,
"No specific product is planned at the moment, but we are looking into possibilities,"
that they must be working together!
10-05-2018, 05:11 AM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
This sounds so much like the familiar Ricoh line,
"No specific product is planned at the moment, but we are looking into possibilities,"
that they must be working together!
10-05-2018, 05:35 AM   #59
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
[/LIST]What do you think?
strange fantasies...
10-05-2018, 05:40 AM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
strange fantasies...