Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We are now in a two-page detour as a result of my replying
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
One major difference between K-70 and KP: K-70 appears to have same aperture control as K-30/50/S2 while KP has same aperture control as K-7/5/3.
to the comment
QuoteOriginally posted by H.Abendsen Quote
The only things I really loved about the KP was the thin body that reminded me at the good old analog days...and the fact that it has the option for interchangeable grips.
You can even mount a custom one, if you are not satisfied...
But spec and build-quality wise(plastic top) it had not much over the K-70... So i really hope they dont bring more of these hot-air cameras.
I still believe my comment is correct and accurate, and I believe the comments by H.Abendsen about the KP were misguided at best. However, right now I cannot find the place where Pentax confirmed using K-3 aperture control in the KP and declined to say the same about the K-70; even if I could this is not the place to debate build quality of the two cameras, so I will say nothing further on that matter, and I would encourage others to do likewise.

10-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #137
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Your memory is correct, though there were some reports on the KS-2. There had been recent rumors of "several" similar issues with K-70 and as a response, a thread was set up to serve as a clearinghouse of sorts to dispel rumors and attempt to determine if there are credible cases of aperture block failure for that model.

K-70 Underexposed Photo Reports - PentaxForums.com

To date there are four reports from users on this site having problems with underexposed frames. Two have been confirmed as having aperture control problems and one has been sent in for service without confirming aperture control failure. None, so far, have confirmed failure of the aperture control block.

Steve
I think sales numbers also bring in something. I guess that K-50 was far more sold then any of the other models. Maybe even K-50 sold more units then K-30/K-S1/K-S2/K-70 together.
10-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think sales numbers also bring in something. I guess that K-50 was far more sold then any of the other models. Maybe even K-50 sold more units then K-30/K-S1/K-S2/K-70 together.
The K-30 was awful popular. Just random speculation here (just like your comment) but I bet there were as many K-30 sold as K-50. By the way, K-s1 does not fit in the series we are talking about here.
10-12-2018, 01:12 AM   #139
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
then 10 = 2 in binary
Who reads right to left ?!

10-12-2018, 07:38 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Who reads right to left ?!
Persian? I thought Arabic also reads right to left?

Chinese reads vertically, right?
10-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote

The main RTL (right to left) languages are Arabic, Persian (Farsi), Urdu (essentially a Persianized variant of Hindi) and Hebrew. Semitic languages (which is the origin of the alphabet) are RTL and when Indo-European languages such as Persian adopted Arabic script, they became RTL. The same applies to some African languages.

Chinese, Japanese and Korean can be written top to bottom, then right to left, although top to bottom, then left to right is common today. And don't forget that advertising in all of its forms has no problem ignoring these conventions if it suits some purpose. Textual representation of binary numbers is almost always like other Arabic numbering systems, least significant digit is on the right, most significant digit on the left.
10-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
The main RTL (right to left) languages are Arabic, Persian (Farsi), Urdu (essentially a Persianized variant of Hindi) and Hebrew. Semitic languages (which is the origin of the alphabet) are RTL and when Indo-European languages such as Persian adopted Arabic script, they became RTL. The same applies to some African languages.

Chinese, Japanese and Korean can be written top to bottom, then right to left, although top to bottom, then left to right is common today. And don't forget that advertising in all of its forms has no problem ignoring these conventions if it suits some purpose. Textual representation of binary numbers is almost always like other Arabic numbering systems, least significant digit is on the right, most significant digit on the left.
Sirs, you're both right

10-12-2018, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The be pedantic the actual name of the G100 assembly is "Diaphragm Control Block". Or 0-G100 the "0-" means it is an assembly. The G100 differs greatly between the Super Program and G100 of the K-30/50. Major difference between the G100 is that the DSLR version is much larger wirth gears and a motor. The Super Program G100 uses springs, cams and levers.

The Diaphragm Control Block in the K-7,K-5, K-3 and presumably the K-1 and KP is part 0-G200. It is a different design then 0-G100 in either the Super Program or the other DSLRs

When ordering parts for Pentax/Hoya/Ricoh you would give the product number (camera) and part numbers. For the Super Program it would be 24500-0-G100, the K-50 would be 77750-0-G100. The parts service list shows interchangeable parts from different camera models.

It has yet to be seen if the K-70 uses the same G100 as the K-50.

The solenoid is part G119. It appears to be the same between all cameras that use the solenoid. From the K-30 on, however, the solenoid appears to be different, with green plastic vs white. Either the source of the solenoid changed the part or a different source is used. We don't know. We also don't know if the white solenoid was phased out altogether - it could be two sources were being used during production. One member reports buying the 0-G100 from USCamera with a manufacture date of 09/09/2017 that has a white solenoid.

The Diaphragm Control Block (0-G100) from Super Program - take from the Service Manual and Spares List:

The Diaphragm Control Block (0-G100) from various DSLRs:
K20D (note solenoid G119)

K10D

*istD

*istDS/DL

Note the wiring differences between the *ist models. Also the *istDs use a metal slide (aperture actuator) where as the K10D on uses a plastic/composite piece.

The 0-G200 from K-7 service manual and photos on USCamera

Note: Pentax/Hoya/Ricoh uses the term "Block" on many parts. These are all assemblies and in some cases "blocking" has nothing to do with the function. For example there is a "LCD Block", and "Viewfinder LCD Block". I think the mean it in the same way you can have "a block of code" or associated parts working together.

Amazing post!!
10-31-2018, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #144
Pentaxian

Twitter
11-01-2018, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #145
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
For those of us who don't easily read Japanese: Ricoh Imaging R02010 is the GR III. Size: 109.4 mm (width) x 61.9 mm (height) x 33.2 mm (depth). Wi-Fi and Bluetooth v4.2.

This is from the FCC:

R02010 Digital Camera Test Report 03 FCC SAR Report-1 RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. (HTML)

https://fccid.io/2ACZS-R02010/Test-Report/03-FCC-SAR-Report-1-4055246.pdf (PDF)
11-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #146
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
This is from the FCC:
Ummmm...not the FCC. That is the UL Japan listing for tests done by Underwriter's Laboratory in Japan. The FCC ID is referenced, but no model designation is present in available documentation beyond the label diagram in the tweet and actual filing. Here is a more comprehensive list (still not from the FCC) of documents related to the FCC filing.

FCC ID 2ACZS-R02010

The label diagram is at:

https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2ACZS-R02010/4055249

So, yes, the mystery camera is the GRIII (or something that looks an awful lot like the GRIII) as previously assumed, rather than some other camera.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-01-2018 at 10:00 AM.
11-01-2018, 10:08 AM   #147
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Ummmm...not the FCC. That is the UL Japan listing for tests done by Underwriter's Laboratory in Japan.
Strangely, there is no filing on record at the FCC and all documentation from the FCC Report site* are related to a UL Japan filing. Good information, but not from US government sources. FCC IDs are provided by the applicant according to a formula (applicant id + model id), so the existence of an FCC ID outside the FCC system may indicate an intent to file, rather than an actual filing.

Steve

* Not affiliated with the US FCC...ditto for the FCC ID site.
11-01-2018, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #148
Pentaxian

GRIII made in Vietnam.
GRII made in China.
11-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #149
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
GRIII made in Vietnam.
GRII made in China.
Interesting.