Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #16
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
If they release the v860 II for pttl I'll be selling my flashes and buying into that system the Ad400 pro looks awesome too, but bit out of my budget for now
Oh yes.. Adorama sells the same flash as Flashpoint brand (Flashpoint R2). I have a pair of them, they're fantastic (on diff make camera).

11-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Oh yes.. Adorama sells the same flash as Flashpoint brand (Flashpoint R2). I have a pair of them, they're fantastic (on diff make camera).
Hope they'll release a pttl one later. I think most of their popular models have pttl support? Plus their new triggers support pttl
11-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the idea of a small flash, as I won't be using it off camera (I have other flashes for that stuff). I'll mostly use it for fill flash, but I also do want the HSS. The only 2 AA batteries worries me a little, will it be powerful enough. If anyone has used it for fill flash I'd like to hear your experiences.
11-18-2018, 06:36 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So the master control functionality seems only to be with their wireless protocol?

I guess it would be too good to be true for it to work with the Pentax p-ttl wireless system too...

-Eric

11-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by john carter Quote
I like the idea of a small flash, as I won't be using it off camera (I have other flashes for that stuff). I'll mostly use it for fill flash, but I also do want the HSS. The only 2 AA batteries worries me a little, will it be powerful enough. If anyone has used it for fill flash I'd like to hear your experiences.
Powerful enough of course depends a lot on your needs. It's definitely a small flash, and for many of use something lightweight we can have handy and use for HSS, fillin, etc. The recycle time isn't the fastest, and the power isn't as high as lots of other flashes (GN 36 I think?), but within those limitations seems to get good marks.

Godox TTL HSS Remote Flash Review – Spotlight

Fstoppers Reviews the Godox Thinklite TT350F Flash for Fujifilm X | Fstoppers
11-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #21
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Oakland Rob, thanks, I'll probably get one.