Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #16
Inactive Account

well, it's ummmmm, how should I call it, bloody... interesting? ugly? kitschy?
it should provide one hell of a grip though

09-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #17

Looks fun and faddish. Consumer friendly.

I'd like a K-m with wood grain somewhere on it. That'd be nostalgic. But this one is pretty cool. I hope they actually do sell different skins for this camera.

You could probably wear this camera as bling around your neck like how those rappers do.
09-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Is this to compete with Holga's new lineup?
https://www.freestylephoto.biz/holgawood.php

CW
09-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If this is for real...look at how the mobile phone producers sell low end phones with help of shelles...people who does not want to/can't afford (youngsters mainly I think) the newest features or to change phone every year they change shell. And they know that K20D and K200D largely sell to the existing Pentax users (and to some degree to previous DSLR users shanging ship from other brands) of the people born in the 40's to 70', but they want to get the next generation of young customers going from a point and shoot camera or a mobile phone camera to a DSLR...there may be some thinking behind this...not necessarily that it works or that I would buy it.

On the other hand...I always felt so boring when shooting with my SLR/DSLR on parties...this one would blend in ...can I have it with a personalized pattern? Count me in!

09-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, the picture text at dpreview says "K-m in non-production-spec body material".

So you don't need to vorry.
09-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
New show: Pimp my Pentax
Because we know you like complaining about Pentax so much, we put an internet forum inside your camera!

(This is not directed at anyone, it's just a general pimp my ride related joke)
09-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #22
Inactive Account

I didn't think you were serious!!!!

OMG I thought you had photoshopped it but you are right its on DPreview!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to say it, but its the kind of crazy thing I might quite like (bit bling though I like the slightly hippyish pattern). I don't think it would wear very well though :-)

By Pentax standards though I still think its tame compared with the gold and snake LX (think a picture of it is on the K mount site). That must be the most bling camera ever made.

And yes, it is definately still prettier than a Sony. I don't get how sony, with all its other slick products, produces SLRs that look like they came straight out of the late 80s. I understand the appeal of Canon and Nikon but Sony DSLRs make me want to fall asleep. They took a great old camera brand and destroyed all of its remaining appeal. That said, sure if I used one for a day it wouldn't be that different...

FWIW I actually quite like the Panasonic G1s. Man, if you could stick Pentax limiteds on it, my DS would be for sale! The flip out screen, the sexy red. My kind of camera. If I had the money I'd get one anyway. And I thought 4/3rds was a dead concept.

09-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #23

I think it looks quite good actually. I would describe a pink camera as kitschy, but not this rugged looking little dslr. I guess I'm in the minority here.
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I think it is beyond ugly. Who is it directed to? Why would anyone do that to a camera? Is this the type of thng the soccer moms will be talking about? What kind of managment do they have running the show that thought this was worth showing to the world?

I have to say, this show has left me with two thoughts:

"Thats it?"

&

"This is a joke, right?"

sad.
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #25

look at the front element on the lens!
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #26
Inactive Account

There are some areas of the Southeast you would NOT want to carry that camera. It could get you shot or worse. Think "Deliverance."

CW
09-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #27

Why bother making a new teleconverter for years when you could give moreimportance to this stupid things? :ugh:
09-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #28

Very Damien Hurst. Cheaper though, I'll bet.
09-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #29
Veteran Member

If they actually made production models like that for the same price as normal ones, I would buy one, just for the looks people would give me. That and it would be less likely to be stollen, looking like a cheap toy camera.
09-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Someone should tell Paris Hilton not to leave her camera hanging out like that...