Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 146 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #256
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How much do you all think that Pentax has to do with the design of these cameras? Some, but most of the details are based on whatever Chinese company is making them. Sensor performance has not changed a lot. At the same time, clearly they sell some and turn a decent profit with minimal investment of time or R and D.

I don't think this camera is a big deal to most of us, but there shouldn't be anything particularly negative about it either.

10-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #257
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
How much do you all think that Pentax has to do with the design of these cameras? Some, but most of the details are based on whatever Chinese company is making them. Sensor performance has not changed a lot. At the same time, clearly they sell some and turn a decent profit with minimal investment of time or R and D.

I don't think this camera is a big deal to most of us, but there shouldn't be anything particularly negative about it either.
It's total disregard of users wish. And rather strange commercial way.
10-25-2018, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #258
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Folks, if you don't like the new camera don't buy it. What's the problem?
It will probably not be the best selling camera of all times, but I assume that Ricoh/Pentax have a better understanding of the camera market than most of us here.

Since several years I have a WG30 and it is still a camera I occasionally grab when I have to travel light or go hiking to remote areas. IQ is not bad at all.

10-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #259
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Folks, if you don't like the new camera don't buy it. What's the problem?
It will probably not be the best selling camera of all times, but I assume that Ricoh/Pentax have a better understanding of the camera market than most of us here.

Since several years I have a WG30 and it is still a camera I occasionally grab when I have to travel light or go hiking to remote areas. IQ is not bad at all.
Nice image. You can just change the name on your camera to wg-60 since it is almost the same camera.

10-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #260
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Nice image. You can just change the name on your camera to wg-60 since it is almost the same camera.
Yes, saves me a lot of money
10-25-2018, 01:05 PM   #261
Banned

Let me say here that I really think that Ricoh-Imaging crossed the line again in using images..........

Well who cares about a company that is on the way down!
10-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #262
Pentaxian

Let me say here that I really think that Ricoh-Imaging crossed the line again in using images..........

You forgot to include the smiley that shows us you're just kidding.

10-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #263
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You forgot to include the smiley that shows us you're just kidding.
Oh no not kidding. They use images to promote the camera bought online, made with other camera's.
10-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #264
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is amazing how a Ricoh point and shoot can bring out such negativity. I understand that Ron is negative about everything now, but this just isn't a big deal. As far as using other brands to shoot images, you contract with an agency to do it and if they don't use your cameras, so be it. What percentage of Sony A6000 shots were made with an A6000 or, even a Sony camera, for that matter? No one knows or cares.

I'm more interested in K mount gear, but I don't see how you can look at this release as negative. It just says that Ricoh is going to continue supporting at least one point and shoot for the next generation of cameras. That's all.
10-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #265
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It is amazing how a Ricoh point and shoot can bring out such negativity. I understand that Ron is negative about everything now, but this just isn't a big deal. As far as using other brands to shoot images, you contract with an agency to do it and if they don't use your cameras, so be it. What percentage of Sony A6000 shots were made with an A6000 or, even a Sony camera, for that matter? No one knows or cares.

I'm more interested in K mount gear, but I don't see how you can look at this release as negative. It just says that Ricoh is going to continue supporting at least one point and shoot for the next generation of cameras. That's all.
I'm not talking about shots of the camera. I'm talking about the shots that are presented with the camera to give potential buyers an idea of what the camera is capable of.
10-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #266
Pentaxian

Are you sure it actually happened? From Pentax?
10-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #267
Veteran Member

Can you point out where this occured? I reverse google image searched the wg-60 "example" images and didn't come up with any reused images.
10-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #268
Veteran Member

Well, that was a bust. I was hoping for something different than a rehash of the same old WG series which never seems to change. Let's hope the second camera announcement will be for something exciting.
10-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #269
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Well, that was a bust. I was hoping for something different than a rehash of the same old WG series which never seems to change. Let's hope the second camera announcement will be for something exciting.
Second??
10-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #270
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Second??
You mean no one told you????