Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 146 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2018, 07:10 AM - 2 Likes   #31
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Sigh!...

'in 2 classes. But, SLR!!'
One with digital sensor and one for analogue photography.

10-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The film one is a re-issued K-1000.
10-16-2018, 07:15 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does anyone realistically think Ricoh/Pentax is developing two FF DSLRs simultaneously. With Asahiman's posts you can read into them anything you want. But, hey it will make for interesting SPECULATION for the next few months. News and Rumors has gotten rather stale recently.
10-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
How about Full frame and Crop sensor??? Those are two different classes also.

10-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #35
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
How about Full frame and Crop sensor??? Those are two different classes also.
You can always cut out part of the film to make it 110 size.
10-16-2018, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Given that I'm a huge fan of APS-c, I'm going to just ignore this posting for now. But it has started me thinking about a Nikon D500 and 150-600 for my next body lens combination. It won't be fro a few years, but, at some point, I will need a new APS-c body.
10-16-2018, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

I don't think that means what you think it means.

That's the one from yesterday and I have already referenced it twice in this thread:
I am still curious to see the post that Chris is talking about...
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Per asahiman (yesterday on the other forum), new Pentax cameras (two apparently) are planned for the anniversary year 2019, as well as new lenses. Also according asahiman, both new cameras will be full frame...
I have read the posts in question, (thank you, Mistral) but Chris did not share what the post said, he shared what he speculates the post means. He might be right, but right or wrong, he is putting words into asahiman's mouth.

10-16-2018, 07:29 AM - 2 Likes   #38

What's the rush? The latest Canon crop DSLR was the EOS 7D mk II announced in 2014 and Nikon's flagship DX500 was announced at the beginning of 2016.

Are Canon and Nikon users champing at the bit for a new crop flagship?

According to some, Ricoh/Pentax cannot possibly survive unless they copy everything Nikon and Canon does. Isn't taking their time with a new crop flagship doing that?
10-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
And in 2 classes he is probably referring to lenses anyway.
We have been speculating on this line for over a month now in various threads. I am with you. I suspect the two classes likely refers to lenses, as it comes immediately after lenses in the sentence. However, it is likely that Asahiman is not a native English speaker, so word order might not mean the same to him as it does to me. Ultimately all we can do is speculate until we get a new cryptic message.

Last edited by rangercarp; 10-16-2018 at 10:57 AM. Reason: clairity
10-16-2018, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
What's the rush? The latest Canon crop DSLR was the EOS 7D mk II announced in 2014 and Nikon's flagship DX500 was announced at the beginning of 2016.

Are Canon and Nikon users champing at the bit for a new crop flagship?

(...)
No, but neither the Canon EOS 7D Mark II nor the Nikon D500 are listed as discontinued on their manufacturer's website.

The Pentax K-3 II, on the other hand...

Source: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/#digital-slr
10-16-2018, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
I am still curious to see the post that Chris is talking about...

I have read the posts in question, (thank you, Mistral) but Chris did not share what the post said, he shared what he speculates the post means. He might be right, but right or wrong, he is putting words into asahiman's mouth.
I guess we read asahiman's posts differently then, because to me it is quite obvious what he is saying. There is not that much room to put words into his mouth it seems to me. He is talking full frame, and full frame is full frame, not apsc or MF

Chris

Last edited by Chris Mak; 10-16-2018 at 07:42 AM.
10-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Given that I'm a huge fan of APS-c, I'm going to just ignore this posting for now. But it has started me thinking about a Nikon D500 and 150-600 for my next body lens combination. It won't be fro a few years, but, at some point, I will need a new APS-c body.
At my age I don't plan to invest in another brand and have to buy lens. If Ricoh/Pentax does not bring another APS-C to market my K-3 will have to do.
10-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
I guess we read asahiman's posts differently then, because to me it is quite obvious what he is saying. There is not that much room to put words into his mouth it seems to me. He is talking full frame, and full frame is full frame, not apsc or MF

Chris
So its quite obvious in your mind that we will have two full frames from Ricoh/Pentax which would give Ricoh/Pentax a total of four current FF DSLRs? Perhaps you are projecting your wishes on to his statement.
10-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two FF cameras at the same time doesn't sound so difficult. Nikon just did this with their mirrorless Z's. They could be doing a ~24mpix "k-2" for low-light/hi-ISO and fast writing to the buffer, and then a ~40mpix "k-1 III" that is like a continuation of the K-1. They could use identical bodies, SR, etc etc. Not nothing from an engineering standpoint but it's not like they're doing two completely different bodies.

Honestly I was kind of hoping for a K-02; smallest possible APS-C digital body, styled more like the LX or MX-1, etc and not like a toy you'd hand to a baby.
10-16-2018, 08:25 AM   #45
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Already given
I was asking for the source where he claims that there are two full frame cameras coming.. I had gone to that link you had provided and only read that they say there is a 'nice fullframe line up'... I did not find mention of the cameras.