Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 146 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2018, 02:37 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Yay! Ricoh Imaging will announce a new camera this month or next month! (Nokishita)

...unfortunately, it's only the Ricoh WG-60 'all-weather adventure camera.'

軒下デジカメ情報局 on Twitter : "リコーの防水デジタルカメラ「WG-60」が今月か来月に発表されるらしい。#噂"

10-16-2018, 02:39 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
...unfortunately, it's the Ricoh WG-60 'all-weather adventure camera.'
Per asahiman (yesterday on the other forum), new Pentax cameras (two apparently) are planned for the anniversary year 2019, as well as new lenses. Also according asahiman, both new cameras will be full frame...

Chris
10-16-2018, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Per asahiman (yesterday on the other forum), new Pentax cameras (two apparently) are planned for the anniversary year 2019, as well as new lenses. Also according asahiman, both new cameras will be full frame...

Chris
Indeed. I have read the oracle of Pythia too.
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man:
Nope, Pentax will not going out of photo business...

There is a very, very internal roadmap.... Cameras and lenses...

A nice fullframe line up is in sight, no sign for going out of business.

Next year is the big anniversary, don't forget this point.

I know, the most forum users here will be surprised.

Best regards and Kanpai
Source: Pentax! Rumor going out of business: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
10-16-2018, 02:55 AM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just realized how close we are to 2019. It doesn't surprise me that they have been quiet this year so they can save as much as possible to make a splash next year. The rumor mill between now and then should be entertaining.

10-16-2018, 03:00 AM - 4 Likes   #5
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WG-60....Add RAW and 1" sensor and it would be better camera...But the same 1/2.3" sensor....I think...Alas.
10-16-2018, 03:38 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

Chris
Both FF
There are only two FF cameras available, two more were definitely needed ...
10-16-2018, 03:41 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chris
wrt to the other forum I can hardly be bothered to comment it seems very toxic over there.

I saw that post as well and I think this is the second time he has mentioned it. This of course would be fantastic news if true(not for everyone though). Perhaps this explains the 11-18mm delay as they focus on FF for the short term.

10-16-2018, 04:11 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
wrt to the other forum I can hardly be bothered to comment it seems very toxic over there.

I saw that post as well and I think this is the second time he has mentioned it. This of course would be fantastic news if true(not for everyone though). Perhaps this explains the 11-18mm delay as they focus on FF for the short term.
My guess though, is the the DA*11-18 is simply an APS-C lens meant to go with e.g. the KP. How people have developed the notion that it múst be launched with a new flagship level APSC camera, I don't know.

Chris
10-16-2018, 04:31 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How people have developed the notion that it múst be launched with a new flagship level APSC camera, I don't know.
Probably has something to do with the fact it (new APS-C flagship) has been hinted at in one way or another for about a year now.
10-16-2018, 05:03 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Probably has something to do with the fact it (new APS-C flagship) has been hinted at in one way or another for about a year now.
All I have witnessed though with regards to a possible new APS-C body, was a vague remark last april at CP+ about "now starting to develop...." , which was completely silenced again last Photokina. I guess most likely is with regards to asahiman's hints: two new full frame bodies and lenses next anniversary year. After that, in 2020 perhaps, a new APS-C body. The DA11-18 might go ahead of that.

Chris
10-16-2018, 05:10 AM - 3 Likes   #11
Pentaxian

Also according asahiman, both new cameras will be full frame...

A quote and source link would help. Mistral75 has already provided the full dptabloid quote and it contains nothing of the like.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 10-17-2018 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Keeping it friendly.
10-16-2018, 05:39 AM   #12
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Per asahiman (yesterday on the other forum)
Source, please?
10-16-2018, 05:45 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
A quote and source link would help. Mistral75 has already provided the full dptabloid quote and it contains nothing of the like.
Here you go, make of it what you will. This section is called news and rumors btw.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61637123

Last edited by MarkJerling; 10-17-2018 at 03:26 AM.
10-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Source, please?
Already given (including the corresponding text as an extensive quote) by yours truly in this very thread:
10-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All I have witnessed though with regards to a possible new APS-C body, was a vague remark last april at CP+ about "now starting to develop...." ,
Yep, it gets hard to track what is what. Without going back through old posts, I do believe it was in the interview at CP+ last year where it was hinted at. And I also would say in typical Ricoh fashion, there really hasn't been anything else I can recall being said, but if it's out there, someone will hopefully provide the link. So a new flagship crop body on the horizon would seem to be the hopeful wishes of Pentax fans combined with a hint and the time since the last release of a crop "flagship body". Guess we'll just have to stay tuned to see what happens when the curtain goes up.