Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2018, 05:18 AM   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well since speculating is so much fun. I think that in 2019 for aps-c we don't get anything above KP. So maybe a new K-90 or a KPii. But don't wait for a K-3iii if that is what anyone is doing. Fullframe it is.

Studying the market what mirrorless is doing is something that Pentax may do for the whole year to come. Maybe they can find a platform (mount) to join. That would make things easier.
Old Ron..........Ever the Jokester.

10-21-2018, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #182
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
FF DSLR has been a steady, albeit slow, course over these past years. No reason to doubt this course for FF DSLR.

Next to this steady FF course, Pentax is and has been monitoring the market to decide which project(s) to take on besides FF DSLR. This was apparently a start of development of a K3 successor at CP+, but this is uncertain after Adam's interview with Pentax/Ricoh at Photokina, according to his own words. Pentax, in his view, is just as likely or more likely, to investigate mirrorless options in the light of the vast shift in the camera market towards mirrorless at and preceding Photokina. This is more or less supported by what was said in the interview, and also what was not said in the interview.
This is in accordance with asahiman's refusal to mention an APSC camera being in development, which I asked him directly in a response to one of his posts on the other forum. When I asked him before CP+, he did respond, saying that the KP was meant as the highest positioned APSC camera originally, but that Pentax could develop a higher positioned APSC model in response to the criticism on the KP.

Chris
You can repeat the same as much as you like, I still won't agree - because I have good reasons not to.
And my reasons are from Ricoh Imaging; something you insistently ignore (confirmation bias, eh?). Speaking how an APS-C flagship is necessary, how they're "researching" a K-3 II successor at CP+ 2017 - that wasn't because of how the KP was received: it didn't, or barely started selling at that time. Speaking about how the KP was separate. Preparing a new DA*, thus stepping up the game on the lens side (should I believe they'd do the opposite camera side?).
Between your speculation and what Ricoh Imaging says and does, there isn't even a choice.
10-21-2018, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #183
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You can repeat the same as much as you like, I still won't agree - because I have good reasons not to.
And my reasons are from Ricoh Imaging; something you insistently ignore (confirmation bias, eh?). Speaking how an APS-C flagship is necessary, how they're "researching" a K-3 II successor at CP+ 2017 - that wasn't because of how the KP was received: it didn't, or barely started selling at that time. Speaking about how the KP was separate. Preparing a new DA*, thus stepping up the game on the lens side (should I believe they'd do the opposite camera side?).
Between your speculation and what Ricoh Imaging says and does, there isn't even a choice.
Well the KP is fine as it is. So why spoil that with a bigger brother? You keep repeating old messages from Ricoh-Imaging and ignoring that they have nothing to say on the subject of the K-3iii on Photokina, just last month.
10-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #184
Pentaxian

They said nothing new about Pentax; no information about new products of any kind. So I'm not ignoring any information.

10-21-2018, 07:35 AM   #185
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It doesn't really matter at all. For you it seems to be merely a hypothetical argument, as you have no interest in Pentax APSC at all I believe?

For me, being right or winning the argument is totally irrelevant. I have simply been weighing my chances based on what I have seen progress at Pentax through various "sources". Whether a new (flagship) APSC camera is really coming early next year, and lately next year at all, has been my only concern. Winning an argument against someone who does not even care for APSC at all personally, sorry, but that is not important to me. But Alex, if you aim your energy at something that dóes have your interest, like two new FF bodies, then I'll be happy to argue with you.

Chris

Last edited by Chris Mak; 10-21-2018 at 07:56 AM.
10-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #186
Pentaxian

Hypothetical, because I'm interested in what will happen as opposed to stating my wishes? Because I'm listening to Ricoh Imaging, instead of reinforcing a belief made many months ago?

Even if I've gone FF, it's not a given I wouldn't buy a new APS-C flagship - after all, my 150-450 would work on it. But I find it interesting that you're talking about me having no interest in Pentax APS-C "at all" while forgetting that you decided to go Nikon
But if you still didn't, I'd hope you will soon get the information required to make a decision - hopefully a (pre)announcement of a new flagship, though I'm not holding my breath - which we'll only get by listening. Not by speculating.

Last edited by Kunzite; 10-21-2018 at 08:36 AM.
10-21-2018, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm with you Alex!

10-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #188
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sony has new consumer sensors
10-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #189
Veteran Member

Hmmm! Could the IMX204 be a sign for a new revived Q?
10-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #190
Pentaxian

Hypothetical, because I'm interested in what will happen as opposed to stating my wishes? Because I'm listening to Ricoh Imaging, instead of reinforcing a belief made many months ago?

Even if I've gone FF, it's not a given I wouldn't buy a new APS-C flagship - after all, my 150-450 would work on it. But I find it interesting that you're talking about me having no interest in Pentax APS-C "at all" while forgetting that you decided to go Nikon
But if you still didn't, I'd hope you will soon get the information required to make a decision - hopefully a (pre)announcement of a new flagship, though I'm not holding my breath - which we'll only get by listening. Not by speculating.
What I mean to say: yours is a kind of comfy armchair debating and argueing, you have got your K1mkII and your DFA50mm f1.4. So from the luxury of your full frame bubble, you shoot your arrows about how people wanting a K3 successor have nothing to worry about, because Ricoh this, and Pentax that. Take a step back, and read up on the endless threads about a decent APSC flagship camera staying thouroughly out of sight. In short, show some simple compassion with the APSC crowd that has been left on an all but starving diet because FF has come at the expense of crop.

To me, it is actually a relieve having decided to go Nikon, because otherwise, I would still be in threads like these for years to come. K3 successor chapter five, K 3 successor chapter eight. What can I say to someone in his comfy FF chair?

Chris
10-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #191
Pentaxian

They said nothing new about Pentax; no information about new products of any kind. So I'm not ignoring any information.
Actually, we did get some information from the Photokina interview. The new information is that Pentax is seriously rethinking their approach to cameras. A couple of years ago, their effort was spread across "Q", APS-C, and MF - then they added FF to the collection. As a result of the rethinking, I believe we need to forget everything we knew six months ago and we need to forget the decisions they've made in recent years.
10-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #192
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Actually, we did get some information from the Photokina interview. The new information is that Pentax is seriously rethinking their approach to cameras. A couple of years ago, their effort was spread across "Q", APS-C, and MF - then they added FF to the collection. As a result of the rethinking, I believe we need to forget everything we knew six months ago and we need to forget the decisions they've made in recent years.
Kunzite is waiting for a memo that says what the plan is......

This rethinking is going to end in a two camera stategy. One aps-c and one fullframe model. At least that is what I think.

We will get some light on the sales of last quarter this coming friday. I do wonder how that worked out. The dfa*50 went on sale last months. So that is good news. Sales of dslr (market wise) in Japan has plummitted over the past months and is 25 % lower then a year ago. Now the question is if Ricoh-Imaging was able to grow marketshare and keep sales at the same level or that their sales also decreased 25 % on k-mount body's?
10-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #193
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Kunzite is waiting for a memo that says what the plan is......
We aren't getting that, of course.

I'm not convinced that they have a 'plan' - I believe they will make decisions one step at a time, each decision based on latest analysis of how recent decisions worked out.
10-21-2018, 12:11 PM   #194
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Hmmm! Could the IMX204 be a sign for a new revived Q?
I don't think so....IMX204 is old sensor. Not newer than 2015 year.

But 1" in WG could be good...

Last edited by ogl; 10-21-2018 at 12:17 PM.
10-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #195
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
What I mean to say: yours is a kind of comfy armchair debating and argueing, you have got your K1mkII and your DFA50mm f1.4. So from the luxury of your full frame bubble, you shoot your arrows about how people wanting a K3 successor have nothing to worry about, because Ricoh this, and Pentax that. Take a step back, and read up on the endless threads about a decent APSC flagship camera staying thouroughly out of sight. In short, show some simple compassion with the APSC crowd that has been left on an all but starving diet because FF has come at the expense of crop.

To me, it is actually a relieve having decided to go Nikon, because otherwise, I would still be in threads like these for years to come. K3 successor chapter five, K 3 successor chapter eight. What can I say to someone in his comfy FF chair?

Chris
Chris, you're no longer discussing the issue of APS-C development, but my person. Shame on you.
Of course, you're doing so without taking a good look at yourself, what's motivating you and your endless posts on the same subject.

I don't know what sort of compassion you're expecting me to provide, given that what I'm saying is how Ricoh Imaging is working on an APS-C flagship (and at least a lens), and you're arguing against that.

---------- Post added 21-10-18 at 10:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
We aren't getting that, of course.
Why, but I have it just in front of... ah! right! We aren't getting that! We absolutely aren't getting that!