Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 146 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #271
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
You mean no one told you????
This thread is entitled "..... a camera ......".

I have an idea - why doesn't someone here who understands their 'schedule' tell me where a second comes in!

10-26-2018, 12:02 AM   #272
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Folks, if you don't like the new camera don't buy it. What's the problem?
The problem is other. They try to sell old camera with minor tweaks like new. And it's not the first time.
It's long story of selling WG cameras almost with zero changes with new name.

Almost no research and development....
10-26-2018, 12:04 AM   #273
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Can you point out where this occured? I reverse google image searched the wg-60 "example" images and didn't come up with any reused images.
RICOH WG-60 - Uncompromising water, shock, dust, and freeze protection. - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S

I only looked up the mountain picture for the crushproof 100kg. I thought that it would be impossible to have such an image without doing serious work. Turned up at shutterstock. They should have hired a photographer! With this wg-60 or using a wg-50 or a wg-40 or a wg-30 since they are all the same.

The first diving image is made in 2013, also stock image.
10-26-2018, 12:22 AM - 2 Likes   #274

Nothing like an announcement to bring out the absolute worst in the Pentax/Ricoh bashers on PentaxForums. Thank the prescience of the board software programmers for the ignore function. The Boriscletoed™ list grows.

10-26-2018, 01:23 AM - 1 Like   #275
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Nothing like an announcement to bring out the absolute worst in the Pentax/Ricoh bashers on PentaxForums. Thank the prescience of the board software programmers for the ignore function. The Boriscletoed™ list grows.
i agree, its a very nice feature
10-26-2018, 09:21 AM - 3 Likes   #276
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
RICOH WG-60 - Uncompromising water, shock, dust, and freeze protection. - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S

I only looked up the mountain picture for the crushproof 100kg. I thought that it would be impossible to have such an image without doing serious work. Turned up at shutterstock. They should have hired a photographer! With this wg-60 or using a wg-50 or a wg-40 or a wg-30 since they are all the same.

The first diving image is made in 2013, also stock image.
Those aren't images that purport to show what the camera can do. Those are icon images to represent the features. Like freeze proof -- show snow. Shock proof -- show rocks... Those aren't advertising images the camera can take. I can see where you could be confused, though.
10-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #277
Pentaxian

Ron is always looking for excuses to bash Pentax. If they haven't done anything bad, he would make up something - like this instance (if you want to see what's crossing the line, look at Huawei).

10-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #278
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Those aren't images that purport to show what the camera can do. Those are icon images to represent the features. Like freeze proof -- show snow. Shock proof -- show rocks... Those aren't advertising images the camera can take. I can see where you could be confused, though.
Yes, it really took me some time before I even realized what he meant. But it shows some (irritating) amount of time and effort someone puts into such non issues... weird
10-26-2018, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #279
Banned

So they have this kind of camera since februari 2014......almost 5 years to collect some images. But that is not needed nor important. You just show potential customers some random images from the internet?

Im sorry, but I don't think that is acceptable.

@Kunzite well you are always ready to defend Ricoh-Imaging, no matter what.
10-26-2018, 10:11 AM - 4 Likes   #280
Pentaxian

"no matter what"? You are gravely mistaken.
But I'm tired of the endless whining and nonsense attacks, of the "I gave up on photography so I don't care, but I'll make others' lives miserable".
10-26-2018, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #281
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So they have this kind of camera since februari 2014......almost 5 years to collect some images. But that is not needed nor important. You just show potential customers some random images from the internet?

Im sorry, but I don't think that is acceptable..
I'm not sure what you mean. They did show images taken with the camera, and showed off the different jpeg rendering options. Not random images from the internet
10-26-2018, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #282
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just saw it as a series of images showing activities you could take the camera along for and still do your thing - hiking, skiing, diving, etc. - here, a camera you can take no matter what you're up to. I don't think they're trying to sell this to pixel peepers and post processing gurus.
10-26-2018, 09:00 PM - 1 Like   #283
Pentaxian

I simply think Ricoh is purging whatever is left in their inventory and move on...

The negativity of the people around here is so infectious.. Much so the fanboyism is not helping either. U sub.
10-27-2018, 01:28 AM   #284
Pentaxian

I don't see much fanboyism, if any.
I'm looking for stuff like "Pentax is the best brand around!", and "they surely will release a camera surpassing every other!".
"No, Pentax isn't dying"; "yes, I believe they will launch this lens on the roadmap eventually", "the D FA* 50mm f/1.4 is a really good lens" - things like that aren't fanboy-like outrageously positive claims.

Negativity, OTOH...
10-27-2018, 02:38 AM - 1 Like   #285
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I just saw it as a series of images showing activities you could take the camera along for and still do your thing - hiking, skiing, diving, etc. - here, a camera you can take no matter what you're up to. I don't think they're trying to sell this to pixel peepers and post processing gurus.
I don't see any fanboy stuff in this thread. I'm not interested in this camera. It is a point and shoot, very much along the lines of the Nikon W300. The biggest thing with these cameras is that they are tough and provide halfway decent image quality in good light. I just don't see any reason to be negative about Ricoh releasing another slight tweak of this camera. And yet people are here complaining that it isn't enough of an update and that they use stock photos to exemplify areas that the camera is good at.