Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2008, 02:31 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Christmas Calendar.

I post this here simply because I figure if "Pentax" monitor any forum it will be this one....and I want something from you ...Mr Pentax.

What I want (& I will boldly add on behalf of all forum members) is your SPONSORSHIP for a Christamas calendar for 2008.

How? Photographs will be invited and voted on by a simple poll: rules are the photo must be taken with a Pentax camera. Photos to be submitted by an agrreed date, say Nov 23, voted on by Nov 30 and go to print by Dec 7....in time for Christmas gift buying.

By whom: please yourselves (comment directed at "Pentax"), but why not Adam here at Pentax Forums....if Adam wants the job..???? ...and maybe some co-sponsorship.

How to sell: On line and perhaps a complimentary copy with all new Camera purchases in December 2008. A tight time line certainly, but hey folks (at Pentax)...extract the finger and get after it, it is not rocket science we are talking about here....this could be up and running in a week if anyone wanted to pick "it" up! and with the right resources to make it happen.

Profits: Give them to a charity.

Why: Why not? This forum is a massive supporter of Pentax products and it is about time "Pentax" came to the party. Pentax have a great resource here in the people that use its product, so in the true spirit of "The Pentaxian" ....support your own ethos!

Going now.

Cheers.

09-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It would have been a great idea 6 or 7 years ago, before technology became more affordable.

Nowadays my calendar is my phone. I wouldn't pay money for a paper one which I simply throw away 365 days later.
09-24-2008, 03:04 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
It would have been a great idea 6 or 7 years ago, before technology became more affordable.

Nowadays my calendar is my phone. I wouldn't pay money for a paper one which I simply throw away 365 days later.
Point taken...but we still have a couple of calendars around the home and business.

My original post should have said:

Profits (if any).....give them to charity.

It is not about profit, but recognition and promotion.

Thanks for replying.
09-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #4

It would have been a great idea 6 or 7 months ago (look in the shops - there is a still a huge market for pictoral calenders). But you're way off the timeline - they are all in the shops now - by Christmas they are dicounting. Next year perhaps?

09-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Why not provide the calendar online as High Res Images. If people want to download them we ask for a donation. Minimal production costs.
Why not also do one for Pentax,Sigma, Tamron, Voigtlander etc.
No harm in trying to sell ourselves either.
Maybe we could make e-calendars, like e cards and evites.
I'm sure we have the skills available on the forum to do that kind of stuff.
09-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

It's a little late in the year, maybe, for something like this...

It would be great for Pentax to (co)sponsor a Pentaxian wall calendar, but not necessary to make it happen. CafePress (others too I'm sure) does wall calendars and it would be reasonably simple for PentaxForums to put together a calendar on its own. The photos could be the Monthly Contest winners with insets for 2nd and 3rd place, for example. Cost for a one-off is $14.99, would have to look into where the breaks come in, and I would think with procedes going to charity people would pay $18 to $20. Something to think about anyway.

Link: Custom Wall Calendar : Create a Custom Gift of Your Own at CafePress.com!