Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
You were so close!

RH

I applaud your efforts at Translating the text from Japanese to English. It would not have been easy.

But yet again instead of supporting THIS forum with your efforts you supported your blog site.

Why not simply post your translation here rather than linking back to your blog???

PK

09-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
Holy crud! Look at this! IT'S TRUE!!!!! WEEEEeeeeeee!

As a part time flight simmer, I look forward to mixing both my passion too

I can see it now, an alloy framed aircraft with plastic body, fitted with a Korean hybrid engine smaller than normal but with higher compression producing similar power output due to the technology of the propeller. It has VR Vibration Reduction built into the body, not the propeller.

Uses smaller seating rather than the larger Com Fortable seating of other aircraft.

Uses disposable Battery system for starting and is fully compatible with all previously produced Pentax Aircraft. Has a nice black starter button too.

Best of all it has a green button auto pilot, so if you get into trouble you can hit the green button and it automatically levels out and circles until it knows where you are and then set down for a perfect 3 point landing at any of your predefined airstrips.

Optional extras include the BG200 (baggage module) that bolts on under the aircraft to carry your luggage.

Best of all it comes in mat black with Pentax in bright red along the side of the fuselage.

PK
09-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
For backwards compatibility, you will be able to use scimitar props with a Wasp radial. I can' t help myself; I just love the sound of round engines ......
Did you ever fly a plane with a radial engine? I used to fly a DHC Beaver, and after a flight, you're deaf for about an hour and a half due to the noise. I'll stick to my Cessna. Better for my sanity (and for the wallet: do you know how much fuel those radials burn?).
09-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peacekeeper Quote
Best of all it comes in mat black with Pentax in bright red along the side of the fuselage.
I like it....black ops! And I like that green button autopilot option. Of course it will most likely have a hard time trying to find it's' preset altitude....it will hunt around a couple times before "focusing in" on it.

...of course, don't forget TCAS...Pentax's new technology referred to as true "true color aquisition system".

09-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Did you ever fly a plane with a radial engine? I used to fly a DHC Beaver, and after a flight, you're deaf for about an hour and a half due to the noise. I'll stick to my Cessna. Better for my sanity (and for the wallet: do you know how much fuel those radials burn?).
Of course, turbines are "radials" too.
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Best of all it has a green button auto pilot, so if you get into trouble you can hit the green button and it automatically levels out and circles until it knows where you are and then set down for a perfect 3 point landing at any of your predefined airstrips.
Reminds me of a book I just read on "modern" fighter jets (it was written in the late 80's). On the older navy jets (F-4, F-14, etc) there were complicated procedures you drilled on for recovering from loss-of-control. With the newer 'electric jets' (F-16, F-18 and I would imagine the new F-22 and F-35), according to the author the procedure is to let go of the stick and let the fly-by-wire figure it out.
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #37
Veteran Member

RH

I applaud your efforts at Translating the text from Japanese to English. It would not have been easy.

But yet again instead of supporting THIS forum with your efforts you supported your blog site.

Why not simply post your translation here rather than linking back to your blog???

PK
Come on, leave the poor sucker alone. Everyone can choose where to post his own stuff.

Thanks Ricer.

09-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
You evil man ;-) Upon your request, I have translated and summed up all the Q & A (minus one) and it has burnt me almost four hours to do it! Here it is:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Interview with Senior Pentax Official at Photokina

Well, I'd better go to take a bath and sleep now! See you folks tomorrow.

p.s. Will you thank me? :-)
Thanks man!
09-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
There's no plan to build full sized aircraft, instead Pentax will build cropped version of aircraft, slow and with limited low light capabilities.
Pentax do keep in mind, though, that it is possible to build full size aircraft with all the qualities of other aircrafts, but they decided not to do it at this time.
Good for us, then. More people can actually get to have their own aircraft. It sure beats whining about not have a full-sized aircraft that the rest of us won't be able to buy.

Besides, the better pilots can still make do with "crap" and "obsolete" aircrafts, churning out wonderful journeys as well as those who bought super jets.
09-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #40
Veteran Member

RH

PK
Well, Google and Babelfish translations work for me. Sure there are funny moments, but anyone with common sense can pick up the more relevant pieces of information, anyway.
09-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
hmm, high noise levels when used for long exposures. Can't be fixed by firmware???
09-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anomaly Quote

You evil man ;-) Upon your request, I have translated and summed up all the Q & A (minus one) and it has burnt me almost four hours to do it! Here it is:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Interview with Senior Pentax Official at Photokina

Well, I'd better go to take a bath and sleep now! See you folks tomorrow.

p.s. Will you thank me? :-)
Thanks man!
YOU're Welcome!
09-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #43
Damn Brit

YOU're Welcome!
I would have thanked you RH except that your comments accompanying the translation turned it into a platform for you to spout your ill feelings towards Pentax.
If you had translated it just to be a standup forum member, then you would have had my thanks.
Why can't you just be friendly and join in the forum and have something positive to say once in a while. Instead, nearly every post you make on this forum is an excuse for you to make negative comments.
09-27-2008, 02:03 AM   #44
Inactive Account

Engineering and Sales

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
Wow - so Pentax COULD build a FF camera for the same cost as an APS-C camera, but they just don't WANT to? What's wrong with these people?!!!! ;P
Nothing. I'm getting sick of typing: FF is not a panacea. APS-C has so many advantages, the primary ones being camera size and cost; with picture quality that is MORE than acceptable. Old FILM lenses will be cr*p on FF DIGITAL sensors. No one at Pentax cares about old lenses. Finally, the future is multiple small sensor, with the results combined digitally. This will give 3-D, and stunning dynamic range at a very cost-effective price. Why on earth would Pentax want to look backwards to a format standardized before everyone on this forum was born? My calendar says 2008.
09-27-2008, 02:19 AM   #45
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Nothing. I'm getting sick of typing: FF is not a panacea. APS-C has so many advantages, the primary ones being camera size and cost; with picture quality that is MORE than acceptable. Old FILM lenses will be cr*p on FF DIGITAL sensors. No one at Pentax cares about old lenses. Finally, the future is multiple small sensor, with the results combined digitally. This will give 3-D, and stunning dynamic range at a very cost-effective price. Why on earth would Pentax want to look backwards to a format standardized before everyone on this forum was born? My calendar says 2008.
Good argument.