Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
...- It has an indentation for attaching a “lens heater for shooting stars”. - It doesn’t seem to be confirmed that the heater will be released....
I wonder why Ricoh thinks it necessary to build this into a lens. There are already inexpensive, easy to use options that work with any lens.

Hand warmer packs. Disposable, no electricity required. Use a rubber band to hold this against the side of the lens. https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Hand-Warmers-Odorless-Activated/dp/B0007ZF4O...-20&th=1&psc=1

Dew heater. Reusable, needs battery power. amazon.com : PROTAGE Condensation Prevention Lens Heater Evening dew Remover USB Warmer P-LH02 : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

12-16-2018, 11:36 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
There are already inexpensive, easy to use options that work with any lens.
But who wants inexpensive when you have already invested in an expensive tracking mount? No bragging rights for wrapping a bulky, very noticeable, hand warmer over your lens.
12-16-2018, 11:37 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

It's not built in. The lens' design just makes it easy to attach a heater.
12-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
So the guessing game is on......

What is coming in 2019 and in what order?
1. 11-18mm
2. 70-200mm
3. K-1ii Silver anniversary edition
4. 85mm
5. New full frame camera

That's all folks.

(Except maybe some Theta or so)
You think that new FF camera is more likely than new crop sensor camera?

12-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
pics of the new wa here, mounted on k-1 annex
The lens is gorgeous, and the MZ-D-derived prototype K-1 is interesting, but I want that LX Titanium in the last image. Is that a hint?

Last edited by monochrome; 12-16-2018 at 02:00 PM.
12-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
pics of the new wa here, mounted on k-1 annex
I do like my MZ-S
12-16-2018, 01:10 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
I know it's some sort of Pentax' tradition to release silver limited versions of cameras, but that would be very underwhelming for a centenary. Just like Nikon's special edition D5 and D500.

I hope Ricoh's going to implement one of their patents in this new, evolved APS-C; either tilting sensor or hybrid VF.
Don’t you know silver makes things focus faster and more accurately, gives more dynamic range and is lighter.

12-16-2018, 01:19 PM - 4 Likes   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Don’t you know silver makes things focus faster and more accurately, gives more dynamic range and is lighter.
Also its non-fattening and reduces cholesterol.
12-16-2018, 02:04 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

(...)

Other
- He also brought along one of the original, never-produced K-1s. You can see it in the photos.
(...)
Thank you very much for your summary of the event and the various tweets.

This Pentax K-1 from 2000 is also known under the MZ-D and MR52 names. It was presented, for the first time I think, in Tokyo on the 16th of July 2011 for a 'touch and try' event organised to promote the Pentax Q.

12-16-2018, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #25
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ketsuppi11 Quote
You think that new FF camera is more likely than new crop sensor camera?
I think at the top end they can sell more fullframe camera's for Top end $ then aps-c. On the other hand, I just think the full-frame is deeper into the development then thè aps-c and thus earlier to market. But I know nothing!

---------- Post added 16-12-18 at 22:14 ----------

MZ-D was announced on Photokina 2000

Pentax cancel 6mp digital SLR: Digital Photography Review
12-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
(...)]

MZ-D was announced on Photokina 2000

Pentax cancel 6mp digital SLR: Digital Photography Review
Indeed but the same camera sporting the K-1 name only appeared in July 2011.
12-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Indeed but the same camera sporting the K-1 name only appeared in July 2011.
Eleven years to change the model name, there is no excuse for that. In comparison, our complaints about Ricoh taking three years to release a new lens or camera body are unjustified.
12-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #28
Pentaxian

@JPT

I don't know whether you have other sources in addition to Yaotomi's Tweeter account or some of their tweets were deleted since you made your summary but I can't find in the thread of tweets many pieces of information reported by you, namely:

(...)

Upcoming products
(...)
- K-3 Evolved camera is under heavy development (they have used this "evolved" phrasing before - it's clear they don't want it to be seen as a mere K-3 III)
- Two other products that were discussed specifically, but cannot be mentioned. I assume these are not things on the roadmap, and it’s just my speculation but I think they are cameras
- He loves the idea of an LX Digital, but I don’t see any indication that it is actually coming
- When asked whether anything would come out for the centenary, he hinted at something silver (just a k-1 II limited edition?)

(...)

Other
(...)
- They sold loads of Qs in Japan, but overseas was a different story (not such a surprise)
- The GXR A12 was selling well right up until the end (this is interesting to me)

(...)
12-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #29
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
@JPT

I don't know whether you have other sources in addition to Yaotomi's Tweeter account or some of their tweets were deleted since you made your summary but I can't find in the thread of tweets many pieces of information reported by you, namely:
See this account. It’s one of the attendees.
?????? (@k_rspkyoto) on Twitter

It is of course possible that I’ve misunderstood some of this. But it looks like that’s what he’s saying.
12-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #30
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Eleven years to change the model name, there is no excuse for that. In comparison, our complaints about Ricoh taking three years to release a new lens or camera body are unjustified.
You are certainly welcome to your opinion for yourself on the matter. But you certainly can't claim it for others..