Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #1

Future Pentax Rebates?

Christmas is on the horizon...any pentax rebates scheduled to be announced? I want to get my two daughters & son-in laws on the Pentax SLR band wagon..Thanks Robert

09-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Rarely will a manufacturer announce future rebates and torpedo current sales.
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Announcing the new cameras now allow retailers to display them for a month or so before the holiday season starts in earnest. Manufacturers can determine demand and weigh market strategy, offering rebates or price cuts for the holidays if need be. My guess is that Pentax's current line of cameras will be slightly cheaper before Christmastime. If it were me, I'd give a camera before the holiday season, though--perhaps, say, at Thanksgiving?--in order to allow them to use the camera to capture their family's celebrations. But then, I can be a bit unorthodox.

In any case, don't buy technology just to store it on the shelf for a few months unless you're worried about the stores being sold out. :-)
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the posts on future rebates... I agree 100% that announcing future rebates will topedo current sales.. good point!!!! I posted this question here at the news and rumors thread...to see if any of you seasoned pentax people might have any inside news or rumors...I'm perfectly willing to wait it out and see what comes up..not trying to be a cheap charlie....because I'm sold on the Pentax system...but as Johnny Carson always said....A dollar is still a dollar...hope Santa is good to everyone this season..thanks again for the posts fellas Robert

09-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Yes there will be rebates.
09-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Yes there will be rebates.
This is a first time I've disagreed with you Gary. No, there won't be rebates.
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

REBATES SUCK

I bought my k20d plus lenses during the last rebate, and everywhere sold them with high prices, the moment the rebates end and the prices plummet by £200!!!

WHY PENTAX WHY?!? WHY YOU LIE TO ME?!?

On the other hand, pentax rebates are so quick and nice. lovely people