Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 872 Likes Search this Thread
06-24-2019, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #916

Photos: Gallery
Honestly, before Chris and whatshisname joined DPR, DPR hated Pentax. it's a shame that they followed that agenda. It's always been clear that there's some kind of hatred going on. And them going "who here loves pentax?" as honest as a politician.

TCSTV always gave honest reviews about pentax. I.R. gives honest reviews like so many others, non biased regardless of brand, just not DPR.

07-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #917
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So who if anyone gives unbiased reports that are generally respected,
07-08-2019, 03:57 PM - 3 Likes   #918
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Roaming Quote
So who if anyone gives unbiased reports that are generally respected,
Imaging Resource comes to mind.
07-08-2019, 08:34 PM - 5 Likes   #919
Pentaxian

DPR stands for Dislikes Pentax Rewiews ! See....it all makes sense now !

07-08-2019, 09:12 PM - 2 Likes   #920
Pentaxian

Lens rentals. Lens Rentals | Blog
07-09-2019, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #921
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Lens rentals. Lens Rentals | Blog
They don't review Pentax though, do they?

When it comes to lens reviews, I think ephotozine seems to have pretty fair and comprehensive testing of the lenses they review. The biggest negative with them (as with most review sites) is that they only test one copy, not a whole bunch like lens rentals does.
07-09-2019, 03:09 AM   #922
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
They don't review Pentax though, do they?
Sadly they don't. Something about a bench setup not worth the interest for pentax.
I remember at one point they said they would test Pentax if someone will donate the money for equipment.

I do like ephotozine. Unfortunately their tests are over a long period so some are on k5, k5ii, k3, k1 so very hard to compare from 16mb with aa filter to 36mb new sensor. But great for general ideas which is what matters most.

07-09-2019, 03:37 AM   #923

QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
Honestly, before Chris and whatshisname joined DPR, DPR hated Pentax. it's a shame that they followed that agenda. It's always been clear that there's some kind of hatred going on. And them going "who here loves pentax?" as honest as a politician.

TCSTV always gave honest reviews about pentax. I.R. gives honest reviews like so many others, non biased regardless of brand, just not DPR.
When I see DPR put Leica Q2 as gold reward, the biggest joke and ironic thing I have see in camera world
07-09-2019, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #924
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
When I see DPR put Leica Q2 as gold reward, the biggest joke and ironic thing I have see in camera world
They all have something in common: make money no matter what. It's up to customers not to believe anything they say, take a step back and look at reviews from a practical perspective.
07-09-2019, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #925

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
They all have something in common: make money no matter what. It's up to customers not to believe anything they say, take a step back and look at reviews from a practical perspective.
Actually I don't think about too much about cost, Leica is getting pretty arrogant nowadays and...forgive me Leica funs, think about “The Emperor's New Clothes" written by Hans Christian Andersen, this is what I'm really thinking about nowadays Leica, nothing but blind faith.
if you talk about sport car, at least they got good performance, if you think about Luxury bag, at least they get fashion and beauty.
But Leica?
Fallen nobility with incredible worthless pride

Last edited by Karen the Star; 07-09-2019 at 08:57 PM.
07-09-2019, 11:50 AM - 2 Likes   #926
Veteran Member

Actually I don't think about too much about cost, Leica is getting pretty arrogant nowadays and...forbid me Leica funs, think about “The Emperor's New Clothes" written by Hans Christian Andersen, this is what I'm really thinking about nowadays Leica, nothing but blind faith.
if you talk about sport car, at least they got good performance, if you think about Luxury bag, at least they get fashion and beauty.
But Leica?
What made a good photo company to my eyes, was the quality of their lenses. And for this point, I always considered Leica as the top (not for the cameras except SL2 and R6). That is why I kept my Leica-R lenses. I am not disappointed, these lenses are still at the top of quality nowadays, and so versatile, so small for great quality. But as of today, you have to consider the lenses and the camera as well because of the sensor and the way company can manage with it.
As I am concerned, I am very happy to get the best DSLR Pentax K-1 (II) for my needs to give to my Leica-R lenses, the best of the two worlds...
But, there is no sense today to buy Leica systems IMHO as it is unaffordable, it doesn't worth it, unless you are a Leica-M system fan, I can understand it.

Last edited by teiki arii; 07-09-2019 at 12:01 PM.
07-11-2019, 05:07 AM   #927
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Sadly they don't. Something about a bench setup not worth the interest for pentax.[...]
But Roger Cicala who is the Lensrentals owner, used to have a K-3 and is currently using a K-1 among others:
Lens Rentals | Blog

Last edited by Breakfastographer; 07-11-2019 at 05:10 AM. Reason: shortened the quote
07-11-2019, 05:44 AM   #928
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
But Roger Cicala who is the Lensrentals owner, used to have a K-3 and is currently using a K-1 among others:
Lens Rentals | Blog
He's also a fan of the 645Z - regarding it as one of the Top Ten products of the decade.

07-11-2019, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #929
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually I don't think about too much about cost, Leica is getting pretty arrogant nowadays and...forgive me Leica funs, think about “The Emperor's New Clothes" written by Hans Christian Andersen, this is what I'm really thinking about nowadays Leica, nothing but blind faith.
But Leica?
That's been Leica's story since about 1965.
07-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #930
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
That's been Leica's story since about 1965.
Geez...I'm a lucky guy. My Leica Rangefinder is a 1951, albeit a beat up, still functioning well...old camera.