Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2019, 12:51 AM   #991

Photos: Gallery
Pentax have always been a brand which is chosen by those who makes his/her own research, comparison, hands on tests, do the math and make the selection. As a pentaxian for over than 25 years I haven't seen a pentaxian profile out of this. So it doesn't matter who says what. If someone doesn't buy Pentax for these kind of comments, who cares? Let's pass Ibis, Did they tell about the focus signal on mf lenses? No. Did they tell about right hand ergonomy? No.

08-16-2019, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #992
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tayfun Quote
Pentax have always been a brand which is chosen by those who makes his/her own research, comparison, hands on tests, do the math and make the selection. As a pentaxian for over than 25 years I haven't seen a pentaxian profile out of this. So it doesn't matter who says what. If someone doesn't buy Pentax for these kind of comments, who cares? Let's pass Ibis, Did they tell about the focus signal on mf lenses? No. Did they tell about right hand ergonomy? No.
Did anyone say IBIS in the Pentax K-1 (II) is the only one in the world in a FF OVF DSLR camera? No. Did they say everything works with every lens, Pentax mount or not, Leitax mount or not (except AF of course for Manual Focus lenses), which is not the case with Canon/Nikon? No. Did they say that weight with D-BG6 grip is not heavier than Canon EOS EOS5D mkIV nor Canon D850/D810/D800 and most of it: 50% cheaper? No. That Pentax uses "universal" DNG RAW files? No. That PixelShift Classic mode can be processed perfectly in RawTherapee in Linux/MacOsX/Windows OS? No. That mirror mechanism is so smart vs other brands' DSLR cameras? No. And so on ....
08-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #993
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
Did anyone say IBIS in the Pentax K-1 (II) is the only one in the world in a FF OVF DSLR camera? No. Did they say everything works with every lens, Pentax mount or not, Leitax mount or not (except AF of course for Manual Focus lenses), which is not the case with Canon/Nikon? No. Did they say that weight with D-BG6 grip is not heavier than Canon EOS EOS5D mkIV nor Canon D850/D810/D800 and most of it: 50% cheaper? No. That Pentax uses "universal" DNG RAW files? No. That PixelShift Classic mode can be processed perfectly in RawTherapee in Linux/MacOsX/Windows OS? No. That mirror mechanism is so smart vs other brands' DSLR cameras? No. And so on ....
It's painfully apparent that DPReview is, to be as generous as possible, biased towards a few brands. All the features that you mentioned, and it is not a complete list by any means, while definite real world advantages, are just not deemed to be important by them since their favourites don't have those features.
08-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #994
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fotofotofoto Quote
I think for 1250 for the K1 it should get an award for best old camera 2018
Clear. I have the K1 II and the K1 , I still use the K1, shutter count going towards 60K. I've customized the info menu and user modes, and I know at which settings my K1 performs best so I am able to max out the quality I get out of it. When the settings are right, the K1 delivers in the IQ department. At 1250E, it's a good camera, no doubt about it.

08-16-2019, 09:27 AM - 2 Likes   #995
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But its missing the feature a modern camera needs: pdaf banding/striping :-)
08-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #996
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fotofotofoto Quote
I bought the K1 because it was 500 cheaper than the Mark II. I think for 1250 for the K1 it should get an award for best old camera 2018 The new one is still a good deal but the upgrades are not worth 500 I'd say. If it had better Video then may be.
The K-1 II with the accelerator rendered certain images I did not like and did not want the extra veneer of image alteration/computer control. The K-1 to me was more than adequate so I sold the K-1 II and bought the K-1 for about $500 less. I have stayed up-to-date with the firmware and the K-1 renders exactly what I need. The incremental enhancements of the K-1 II (hand held pixel shift/enhanced ISO is prominent) may not be enough for many buyers. Still, I am hopeful that RICOH will give us a camera worthy of the 2019 crown. Certainly a APS-c is in the offing, perhaps a K-1 III with more pixels, faster AF and better video (though the K-1 as a bulky, cumbersome video camera is of dubious value).
I have always admired LEICA for their evolutionary, incremental improvement of a camera line. I think RICOH shares that vision in an ever shrinking DSLR stand-alone camera market, and steadily improving a camera line (FF or APS-c) may not be exciting to some here, but to me, it shows backward and frontal compatibility.
08-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #997
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It's painfully apparent that DPReview is, to be as generous as possible, biased towards a few brands. All the features that you mentioned, and it is not a complete list by any means, while definite real world advantages, are just not deemed to be important by them since their favourites don't have those features.
Because actually, they are not photographers! They speak about features as you said but not of the real potential/capability of the camera...

Last edited by teiki arii; 08-17-2019 at 02:48 AM.