Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 872 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
At this point, if you know what DPR says, it's your own fault.
You need to be introducing yourself with " My name is_________ and I am a DPR addict."
We can't keep up with the malicious information, but we can help you quit reading it. .
Whoa, Norm! I'm totally not a reader of DPR and the only times which I can count on one hand have I ever ventured there and it was to read a link someone here had posted. Now, if you were posting this in jest I can understand. My ignorance is bliss comment was directed toward the guy who told @biz-engineer to throw his K-1 in the trash and buy a Nikon. If it were't for the smiley faces everywhere I'd consider those "fightin words"

Merry Christmas to you.

12-24-2018, 01:31 PM - 3 Likes   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Whoa, Norm! I'm totally not a reader of DPR and the only times which I can count on one hand have I ever ventured there and it was to read a link someone here had posted. Now, if you were posting this in jest I can understand. My ignorance is bliss comment was directed toward the guy who told @biz-engineer to throw his K-1 in the trash and buy a Nikon. If it were't for the smiley faces everywhere I'd consider those "fightin words"

Merry Christmas to you.
Lucky I put in those smileys. I have two torn rotator cuffs and a new hip. I'm not sure I could win a fight with my 9 year old grand daughter.
12-24-2018, 01:55 PM - 2 Likes   #93
Veteran Member

Whole lot of noise about this award thing. If it truly is false information, better leave it be and not play the warhorn too eagerly. You are just spreading the wildfire by barking at a dead tree with a skeletal cat hanging somewhere up there. Write up a letter to Pentax instead with 50k signatures in it asking for proper MK-3 model instead.
12-24-2018, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Whole lot of noise about this award thing. If it truly is false information, better leave it be and not play the warhorn too eagerly. You are just spreading the wildfire by barking at a dead tree with a skeletal cat hanging somewhere up there. Write up a letter to Pentax instead with 50k signatures in it asking for proper MK-3 model instead.
You should post over at DPR. You'd be with the few like minded K-1ii owners who agree with their assessment, which in case you haven't noticed is shared by only few actual Pentax users. There are several here who now own 2 K-1ii s and sold their K-1 to get the second one. If you count the happy K-1ii owners and the dissatisfied, you'll quickly realize most actual K-1ii owners will not be part of your hoped for 50k users. They'll be more likely to write and say "good job." It doesn't matter what you do, there will always be small minority who don't like it. There's no cure for that.

Last edited by normhead; 12-24-2018 at 02:08 PM.
12-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Vanka
12-24-2018, 02:41 PM - 4 Likes   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Bah, more ado about nothing. DPR does not like the Ricoh / Pentax way of doing things, they haven't for years. They ignore the superior ergonomics (probably worth half a stop in manual stabilisation), they ignore the capabilities of both the Green button and the Pentax Program line automation. They harp on about some high ISO RAW file optimisation but neglect to point out that the some of mirrorless brigade require lens optimisation at the lowest ISO to fix optical design decisions.
Ah well, it is the world we live in. People are dumbed down, don't or won't research and require instant gratification so AI will make your decisions in future, you won't be able to drive a car, fly a plane or take a picture without help. Works for the lowest common demoninator, they have to protected from themselves
12-24-2018, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #97
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
Well I very long time in this forums
I not understand why you worry or waste time about this revie
All outside this forums review mostly bios
You can find only really deep honest review here or from another brand on own forums brand
Here thousand people who love Pentax and worry about this branches share absolutely terrific experience about Pentax
So why we waste time about DP review
It’s not effective for Pentax sale anyway
If some want Pentax they go to forums sand look
Same as my friend look Sony and go to read review in Sony forums to find out real positive and negative staff
Mike
True dstar. I only read DPR during my 4/3 days. That's when I began to take notice of their bias and how they bully smaller brands. That's why I don't bother to read there anymore.

12-25-2018, 12:07 AM - 3 Likes   #98
Pentaxian

DPR is a site that used to specialize in the review of digital cameras, and now that they work for amazon they are reviewing a range of products from cameras to mobile phones to drones, and who knows if their next product range is going to span from sex toys to flight tickets to space and gear for survival in space. The trend of DPR review quality is going to teenage rapper level, given that they moved from normal reviews to drunken reviews, who knows when they are going to review cameras after sniffing white powder (because sniffing white powder is cool?). According to DPR, any product that is more than one year old is obsolete (have Sony made ILC systems life time from 10 years to one year disposable cameras?), any if a still camera that doesn't have 4K video it can't take good photographs, and the swiss army knife is awarded best cooking knife of the year because it has a spoon included? For me, the reviews of DPR are total zero, and being middle of my life, I don't really appreciate teenage rapper style reviews anymore.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 12-25-2018 at 12:19 AM.
12-25-2018, 01:03 AM - 1 Like   #99
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
by barking at a dead tree with a skeletal cat hanging somewhere up there.
I think that should be your next fine art shoot, MJKoski - dead tree, skeletal cat, but at minus thirty degrees.

There are not many photographers who are as dedicated as you, got to give credit!

12-25-2018, 05:42 AM - 2 Likes   #100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

At this point, there is no particular reason to have a "worst of" list unless you really want to stir folks up. I suppose that is the point here and so it was successful in that regard. As for the K-1 II, it was released at a very good price point and has a good still quality as anything else on the market - as a Mark II, it isn't expected to have amazing improvements over Mark I (see Pentax K5 II and K3 II). Full frame cameras are updated typically at 3 year intervals and so the fact that they released anything at 2 years is not anything here or there.

The noise reduction that is "baked in" is not an issue for 95 percent of users and the remaining 5 percent weren't going to buy a Pentax anyway. Having shot with a K-1 and K-1 II for quite awhile now, I like the K-1 II files a bit better as they do have less noise at high iso with less work on my part.

Regardless, as I said at the beginning of this post, unless you are trying to stir up a group of photographers, there is no reason to call a camera "Worst of." Pentax happens to be an easy target, but it doesn't really matter who they chose, just choose the cameras you like and disregard to the rest.
12-25-2018, 06:16 AM   #101
Pentaxian

Right.
For those popular YouTube channels and web sites whose primary purpose is to gather views/fame (not sure how people might mistake that as 'educating'), controversy is the easiest way.
12-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
At this point, there is no particular reason to have a "worst of" list unless you really want to stir folks up.
I agree. It is nothing more than click bait.
12-25-2018, 08:47 AM   #103
Pentaxian

So, what if everybody stops posting here ?
12-25-2018, 09:09 AM   #104
Pentaxian

That would be good. 7 pages late, but better late than never.
And the ultimate strategy is to never think or speak or write about those three letters that shall not be spoken again.
Forum Rule #876
Should a forum member put the banned three letters in the title of a thread or attempt to use them as a reference in the body of a post, the nearest living forum member will be responsible for applying 10 lashes with a wet noodle.
12-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That would be good. 7 pages late, but better late than never.
And the ultimate strategy is to never think or speak or write about those three letters that shall not be spoken again.
Forum Rule #876
Should a forum member put the banned three letters in the title of a thread or attempt to use them as a reference in the body of a post, the nearest living forum member will be responsible for applying 10 lashes with a wet noodle.
You might need to specify in the rule that no matter what sequence those three letters are always forbidden! Rather than a SAVAGE noodle lashing couldn't we just put a curse on them instead, some of use may be too old for that intensive physical activity??