Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #211
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
People are looking for a camera to suit their needs -> they will find it if they look and research hard enough. There is plenty of variety in dSLRs, MILCs, P&S as well as the format (4/3, APS-C, FF, MF, 67, etc).
Of course Pentax is not going to cover everyone's needs, and it doesn't hope to with its limited product range. But other brands have the scope to collectively cater for everyone's photographic demands.

12-27-2018, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #212
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't think Pentax cameras will review well on DP Review for the foreseeable future.
If Ricoh bring out a body that ticks the boxes,theres no reason it wont review well.

K-1/KP/K70 all rated a silver award at the relative time....IF the video capability of those 3 bodies was 4K capable all 3 may have rated a gold???
12-27-2018, 04:08 PM - 2 Likes   #213
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
IF the video capability of those 3 bodies was 4K capable all 3 may have rated a gold???
At least 2 could be Gold.
12-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #214
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If Ricoh bring out a body that ticks the boxes,theres no reason it wont review well.

K-1/KP/K70 all rated a silver award at the relative time....IF the video capability of those 3 bodies was 4K capable all 3 may have rated a gold???
The sensors in none of those cameras was 4K capable. To have such a sensor would increase the cost by quite a bit. Maybe they would rate gold, but not sell as well either.

12-27-2018, 07:25 PM   #215
Pentaxian

The sensors in none of those cameras was 4K capable.
The 36mp K-1 wasnt...how do you know about the other 2?
12-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #216
Veteran Member

Oh come on everyone, It doesn't matter.

Enjoy photography.

I simply dare you :P
12-27-2018, 08:30 PM - 2 Likes   #217
Pentaxian

The sensors in none of those cameras was 4K capable. To have such a sensor would increase the cost by quite a bit. Maybe they would rate gold, but not sell as well either.
I'm not sure whether the "problem" is sensor or processor - not that it matters a whole lot.
As far as I'm concerned, if someone wants to make high-quality video, purchase something labeled "camcorder".

Last edited by reh321; 12-28-2018 at 07:42 AM.
12-27-2018, 09:35 PM   #218
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What DPR says about the K-1 II wouldn't stop me from buying one. Their reviews aren't what they used to be. Buy what works for you.
Thanks,
barondla
12-27-2018, 10:52 PM - 1 Like   #219
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
What DPR says about the K-1 II wouldn't stop me from buying one. Their reviews aren't what they used to be. Buy what works for you.
Thanks,
barondla
Spot on. The K-1 suits a good variety of photographers, probably most existing Pentaxians, but even more broadly including landscape and even sports photographers (if you can get a hold of the lenses for the genres). But everyone makes a value judgement on whether it suits their own needs and I for one have decided it is worth the investment, despite not being able to test drive it beforehand. It's been a long time coming, but after all the doomsday talk it was definitely not too late.
12-28-2018, 03:05 AM - 3 Likes   #220
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
What is worrying is that he got two likes.
Yes, it was mirrorless propaganda, so you'll notice @surfar is a supporter of Punk Rachmaninov.
Attached Images

12-28-2018, 03:12 AM   #221
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yes, it was mirrorless propaganda, so you'll notice @surfar is a supporter of Punk Rachmaninov.
yes, i gave him a like

just like Ive given likes to plenty whose comments are relevant.THAT includes you, Kunzite and many others that can make comments i can see some merit in.
12-28-2018, 04:03 AM   #222
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The 36mp K-1 wasnt...how do you know about the other 2?
I don't know for certain, however based on frame rates (KP 7 fps and K70 6 fps) versus 11 fps for cameras like the A6300 and A6500. Unless you have done a tear down of each of the cameras, it is hard to say for sure. However based on specs and pricing, I feel pretty certain that pentax (as usual) has used an older sensor that has slower read out and is therefore not 4K capable. Which makes sense, since their PRIME engine isn't 4K compatible either.
12-28-2018, 04:09 AM   #223
Pentaxian

their PRIME engine isn't 4K compatible either.
I wasnt aware of that...the sensor in the KP was reported to be new,it may be 4K capable.Without the processing power though it doesnt matter.

2019 may bring something new?
12-28-2018, 04:11 AM - 3 Likes   #224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
the Pentax ecosystem there is no other choise than K1, and that is the issue that Pentax FF shooters have..
I get your point, but I have the same issue with Sony: I wanted a 36Mpixels full frame camera and unfortunately Sony don't have one, they only have 24Mpixels and 42Mpixels. Sony never have what I want anyway. It happens that when I wanted a 36Mpixels CMOS sensor with long battery life, rugged body and good handle and ergonimic, Ricoh just release that camera. On the day of purchase , the vendor gave be a Sony A7 and a Pentax K1 to try, the Sony felt awkward in the hand, and the Pentax K1 grips and dials fitted my hand so perfectly that I bought it, Pentax did not need to have three awkward camera models like Sony, only one Pentax perfect fit model was enough for me. And if your concern is about the price is too high, the Pentax K1 is cheaper than the 24Mp model of Sony (A7III), that's a problem.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 12-28-2018 at 04:32 AM.
12-28-2018, 07:38 AM - 4 Likes   #225
Pentaxian

yes, i gave him a like

just like Ive given likes to plenty whose comments are relevant.THAT includes you, Kunzite and many others that can make comments i can see some merit in.
Would it be fair to say you like posts that are critical of Pentax then, and don't think points of view supporting Pentax users are relevant? Don't you have someplace else to be?

I'd be interested in seeing one of your posts that actually supports the Pentax community.

For example, you didn't find this one relevant.
DP Review puts K-1 Mark II as second worst camera of 2018 - Page 11 - PentaxForums.com

QuoteQuote:
If 98% of camera users use other systems. If only 2% of the world decides Pentax is for them, we'd still like to have safe place to come and discuss our Pentax gear without harassment or judgement. We can share technique, lens knowledge, stories and and disappointments. We don't need any help from self appointed geniuses, who think they have some special knowledge that's lets them tell everyone else what to think. And there will still be 2% for whom Pentax is the best fit, regardless of how insane people with different needs might think that is.
You like it when people are rude and call names etc. but a simple statement of support for the forum, doesn't get a "like ' from you? Why not?

How is that irrelevant?

What's your real agenda here?

Logic would suggest you are both anti-Pentax and anti-forum. Why else would you "like" such a vitriolic post?

If Pentax just is what it is, doesn't do anything splashy, doesn't make any new technological waves, will you continue to use Pentax product and why? That's the question I've never seen you answer. All you and the folks you "like" seem to do is tell us what Pentax has to do to meet your expectations. To a person happy shooting Pentax, that's what is truly irrelevant.

Post one of your images taken with technologies Pentax has to have , that I couldn't take with my Pentax that is going to make me say "I have to have that." Show us these marvellous technological outcomes all us Pentax users are missing out on. At least then you'd have an ounce of credibility.

Last edited by normhead; 12-28-2018 at 07:51 AM.