Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2019, 11:09 AM   #331
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Pentax is the rare company that looks out for the fiscal health of their customers. They know that releasing bodies and lenses at the rate of Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Leica, Panasonic, Sigma, Tamron... that would just open us up to the risk of spending more than we can afford. They know we have houses and cars, groceries and college savings, utility bills and gas to pay for. If they released a high-end APS-C body more than once every five years some of us might be living on the street, begging for food. Thank you Pentax, thank you.
I'm not worse off than I was five years ago when I didn't know that cameras branded "Pentax" were still being made, and assumed that my next camera would be another Canon.

02-28-2019, 11:09 AM   #332
Veteran Member

OK, December 2020 will be the Pentax month with a new DSLR. It will be the next DSLR, in 2025, with a 100% market share, the others will be on ML.
02-28-2019, 11:12 AM - 5 Likes   #333
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There were no questions concerning the 645 or Q during the Q&A, therefore the person in charge was 'hot'.
「ほっ」としてました (hotto shite mashita) means that somebody was relieved, not being 'hot'.

In this case, the Ricoh guy Iwasaki-san was worried if somebody (Tanaka-san or audience) asks anything about 645 or Q, but nobody did, thus he looked relieved. Not a good sign in my view.

In another tweet Tanaka-san wrote that the response from Iwasaki-san was 木で鼻を括ったよう, which is a Japanese saying about manners that is unfriendly, or cold without any sign of enthusiasm.

It's impossible that a Ricoh person is unfriendly to an interviewer Ricoh chose on stage. So the remaining possibility is that Tanaka-san thought that Iwasaki-san was telling Ricoh party line without allowing any wiggle room to reach more interesting bits.

Let's see what Tanaka-san manages to achieve with Iwasaki-san in the next sessions.
02-28-2019, 11:15 AM - 2 Likes   #334
Pentaxian

Swell! A KP with a Lexus steering wheel and a diamond-like carbon mount flange!

Pentax KP with Citizen-derived DLC "black" lens mount material (right).

02-28-2019, 11:18 AM   #335
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by woodworm Quote
Thanks - I will have to trust you (I can't read that!)
If you go to Twitter, Microsoft provides a translating service which tells the same story @Mistral75 has been telling.
02-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #336
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
OK, December 2020 will be the Pentax month with a new DSLR. It will be the next DSLR, in 2025, with a 100% market share, the others will be on ML.
Did Ricoh say they won't be producing MILC??
02-28-2019, 11:23 AM - 2 Likes   #337
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Not before 2020 is a bummer. Of course, they'll say it'll be worth the wait, but it would be nice to know why. For example, which direction are they headed in processor-wise? (Not that I think they'll say anything about that...)
Yes, it would certainly be nice to know what we're waiting for. Superior tracking autofocus? Hybrid viewfinder? High frame rates and fast buffers? New takes on pixel shift that push the boundaries of computational photography and image stacking?

If they'd commit to something it might keep a lot of people on board, instead of figuring out if/when/how they need to jump to another brand between now and the end of 2020.

02-28-2019, 11:24 AM   #338
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
「ほっ」としてました (hotto shite mashita) means that somebody was relieved, not being 'hot'.

In this case, the Ricoh guy Iwasaki-san was worried if somebody (Tanaka-san or audience) asks anything about 645 or Q, but nobody did, thus he looked relieved. Not a good sign in my view.

In another tweet Tanaka-san wrote that the response from Iwasaki-san was 木で鼻を括ったよう, which is a Japanese saying about manners that is unfriendly, or cold without any sign of enthusiasm.

It's impossible that a Ricoh person is unfriendly to an interviewer Ricoh chose on stage. So the remaining possibility is that Tanaka-san thought that Iwasaki-san was telling Ricoh party line without allowing any wiggle room to reach more interesting bits.

Let's see what Tanaka-san manages to achieve with Iwasaki-san in the next sessions.
Thank you very much for your explanations.
02-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #339
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Concerning Q series, Tanak-san replied to somebody's tweet asking about Q series plan.
QuoteQuote:
Twitter
Qシリーズの今後の展開が気になる (Curious about the future prospects of Q series). まさと@masatochou

それは「ない」です・・・。(That is "none"...) 田中希美男@thisistanaka
Thank you very much for your explanations.
You're welcome.
02-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #340
Pentaxian

@kwb, please how do you precisely translate this one (which includes the 木で鼻を括ったよう sequence you explained before)?

ありがとう。 あの木で鼻を括ったような回答ではぼくは大いに不満。明日、もっと具体的な「ナニか」を話してもらうように挑戦してみるつもり。あれじゃあ、おもしろくないもんね。

Kimio Tanaka seems not to be amused, upset rather, but beyond that?
02-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #341

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
ちくしょう!

Oh well.
I had to Google that! Yes I am rather good looking - how did you know?
02-28-2019, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #342
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@kwb, please how do you precisely translate this one (which includes the 木で鼻を括ったよう sequence you explained before)?

ありがとう。 あの木で鼻を括ったような回答ではぼくは大いに不満。明日、もっと具体的な「ナニか」を話してもらうように挑戦してみるつもり。あれじゃあ、おもしろくないもんね。

Kimio Tanaka seems not to be amused, upset rather, but beyond that?
Let me try. In the below, "deviate from their party line" is not a literal translation, see my explanation about 木で鼻を括ったよう in my previous post.

"Thank you. I'm totally dissatisfied with that kind of answer that didn't deviate from their party line. Tomorrow, I'll take the challenge to let him tell us "something" more concrete/substantial. It wasn't interesting at all like that, was it?"

No he isn't amused, and he wants to get to more substantial bits (probably about next APS-C).

In another tweet he says he will change his tactics in order to extract more interesting stuff from Iwasaki-san. I don't know what that means exactly, but my guess is that he already knows "hey what's going on with K-3II successor" type question doesn't do anything useful however hard he pushes, and he will craft his questions differently.
Twitter
02-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #343
Pentaxian

I suppose that there is A lot going on at Ricoh right now. Big developement. Also other companies are taking big steps, and Ricoh (just like with DFA*50) want to make sure that they will nail it when it comes out. Don't want to leak too much now. As they have been quite silent always. Now there might be one of biggest steps in front of them. I suppose that AF system is going to go through big change, and SR. If they will nail that with K-3 successor, there will be also 645 coming, it will serve well also FF line. It has been done before that they try out these things first with aps-c body.

Save your money now for lenses...or that GR iii
02-28-2019, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #344
Pentaxian

@kwb

Thank you, much appreciated.
02-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #345
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Save your money now for lenses...or that GR iii
and someone who wants a new APS body now can purchase a KP ..... or jump to another mount.

I don't consider GR to be an adequate substitute for an ILC.