Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 324 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2019, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The most recent Pentax camera was announced a year ago. Are we assuming that a couple more FF cameras are announced before the K-3ii replacement?
I’m not assuming anything any more. I think that’s the point. They actually tell us things pretty directly for Japanese culture but we don’t hear well. I believe there will be at least one APSc, a 645 and a FF or two in the next three years. I’m guessing a new camera body announced in summer to facilitate holiday order period in late August.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-07-2019 at 08:11 PM.
02-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
If size and weight is a major priority doesn't the K-70 accomplish much the same at a lesser price? I don't think it's bigger than the KP, but maybe I'm wrong.
Right now, a couple hundred dollars separate the K-70 and the KP, which purchases an upgrade from consumer quality to something close to the quality of the K-7/5/3 family.

In addition, the KP has better Noise Reduction, a quieter shutter, more focusing points, and an available battery grip.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/379456-why-wasn...ml#post4523162

Last edited by reh321; 02-07-2019 at 08:10 PM.
02-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #93
Veteran Member

I will be going on the Sunday all being well.
Do my best to get more than one sticker. They will probably only give one per visitor, bit seeing it will be the last day I will do my best.

Anyone else going?
02-07-2019, 11:33 PM   #94
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Such a roller coaster ride with you, Reh!

Didn't I read a couple of days ago you saying there'd be a K-3 successor this year, even without evidence?
Do you really think that I'm Pentax fanatic and collect all interviews for all years to offer the proof immediately on any demand?
I think Adam could confirm my words. It was several years ago...

02-08-2019, 12:33 AM - 3 Likes   #95
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Do you really think that I'm Pentax fanatic and collect all interviews for all years to offer the proof immediately on any demand?
I repeat, yes, I want to see your proof. Can't say it any simpler.

It's true, I don't trust what you say any more than anyone else does around here.

At least you're not on my Ignore list. That's something. I reckon you're pretty popular on those.

I can see you take pictures of your part of the world and I enjoy them.

Last edited by clackers; 02-08-2019 at 01:45 AM.
02-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #96
ogl
Banned

I repeat, yes, I want to see your proof! Can't say it any simpler.
If you want to know be more inquisitive....
02-08-2019, 12:40 AM   #97
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If you want to know be more inquisitive....
Your claim, not anyone else's.

It's a concept called Burden of Proof.

02-08-2019, 02:05 AM   #98
ogl
Banned

Your claim, not anyone else's.

It's a concept called Burden of Proof.
you are confusing things. it's not juridical forum.
02-08-2019, 02:11 AM   #99
Pentaxian

you are confusing things. it's not juridical forum.
FYI the burden of proof concept doesn't apply only in law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy)
02-08-2019, 03:01 AM   #100
Pentaxian

I don’t know how typical I am, but my K-5 still serves me so well that I’m not super eager to get a new APS-C camera. The K10D to K-5 upgrade was significant, but the K-5 is still “good enough” for my needs. The K-1 is tempting, though. And, btw, my daughter may also serve as an example of how difficult it may be to sell upgrades: She’s a semi-professional photographer, but still uses the NEX-7 she bought when it was brand new in late 2011 (she’s added some really good lenses since then, though).
02-08-2019, 03:38 AM - 3 Likes   #101
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mickey Quote
I will be going on the Sunday all being well.
Do my best to get more than one sticker. They will probably only give one per visitor, bit seeing it will be the last day I will do my best.

Anyone else going?
I値l probably go on the Saturday. I知 going to try and watch more of the presentations this time, because I知 on a better position to understand them.
02-08-2019, 04:38 AM   #102
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I値l probably go on the Saturday. I知 going to try and watch more of the presentations this time, because I知 on a better position to understand them.
So maybe can you make that interview with Ricoh for Pforums this year ?
02-08-2019, 06:40 AM   #103

What is your proof of this?

Even Sony - who produce more products than anyone - have not released an entry-level camera since 2014.
Because entry level DSLR those days does not sell.
If you are complete beginner, you just use smartphone.
If smartphone is not good enought, you buy some "compact" camera like nikon P900 or buy some DSLR/MILC, but you already know something about photography and you don't need entry level camera.

I think entry levels are not so much cheaper to design than more advanced cameras. And they don't sell so much of it as they was few years ago.

And about Sony - in this case i think entry level is previous (or even previous) generation camera. They just sell A7 and A7 II much cheaper, than latest A7 III and that's all. They don't have to degisn anything new. Maybe Pentax could do the same - sell K1 or K3 or KP much cheaper after introducing new model? Hard to say how much of price are design costs, and how much are production costs.

Last edited by MatKus; 02-08-2019 at 06:47 AM.
02-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MatKus Quote
Because entry level DSLR those days does not sell.
If you are complete beginner, you just use smartphone.
If smartphone is not good enought, you buy some "compact" camera like nikon P900 or buy some DSLR/MILC, but you already know something about photography and you don't need entry level camera.

I think entry levels are not so much cheaper to design than more advanced cameras. And they don't sell so much of it as they was few years ago.

And about Sony - in this case i think entry level is previous (or even previous) generation camera. They just sell A7 and A7 II much cheaper, than latest A7 III and that's all. They don't have to degisn anything new. Maybe Pentax could do the same - sell K1 or K3 or KP much cheaper after introducing new model? Hard to say how much of price are design costs, and how much are production costs.
Right, isn't it reassuring that Pentax can't just sell the previous generation as a cheap entry level line? I mean, what does it tell us about the value of assamblage work and parts in comparison to the original price if Sony can do that
02-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think Adam could confirm my words. It was several years ago...
Hmmmmm.....@Ogl.....Perhaps you should respond to the proper post when replying. Its rather hard trying to follow your replies. The reply you responded to was concerning @Clackers post to @REH there was no reference to you in that post. Just trying to be helpful.

Last edited by Larrymc; 02-08-2019 at 07:04 AM. Reason: clarification