Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #271
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And by the way, this November there's some sort of an anniversary.
Well you are a little off by the date, but earlier this year it is the 80th anniversary of Ricoh camera. I think Ricoh-Imaging would like to celebrate that.....or does no one care.

Gokoku and Ricohl - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

(There is always some date or event to find wich you can celebrate with some anniversary)

02-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #272
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Sorry for answering again the same message but you edited it when I was responding to the original version.

What do we know? We know with certainty that:
  1. Ricoh Imaging are using the Pentax brand for ILCs, their lenses and accessories
  2. The Pentax trademark still belongs to Hoya
  3. Hence there has to be some kind of a brand licence agreement signed by and between Hoya and Ricoh (of subsidiaries of these companies), organising the use of the Pentax brand by Ricoh and their subsidiaries
  4. A fellow member has stated that this licence agreement (he used the terms 'lease contract') expires in 2020
  5. This fellow member is well known here and has revealed many pieces of information, most of them about soon-to-be-launched products
  6. Another member, which I won't qualify , has talked several times, on this forum and on other (mainly French) forums, about the Pentax trademark belonging to Hoya and Ricoh Imaging using it with permission, the last time being around eight hours before the first fellow member made his statement about the end date of the licence agreement.

Then it's up to each one of us to make up his/her mind.
And everyone will make it up very differently no doubt!

Perhaps though, it would not be a bad thing if K-mount would continue under the Ricoh name, after all, using their own brand name might stimulate more investment.

Chris
02-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #273
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And by the way, this November there's some sort of an anniversary.
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well you are a little off by the date, but earlier this year it is the 80th anniversary of Ricoh camera. I think Ricoh-Imaging would like to celebrate that.....or does no one care.

Gokoku and Ricohl - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

(There is always some date or event to find wich you can celebrate with some anniversary)
Ron, as you know perfectly well, this coming November is the 100th anniversary of the founding of Asahi Optics - the company that started the "Pentax" brand - and Ricoh has already announced plans to observe it.

Yes, you can always find some kind of anniversary, but Centenaries are special.
02-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #274
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
And everyone will make it up very differently no doubt!

Perhaps though, it would not be a bad thing if K-mount would continue under the Ricoh name, after all, using their own brand name might stimulate more investment.

Chris
Personally, I have no issue with placing both "Ricoh" and "Pentax" on the front; afterall, as late as the K1000, the front said both "Asahi" and "Pentax".

There are those who freaked out when Ricoh put their name on the back
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "Ricoh" on the back of the screen turns me off. Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.
but they are avoiding reality.

02-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #275
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I can't hear you.
Well, won't, actually.
02-25-2019, 12:50 PM   #276

Photos: Albums
I can't hear you.
Well, won't, actually.
I can't hear him either as there is no sound but I am able to read what he said
02-25-2019, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #277
Veteran Member

But no, taking the risk of disappointing you, I must confess that I am not the source of Ooku's statement.
Ooku means "inner chamber" . No need to quote a source. That is why Ooku is able to come up with accurate information on new products.
We are being fed "chicken feed" from "Control" guys!

Last edited by BROO; 02-25-2019 at 02:50 PM.
02-25-2019, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #278
Pentaxian

Sorry for answering again the same message but you edited it when I was responding to the original version.

What do we know? We know with certainty that:
  1. Ricoh Imaging are using the Pentax brand for ILCs, their lenses and accessories
  2. The Pentax trademark still belongs to Hoya
  3. Hence there has to be some kind of a brand licence agreement signed by and between Hoya and Ricoh (of subsidiaries of these companies), organising the use of the Pentax brand by Ricoh and their subsidiaries
  4. A fellow member has stated that this licence agreement (he used the terms 'lease contract') expires in 2020
  5. This fellow member is well known here and has revealed many pieces of information, most of them about soon-to-be-launched products
  6. Another member, which I won't qualify , has talked several times, on this forum and on other (mainly French) forums, about the Pentax trademark belonging to Hoya and Ricoh Imaging using it with permission, the last time being around eight hours before the first fellow member made his statement about the end date of the licence agreement.

Then it's up to each one of us to make up his/her mind.
listen well, don't spread, or will be sealed.
haha.
02-25-2019, 05:38 PM   #279
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only thing that really matters is the K-mount.
02-25-2019, 05:41 PM   #280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The only thing that really matters is the K-mount.
pretty much. making a true mirrorless would be good but K would be relegated to adaptors . that said it should ve considered because mirrorless is a huge portion and growing of the market (im biased obviously as a fuji guy now..... but every brand except.pentax is there
02-25-2019, 06:13 PM - 1 Like   #281
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A Ricoh-Branded MILC system with an (expensive) KAFx adapter wouldn’t surprise me at all.
02-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #282
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
pretty much. making a true mirrorless would be good but K would be relegated to adaptors . that said it should ve considered because mirrorless is a huge portion and growing of the market (im biased obviously as a fuji guy now..... but every brand except.pentax is there
Pentax could make another K-mount MILC if they wanted a MILC; I don't see any gain to a new mount.
02-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #283
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Pentax could make another K-mount MILC if they wanted a MILC; I don't see any gain to a new mount.
size and weight and ability to adapt . canon nikon sony all went there. fuji pretty much exploded once they went there. the k01 was interesting but not the market
monochrome tho is right a mirrorles w a kaf adaptor is a distinct possibility

02-25-2019, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #284
Pentaxian

size and weight and ability to adapt . canon nikon sony all went there. fuji pretty much exploded once they went there. the k01 was interesting but not the market
I am quite sure that lack of EVF is what doomed the K-01.
We have been over this ground lots of times.
Canon {EOS-M} and Sony {NEX-5} had similar cameras {i.e., without EVF}, and those also lingered, but those companies hung in there and came out with winners when they put EVF on later models.

Considering problems Pentax has had coming out with DFA lenses, I don't see how they could possibly add yet another line of lenses.
02-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a distinct possibility that the earth's magnetic poles will reverse tomorrow but not likely.