02-28-2019, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #316
Banned

Photos: Gallery
And they have stickers......

02-28-2019, 04:31 AM - 1 Like   #317
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote

......, Iwasaki-san. He said his agenda will be:

① What are your plans for the future lens?
② What are the plans for the next SLR camera?
③ How about mirrorless camera?
Did someone from Pentax / Ricoh answer these questions? I would like to know if I still spend money on Pentax equipment or I will have to buy from others.
02-28-2019, 09:36 AM - 3 Likes   #318
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
(...)

This image is from Kimio Tanaka's Twitter. He is going to be on stage interviewing one of the Ricoh Imaging product planners, Iwasaki-san. He said his agenda will be:

① What are your plans for the future lens?
② What are the plans for the next SLR camera?
③ How about mirrorless camera?
④ What is the future development of GR?
⑤ "Q & A" with everyone at the venue

If they are going to allow that agenda, presumably they are prepared to give some kind of answers. They are going to be accepting audience questions via smartphones using a QR code.
Judging by the series of tweets he posted in the afternoon, Kimio Tanaka wasn't exactly pleased with the outcome of his on-stage interview and the answers he received today.

The successor to K-3 II is still said to be under development. It's expected to be released next year. It's said to be worth waiting for.

There were no questions concerning the 645 or Q during the Q&A, therefore the person in charge was 'hot' 'relieved'.

Ricoh Imaging plan to sell the KP Custom this year but they haven't decided yet how they will proceed: limited edition? built on order?

Last edited by Mistral75; 02-28-2019 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Correction of mistake further to kwb's explanation
02-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #319
Pentaxian

A bit disappointed about the new APS-C flagship not being ready this year. This can be explained by extensive changes - new platform, new AF I hope. But sorry, I'll be a bit grumpy until 2020.

Be of good cheer, Pentaxians; Ricoh has a plan and next year you'll be happy. Just not this year. Next.

02-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #320
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Judging by the series of tweets he posted in the afternoon, Kimio Tanaka wasn't exactly pleased with the outcome of his on-stage interview and the answers he received today.
At least he wasn't a 'shill'.
02-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #321
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
A bit disappointed about the new APS-C flagship not being ready this year. This can be explained by extensive changes - new platform, new AF I hope. But sorry, I'll be a bit grumpy until 2020.
It will be interesting to see if they release any "FF" bodies this year; @Asahiman had said that they've been focusing on "FF" lately.
02-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #322

The successor to K-3 II is still said to be under development. It's expected to be released next year. It's said to be worth waiting for.
Is that a joke?

02-28-2019, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #323
Pentaxian

This sucks, but I can still wait. I think there will be a few that will jump ship, though.

I'm also keeping an eye out on Sony with their upcoming APS-C "flagship" & APS-C lenses. If the a6400 is any indication of where Sony is headed with their AF technology, I can only imagine how much better they will implement it in their next bodies plus having 5-axis IBIS on top of that for when you don't want to lug a tripod.

Looks like 2020 might be the year for Pentax. Might is the keyword here. Hahaha!
02-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #327
Pentaxian

Imaging Resource:
Ricoh Round-Up from CP+: Hands-on with the GR III, new Custom KP DSLRs & 2.5D printing concept
02-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #328
Banned

Photos: Gallery

There were no questions concerning the 645 or Q during the Q&A, therefore the person in charge was 'hot'.

Ricoh Imaging plan to sell the KP Custom this year but they haven't decided yet how they will proceed: limited edition? built on order?
The marketshare for Pentax in a still declining dslr market is almost minuscule. There is no market for extra models without making losses on the current production. I still think that Pentax will grow into a two model brand, one aps-c and one fullframe while both can have a good upgrade over current offers in 2020.

Well it looks to me as if 645 is almost on hybernation as is the Q. Maybe CP+ 2020 will bring some news for 645.
02-28-2019, 11:00 AM - 4 Likes   #329
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woodworm Quote
Is that a joke?
Pentax is the rare company that looks out for the fiscal health of their customers. They know that releasing bodies and lenses at the rate of Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Leica, Panasonic, Sigma, Tamron... that would just open us up to the risk of spending more than we can afford. They know we have houses and cars, groceries and college savings, utility bills and gas to pay for. If they released a high-end APS-C body more than once every five years some of us might be living on the street, begging for food. Thank you Pentax, thank you.
02-28-2019, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #330
Pentaxian

BTW, Mistral75, thank you for all your informative posts. They are really appreciated over here.

Not before 2020 is a bummer. Of course, they'll say it'll be worth the wait, but it would be nice to know why. For example, which direction are they headed in processor-wise? (Not that I think they'll say anything about that...)

QuoteQuote:
Well, if the KP Custom was accompanied by a major firmware update that brought a few new features for all KP owners, maybe that would make the wait for the next APS-C top-end a little easier. Not sure what they could put in there though. Focus bracketing would be my own wish, but it would have to be more than just that, IMHO...