Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2019, 07:56 PM   #136
Pentaxian

Are focus by wire mechanism applicable to Pentax lenses? Would it make a benefit?

01-29-2019, 09:20 PM   #137
Veteran Member

Sign me up for the new (ish) 35... My K1 needs a fast wiser angle prime aside of the DFA 50.
01-29-2019, 09:23 PM - 2 Likes   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Would of it been to much effort to update the motor as well. I don't think that the HD coatings will change the character of this lens which seems to be fairly well regarded. I suppose if it's quite inexpensive they might sell some. This seems to be an attempt to just release something for full frame.
01-29-2019, 09:31 PM - 4 Likes   #139
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The revamp 35 is good surprise news for me, but, is it real?
It is odd to see aperture ring still there. I don’t recall Pentax keep the aperture ring on a revamp lenses after it turn digital. I might be wrong but I just cannot think of one. Besides that, the barrel design is also not in line with any Pentax digital era’s barrel design.
And why green ring? Isn’t green ring is for DA line? Silver for DA L, Red for HD, Gold for DA*? All in all, it is odd to me.
If the 35 got the same treatment as DFA100wr, slick metal barrel design, WR, super loud screw drive is BIG plus.. did I say WR? let me say again… Weather Resistant, It would be a super super good news for me. but for now, I remain highly skeptical of the image I see.

01-29-2019, 09:52 PM - 1 Like   #140

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
You know that how?
Because it was released in 1990, therefore it must be under development in late 80'
01-29-2019, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Are focus by wire mechanism applicable to Pentax lenses? Would it make a benefit?
DA55-300PLM has focus by wire and it works pretty good ... but I like a mechanical ring with stops at both extrems more.
01-29-2019, 10:19 PM   #142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Nokishita Camera just posted a low-res picture.
Do mirrorless systems (often touted for their portability) have such a small and lightweight 35mm option?

01-29-2019, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
The revamp 35 is good surprise news for me, but, is it real?
It is odd to see aperture ring still there. I don’t recall Pentax keep the aperture ring on a revamp lenses after it turn digital. I might be wrong but I just cannot think of one. Besides that, the barrel design is also not in line with any Pentax digital era’s barrel design.
And why green ring? Isn’t green ring is for DA line? Silver for DA L, Red for HD, Gold for DA*? All in all, it is odd to me.
If the 35 got the same treatment as DFA100wr, slick metal barrel design, WR, super loud screw drive is BIG plus.. did I say WR? let me say again… Weather Resistant, It would be a super super good news for me. but for now, I remain highly skeptical of the image I see.
I agree with the WR. A small light WR 35mm prime would be great for a standard walk around lens. Screwdrive would not bother me.

Without WR I would not bother.

To me though the 11-18 is the real big news. I really hope that the 1,500 dollar price tag is wrong and it's more in the 1,000 dollar range.
01-29-2019, 11:07 PM   #144
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
DA55-300PLM has focus by wire and it works pretty good ... but I like a mechanical ring with stops at both extrems more.
What ?
Is that so ?

Thought the 18-50 RE was the only one ?
01-29-2019, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Old FA20/2.8 and FA28/2.8 are not stellar lenses...It must be radically upgraded to be good at FF 36-50 MP cameras...

I had F28/2.8 which was better than FA28, but I can't say that it's really something special and very sharp...FA20 is even worse than F28...
I have had an FA20/2.8 for a number of years. While I agree with your description of it being "not stellar", it also didn't have a price to match that, although it has been regarded highly enough by sufficient numbers of people to maintain a good resale price, even with other offerings like the DA21, in the APS-C era. Stopped down, even a little, it provides good IQ.

If you want something in this focal length with stellar IQ, you have to be prepared to pay for it. A focal length of 20mm presents a challenge to the designer, though probably less so for a DSLR than a short-registration mirrorless design, but even so anything worthy of a DFA* rating is going to have a more limited market, due to its inevitably high price. Ricoh could do worse than to revamp some of its better existing film-era lenses with HD coatings, more (and/or rounder) aperture blades and Quick-shift, and run them as a second-tier lens range. I understand that both Nikon and Canon have a few older lenses in their lineups, though I'm not sure if they've been in any way updated.

New designs with WR and inbuilt AF drives should be designed for the DFA* line, at least at this time.
01-30-2019, 12:13 AM - 2 Likes   #146
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I suspect this is an indication that maybe not all film era lenses are incapable of getting the most out of even the K-3 sensor or even easier the K-1 sensor, despite what kenspo and others boldly proclaim. And it's also curious that folks think the K-1 sensor is more demanding than the K-3 sensor. DO people no know that interns of resolution the K-1 is going back to the K-5, not an advance on the K-3, in anything but the size of the image circle.
Makes sense to me. What I notice with using film era lenses is that they flare easily, but sharpness can be excellent. My M50 1.7 doesn't handler flare and contrast is so so, but sharpness is very good, sharpness on my K1 is still ahead of modern zooms. So, I assume that modern coating applied would strongly reduce flare / ghosting, such a lens would be good. Anyway, no one talking here has seen that lens perform so all the criticism is more about "low effort attitude" from Ricoh than what the lens can do.

Customer reactions are understandable in our modern world: we have never been so domesticated in history of man kind, authoritarian slavery was replaced by mind control of the marketing media (you are totally free to think the same way as everyone else...): the media control how people think. When I had the K200D, I was traveling Morocco, drove off the shore of Essaouira into country inner land inhabited by farmers who helped each other for farming for producing the food that they need, carrying wheat and water with donkeys. A farmer lead me to see hit wheat mill he was proud to show me the date of manufacture of the mill machinery: 1962. They be using and maintaining the same mill for 40 years, and it was still working. The thought that in Europe we depreciate equipment over about 5 years, let me thinking for awhile.
01-30-2019, 12:20 AM - 1 Like   #147
Pentaxian

In order to make a story out of it, add a revamped 20 to the 35. A droplet in this direction and in the other direction is difficult to grasp.
01-30-2019, 12:33 AM   #148
Pentaxian

There are few more pictures of those two on Nokishita blog 35 seems to be indeed screwdrive lens.
01-30-2019, 12:39 AM   #149

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's the new flagship APS-C camera I was hoping to see not more lenses :-(
01-30-2019, 12:42 AM - 1 Like   #150
Pentaxian

There is still quite some time for 2019 to be a year of new Pentax aps-c dslr introduction