Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Release of the DA* 11-18 was significantly delayed due to „assuring top quality“ (not sure about the exact term).

What were the biggest challenges during development of this lens?

02-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This was answered last year, I believe. The line was suspended (which means it could be revived, but is currently not being developed).
They also "answered" the K-3ii replacement question then - but it's not clear that last year's answer is still "operative" {look up Nixon use of the word}
02-13-2019, 02:59 PM   #18
Veteran Member

acceseries for the k-1

telaconverters, for the full frame lenses?
02-13-2019, 03:03 PM - 1 Like   #19
Forum Member

My biggest question is if there is a ground-up new FF camera on the horizon.

02-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
1. Any plans for Tokyo Olympic 2020? (this one is more of marketing campaigns planning.)
2. Same as some earlier question, please update us on the development of a new flagship APSC.
3. FF mirrorless, they might want to keep looking while another people having lunch for now, that is ok to me, but I am sure they must have some internal talk regarding FF mirrorless development. I wonder if they can share what are "technical challenges" for Pentax if they were to develop such camera body.
We out here can only guess. It would be nice to know it directly from Pentax. (But only if they want to share.)
4. Share with us a few plan to attract new users into the brand. Any upcomming campaign / product development they think might be interesting to get more people to buy Pentax?
5. if or when Pentax do a FF or midium format mirrorless, would you consider do a square sensor mirrorless? Without a mirror-box in there, it doesn't need to be a regetangular shape anymore. (i guess this one should to go any one make sensor, sony?)

Last edited by tokyoscape; 02-13-2019 at 09:32 PM.
02-13-2019, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
In the future, how will Ricoh Imaging consider the software features that users would want to have implemented in their cameras.
I second this: so far virtually all camera manufacturers (with exception of Sony) seem to ignore the fact that modern cameras are actually specialized image processing computers. What about operating system for cameras? Ricoh could be the first manufacturer offering such novel approach. Project Lantern has been providing something similar, but this is not official Canon software.

Another question: what about true wireless flash system? In my opinion even budget radio systems (like Yongnuo which I use) are superior in terms of range and reliability to optical ones, and Ricoh could consider K-1 III 'Flash Commander' version
02-13-2019, 03:25 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most Pentax Forum members are over 50, and many started using Pentax decades ago. Do RI have plans to specificaly attract new users?

02-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #23

Pentax was once known for the fast long tele primes. Are there any plans for the roadmap (e.g. 200 f4 macro, 300 2.8, ...)?

Are there any additional accessories planned? A radio flash on the roadmap would also be great.

The bayonett mounts for the MILCs have lately seen a significant redesign. What is Pentax' position to it with respect to image quality and lens costs.
02-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If mirrorless is not a priority for you because it needs more money for R&D is there a chance to catch the L mount club "Panasonic. Sigma. Leica "?
02-13-2019, 03:45 PM - 3 Likes   #25
JPT
Pentaxian

How important is “subject recognition technology” and “deep learning” for the future of AF?

What happened to PLM? The one telezoom that was released was very well received, but there is still no PLM equipped standard zoom.
02-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #26
Veteran Member

- Question about when K3 III is a must that they will not answer to...
- Shall we expect a KP II ? Is this retro upper mid range SLR a one shot or a sub segment Pentax wants to keep in portfolio
- What is management view about long term dynamics of APSC vs FF submarkets
- Many walkaround lenses are now available, 18-55 aside : 16-85, 17-70, 18-135, 16-50. Can we expect a DA* with a real range that was planned before 16-85 but never came to life?
- Sigma shut down its cameras division, also now part of L mount alliance : is there any meaningful partnership Pentax could leverage on ?

02-13-2019, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

Students can buy an entry-level DSLR with a kit lens from other manufacturers for less than $400 ($399 canon T6; $396 Nikon D3500). Why doesn't Pentax have an entry-level DSLR at this price-point? The K-70, at a 50% higher cost for just the body, is out of most students' budget. Are there any plans for a $400 entry-level competitor to get beginners hooked on our brand?

And thank them for not wasting time on video, mirrorless cameras or EVFs. Some of us just want a winning still-image producing machine.

QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
Another question: what about true wireless flash system? In my opinion even budget radio systems (like Yongnuo which I use) are superior in terms of range and reliability to optical ones, and Ricoh could consider K-1 III 'Flash Commander' version
This would be great!
02-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Students can buy an entry-level DSLR with a kit lens from other manufacturers for less than $400 ($399 canon T6; $396 Nikon D3500). Why doesn't Pentax have an entry-level DSLR at this price-point? The K-70, at a 50% higher cost for just the body, is out of most students' budget. Are there any plans for a $400 entry-level competitor to get beginners hooked on our brand?

And thank them for not wasting time on video, mirrorless cameras or EVFs. Some of us just want a winning still-image producing machine.
I guess it is a low margin segment where price point matters more than technical features.
This is also an entry level segment that probably suffers more from handsets competition than upper ranges.
At last clients of this segment tend to buy less lenses outside of kits.
One argument in favor of entry level is that this is a way to start in Pentax environment before upgrading
02-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As always, questions about future products will likely be met with "we can't answer that", so please be a bit more creative
Is the big surprise a mirrorless 6x7?!! If not, then what is it?

Hopefully some kind of mirrorless with a more robust video capability so we do not have to utilize another system to fill that need.
02-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
If mirrorless is not a priority for you because it needs more money for R&D is there a chance to catch the L mount club "Panasonic. Sigma. Leica "?
I'd like to ask the same. Why not joining the L mount alliance and selling an optional K to L mount adapter with their new mirrorless FF cameras
Closed Thread