Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2019, 10:08 AM - 2 Likes   #181
Pentaxian

Rico, could you please stop? Not only are you embarrassing yourself out here, you are also bothering to death many of those who follow this thread.

02-26-2019, 10:23 AM   #182
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
And, the GR is already designed as it is, no conclusion on any internet forum can change that.
MMVIII this my point. The GRIII is already designed. There is nothing that can be done about it. The Pentax community is waiting on other camera bodies we know nothing about yet. Let's hope with some pressure from the community Ricoh/Pentax will include Pro performance like UHS-II in the next APS-C and Full Frame DSLR"s.

The GRIII delivers excellent files which is really the final word.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-26-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Keeping it respectful
02-26-2019, 10:35 AM - 3 Likes   #183
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
phoebus are you saying that the FlashMemorySummit PDF is wrong because it does not support your conclusion.

It actually lays out the points I have been saying why moving to UHS-II is so beneficial. Under the "UHS-II is Saving Energy" section points to the Full & Half Duplex modes as to how the energy is saved.
Rico - just look at the maths.

All that power saving claim amounts to just an extra 0.1 shots for the GRiii based on the figures given in that document scaled to the reported battery capacity and CIPA shots per battery.

The power savings in the UHS II bus are insignificant in the overall package, where screen, sensor, processor and IBIS all contribute to the energy consumption.

I have put the calculations in my post. At least read it!
02-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #184
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Requested.

02-26-2019, 11:12 AM - 9 Likes   #185
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Folks, the UHS-I vs UHS-II discussion has taken us way off topic and, in any case, it's been exhausted. If there's to be any further discussion about it, please start another thread for that topic. Any further posts on the matter in this thread will be deleted.

I'd also ask everyone to keep things friendly and respectful. There's no need otherwise.

Thank you
03-03-2019, 01:52 AM - 1 Like   #186

GR III has increased Wi-Fi speed by about 10 times
03-05-2019, 05:53 AM - 2 Likes   #187
Pentaxian

Original Poster
????????? GRIII???????

03-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Very interesting point in the above post:

But I don't know if you remember, GRIII uses Qualcomm Xiaolong and Android system.

The Google translation may have mashed the meaning slightly, but the processor and OS is a revealing change in direction for Ricoh. Maybe that is what is adding to the development time of the next APSc.
03-05-2019, 08:07 AM   #189
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote

But I don't know if you remember, GRIII uses Qualcomm Xiaolong and Android system.

The Google translation may have mashed the meaning slightly, but the processor and OS is a revealing change in direction for Ricoh. Maybe that is what is adding to the development time of the next APSc.
I wonder whether there is a confusion with Ricoh Theta V and its Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor.
03-05-2019, 08:12 AM - 3 Likes   #190
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote

GRIII &Theta both are Android system.
03-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #191
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's been a bit of grousing about the lack of an in-body flash, even to the point where an online petition is being circulated to include one. I really wonder how often the on-camera flash really gets used though. Fill flash can be really helpful, and when you need it it's great that you have the option, but if you're doing street photography where you're trying to be a bit discreet, how often is it really used? I'm really wondering how much of a potential inconvenience it is.
03-05-2019, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #192
Banned

That is an interesting change. I didn't notice that from the camera's menu, that looks fairly known. Maybe also for K-mount in the future?

Edit.
I don't think that GRIII is running on android. There no mention of it anywhere. I guess that connecting it with an android smartphone is possible and the mix-up came from there.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 03-05-2019 at 10:20 AM.
03-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #193
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
There's been a bit of grousing about the lack of an in-body flash, even to the point where an online petition is being circulated to include one. I really wonder how often the on-camera flash really gets used though. Fill flash can be really helpful, and when you need it it's great that you have the option, but if you're doing street photography where you're trying to be a bit discreet, how often is it really used? I'm really wondering how much of a potential inconvenience it is.
The pop up flash works quite well with the high contrast bw mode for gritty night time shots. Bars, messy parties etc. I don't think street photographers tend to worry much about being descreet once the shot has been fired.

Provoke Magazine type photographs are quite often flash in the face type things.
03-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, maybe there's some merit to the grousing....

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
The pop up flash works quite well with the high contrast bw mode for gritty night time shots. Bars, messy parties etc. I don't think street photographers tend to worry much about being descreet once the shot has been fired.

Provoke Magazine type photographs are quite often flash in the face type things.
03-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #195
JPT
Pentaxian

I believe this. In the developer interviews related to Theta V, one of the people interviewed had in his bio that he also works on the GR UI, so I had wondered about this.

From trying it at CP+, there was no obvious indication that it was Android. It just works like a normal camera. If it speeds up wifi like Ooku is saying, few will be complaining.

Last edited by JPT; 03-05-2019 at 06:56 PM.